Wal Mart background check
Walmart Job seeker

Scottsdale, AZ

#23 Jul 16, 2011
I was recently caught shop-lifting at a grocery store about 8 months ago. Ive been out of work for almost a year and my 1 yr old toddler was starving. We had just been turned away by 2 homeless shelter and while we were looking for a place to sleep we went into a Frys grocery store to use the restroom. While I was in the stall doing my business my daughter had slipped away before I had a chance to even pull my paints up. I had found her in the fruits and vegestable eisle and before I had a chance to grab her she had eaten a few grapes. The next thing I know I'm being arested for shoplifting and my daughter being taken away. Now I'm living in a homeless shelter trying to better my life and it scares me to death that I might not get this job at Walmart.
Beverly

Palestine, TX

#24 Jul 17, 2011
Pleze Cook wrote:
I been waiting on my background check to come back for two weeks and i know it aint nothing on record,but a class c mid.for hot checks and they keep telling me that it havent came back yet.
Did you ever get your answer and did you get hired?
peaches

United States

#26 Jul 24, 2011
Walmart employee wrote:
Walmart hire me today.I went on a interview monday. Did a drug test wednesday and was hire today being friday. I also had a record and was worried about not being hire because of it. God bless me and made a way!!! So happy cause its so hard to find a job now days.
.
What kind of record did u have?
Ellie

Phoenix, AZ

#27 Jul 29, 2011
Well here goes my story!
In 2008 I was charged with 5th degree Asult a missdemeanor because my ex wanted to beat me up once again in the 3 years and because I couldn't take it any more I told the cops I'd kill him if he don't leave me alone.

Now, I can't get the job, guess what? I don't blame walmart I just disslike that they are lying to us and saying oh this and that. I like it when you tell me in my face that you don't like that I have that on my background check and that's what stoped you from hiring me.

I was hired and drug test went through fine but they said that my background check did not come back again a LIE! I know it did because in any job background checks come bac within a few days not weeks. DUMB!

Now, I blame the GOVERNMENT, why? Here's why...I did something to protect myself, who would if not me, there are some people who did the weed and stole but if its more than 2-3 years and he/she has been clean why not hire them?
But NO money roles dude!
I blame the goverment because I can't get a job because of something that I did a few years ago and can't get hired even with MCDs let alone Walmart. But hey, thats cool because I'm a bad person for whomever is trying to hire me...
But look at this now, I go to a bank to put 500 dollars and they dissapear but than its found out that the banks empoyee took it and she had a CLEAN BACKGROUND CHECK. Now, how the f*ck can you judge me? The clean person stole and thats ok she has a job but I who tried to protect myself from an idiot I'm bad and the person who stole a few years ago is bad and everyone is afraid to hire us, but people who are acually clean its OK, they can steal but they still have a job.

Its dumb and racist on whatever grounds and the government gets mad when you get a job under the table and when you dont pay taxes and child support, how the fuck would I be able to do that when I can't even get a job in the lowest company on earth...dumb but its ok..7 years will pass but when they realize how much they loose off of me or many of us that role like that, than I end up in jail...but not this time...
Cindy

White Pine, TN

#28 Jul 31, 2011
A Johnson City Tn employee (Browns Mill) location commited a FELONY A few years ago and the Stupid HR people let it pass. What happens in the bakery stays in the bakery.
Care

United States

#29 Aug 4, 2011
Bebop813 wrote:
I have a record but was told it's withheld so i marked no on the application because it syas if your has been sealed or withheld do so. But i'm still nervous it will come up an it seem like i lied or tried to hide it which isn't the case..
Something had happen to me. They turned me down even with what was my record was sealed and close they look at like was lying was not. Anyway there lost not mine I find a job take time...
ex walmart associate

Dallas, TX

#30 Aug 16, 2011
I recently took a background check for walmart and passed. All of my charges were pending though a total of eight, two public intox, two speeding, one driving while license invalid, one assault, one headlight ticket, and failure to display drivers license. This is in north Texas. Now granted the pending charge for the assault, two public intoxication and one speeding were in a major city so either their records are backed up or it hit the two year statute of limitations. Now retail companies do not hire you for drug charges, assault charges, any class of theft and of course felonies. But when told to include anything pending when they asked I asked what if its just a traffic ticket they said don't include those so I don't know maybe I'm lucky but I got hired. Also had a felony case that got dismissed so ya.
WOW just wow

Mesa, AZ

#31 Aug 18, 2011
I just got my background check back from walmart I have a drug felony so i was trying to be honest and i put yes on the application.... I get denied for the job only because I put yes for a felony they must have a shitty background checking agency because they sent me the background check and it was 100% clean. They even went as far as a "national crim search us" and I came back clean.. walmart is a scam had I lied I would of had the job.
Rae

United States

#32 Aug 20, 2011
Kimberly Knight wrote:
Quit smoking pot. It's against the law, period. How can you say your a good person and ethical? What freakin world are you living in? The one I'm living in says it's against the law to smoke Pot. Don't get pissed at Wal Mart 'cause they don't want pot heads working for them. Stop doing what sociaty says is wrong. You'll do fine.
What a judgemental B! I don't smoke pot, but I simply had to respond to your judgemental, condensending response. So if they legalized it, would it then be okay? Tell me, are you fat? That's not accepted in mainstream society either. Do you drink alcohol ever to excess? Another unsavory habit? Are you a smoker? Definitely not acceptable these days. Do you pop painkillers or depression pills that doctors prescribe? If you do, guess what? Many people are coming to the consensus that your a drug addict, regardless of legality. I know what world I live in, where I don't push my personal preferences on others nor belittle them should they not follow the rules I live by. Bottomline: if no one is stepping on your rights and forcing you to partake in something you don't enjoy, then F'n relax and stop being so judgemental. That's for God alone...
Drew

