are walmart stores too hot?

are walmart stores too hot?

Posted in the Wal Mart Stores Forum

Mark Rosenkranz

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 27, 2012
Do you think walmart stores are too hot? I do.
no reason to be hot

Tavares, FL

#2 Oct 8, 2012
one of the reasons the stores are hot is because they leave the cart doors open even all night long. the stockers are sweating, and a few of them smell pretty bad by morning.(bet the customers love that!) guess walmart does not care about the environment after all as all that cold air escapes the building instead of staying inside keeping everyone comfortable and the products in good shape. just think of all that bonus out the door too!
Flying Dutch

Providence, RI

#3 Sep 6, 2013
our break room is so hot i suspect the ventilation system is defective. the doors are kept closed because they are not allowed to be open per direction of the local fire department 'for safety reasons'. the temperature is stiffling and many people have bad colds. welcome to wal*mart.
David

Lumberton, NC

#4 Sep 15, 2013
ALL WalDumb stores all temperature controlled from Bentonville. They could care less about the temp of their stores, just revenue generated per day. They have a horrible maintenance schedule and is very seldom adhered to. I worked in one store for 16 months and was NEVER comfortable.
Guest999

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 May 22, 2014
Bentonville keeps the air at 76. Call 1-800-wal-mart or send a complaint to CORPORATE at walmart.com they won't listen to the employees but maybe they will the customers if they voice their opinion enough. They recently took out the fans at the checkouts and now it's a real issue up there with the lack of air. Tell them to bring the fans back or you will stop shopping there. thanks.
Guest999

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 May 22, 2014
kleaa

Julian, CA

#7 May 23, 2015
YES...all Walmart stores in San Diego are too warm! I purchased a thermostate recently and it read 80 degrees the entire 45 minutes I was shopping! Seriously people, bacteria thrives under warm conditions and this is a huge problem!!! It has been over 5 years now and its ridiculous... I truly feel sorry for the employees especially if this is cause for a health epedemic! I don't purchase perishables there for this reason!!
Brenda

Maxton, NC

#8 Jul 10, 2015
YES IT IS TOO HOT!!!
stocker 10-7

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2015
Mark Rosenkranz wrote:

Of course they are hot. As a night stocker we quickly learned at midnight, all temp control is turned off. Manager said if we wanted to cool off work dairy/ frozen. That's a real solution....
A/C is turned on at 5 am for customers. Try stocking and maintain "my guide" with sweat running down your face...and everywhere else. Managers are in air conditioned office.

Ain't equality wonderful?
shannon

Akron, OH

#10 Aug 4, 2015
Mark Rosenkranz wrote:
No I don't think they're hot. They're comfortable
shannon

Akron, OH

#11 Aug 4, 2015
I love walmart
Deb in Texas

Nederland, TX

#12 Jan 1, 2016
I love Walmart too, but for years, winter or summer, it's just too warm in there. Some years ago, My mother and I both had a low blood sugar at the same time, while shopping, cause the lows are often brought on by getting overheated. My grown daughter got sick the other day while she was shopping cause it was so warm in there. My husband had to go outside the store today, to cool off in the 48 degree temp. because he was dripping sweat inside. Go figure.
Xena

United States

#13 Jan 8, 2016
Brenda wrote:
YES IT IS TOO HOT!!!
Then DON'T shop @ Wal-Mart MORON!
Waldahl

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2016
Deb in Texas wrote:
I love Walmart too, but for years, winter or summer, it's just too warm in there. Some years ago, My mother and I both had a low blood sugar at the same time, while shopping, cause the lows are often brought on by getting overheated. My grown daughter got sick the other day while she was shopping cause it was so warm in there. My husband had to go outside the store today, to cool off in the 48 degree temp. because he was dripping sweat inside. Go figure.
Please just shut up or better yet shop some place else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question regarding Wal Mart alcohol policy (Jul '12) 1 hr Former Cashier 269
Holy Spirit condemnation! 1 hr Sam 1
Walmart Bonus (Mar '07) Sun Charmain 185
background check question (Mar '15) May 27 KeithSettles95 20
News Wal-Mart Loses Everyday Low Price Edge as Germa... May 27 Guest 3
favoritism May 26 fed up in tle 1
Unit of measure (uom) colour May 24 metal_liberty 1
More from around the web