Rochester, NH

#34 Sep 5, 2011
walmart applicant wrote:
if you have a DUI you are never going to get in and any charges for that matter even harrasment,or false information to a police officer,any drug charges even if you did pass your test walmart is very strict indeed as well if five years passes after your charge you are able to reapply
I had a DUI on my record that is only 2 years old. When I applied I told them about it and they still hired me. Just an FYI
Amber

Mexia, TX

#35 Sep 15, 2011
I took a drug test and did the background check 8 days ago, they shook my hand and told me i got the job and welcomed me aboard... soo of course, i quit my current job... now walmart is telling me they still dont have my background check back yet.... this is super gay, i marked 'no' cause my one misdemeanor was supposedly exponged
David

Queens Village, NY

#36 Sep 15, 2011
I was fired two years ago for check fraud , but I was not charged any criminal or sentence to jail would I get hired at walmart. Also , I currently work for a company as a store mgr.
better life

Laveen, AZ

#37 Sep 22, 2011
kimberly knight your a dumb ass also i have a paraphanella charge will i get hired i go piss tomorrow but im worried about my background check
Yaay

Hannibal, NY

#38 Oct 23, 2011
I worked for walmart 3 Years I got pregnant I informed them and they stop scheduling me and I ended unemployed I had to fight unemployment for 5 months with themto get the benefits now I just had my second baby my friend ismanager I'n walmart he called me and offered me a job and I said heck yea so I do all 3 interviews and filled paper work they said we call u back this weekend for orientation and it's been a week and no calls my record was clean before this time I cought a charge of possession of marihuana which I dont smoke It was a smoking bow my sisters bf left I'n my car and welfare of a child for having that bow close to my son I'm sooo pissed I know they havent call me for my background and I really need the job I broke my godamn back for them for 3 years hard working efficient I loved my job and now they're kicking me to the side like if I committed the biggest of the mistakes hopefully I'll find a job my daughter is only 14 days born and u need a job
waiting

Escalon, CA

#39 Oct 24, 2011
Amber wrote:
I took a drug test and did the background check 8 days ago, they shook my hand and
told me i got the job and welcomed me aboard... soo of course, i quit my current job... now walmart is telling me they still dont have my background check back yet.... this is super gay, i marked 'no' cause my one misdemeanor was supposedly exponged
So did they finally call you? If so, how long was your total wait time I'm in the same position now, just wondering.
worried

Brandon, FL

#40 Oct 24, 2011
back in 2006... I was at the right place at the wrong time... and I was in a house where someone was stealing electricity... I was charged for it... it comes up as trespassing sumthing bout utility theft... and now Im up for a walmart job... everything has come up perfect... do u think this will make me not get hired?
AylaShea

Moody, AL

#41 Nov 4, 2011
Kimberly Knight wrote:
Quit smoking pot. It's against the law, period. How can you say your a good person and ethical? What freakin world are you living in? The one I'm living in says it's against the law to smoke Pot. Don't get pissed at Wal Mart 'cause they don't want pot heads working for them. Stop doing what sociaty says is wrong. You'll do fine.
So I may be a little late on the topic.. I found this searching for an answer concerning my fiance's interview. Anyways, to the Kimberly person, did he not say in his opening question that he knew he was going to pass the drug test because he quit smoking the last time he got arrested.... Just saying, and by the way, his question had nothing to do with him CURRENTLY smoking pot.
WallyWorld

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42 Nov 4, 2011
I Worked in HR and Ive knwon individuals that were hired on House Arrest with grand theft charges employed as cashiers, cart pushers and sales associates
laughing at walmart

Anchorage, AK

#43 Nov 5, 2011
So i wasted a ton of time doing 3 interviews and a drug test. i should send them a bill for gas. anyway I received my background check today in the mail. had a misdemeanor for 2000 on it..(drinking in a public place) lol that's a crime in Michigan parks.. so i called Walmart to ask the status of my app.. the job i was getting was a "unload-er" as Walmart put it..(DOCK/Stock for the real world). anyway they said "we haven't received your report, we should get a copy on Monday electronically". Are you JOKING??!? last time i checked email is much faster then real mail. WHATEVER WALMART, meet the new Loss Prevention associate with the Army Air-force Exchange On a Military Installation (the PX for those who know)
Dear Walmart,
You Suck and owe me $7.95 for gas..
stock boy

Dallas, TX

#44 Nov 6, 2011
I've had 2 assult charges and spent time in jail and still got hired at walmart, not once but twice! The 2nd charge is when I was already working at walmart. I just took a LOA and then went back after I got outta jail.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Does Wal-Mart Ship Luggage? 1 hr celebfan 1
Daytime Support Managers Thu Tex 2
Environmentally Friendly Engine Coolant should ... May 27 Jackson1987 1
Oil and Grease May 26 Jackson1987 1
Got offered a promotion to CSM at Walmart? (Mar '14) May 26 Tabreis414 7
are walmart stores too hot? (Jun '12) May 23 kleaa 7
News Walmart Closing Five Stores For 'Plumbing Probl... May 22 Sam W 32
More from around the web