Wal-Mart: Great Place to Work, Take i...
Harrison

United States

#65 Dec 4, 2011
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
After Wal Mart fired an employee for using medical cannabis ON HIS OWN TIME I have never set foot in a Wal Mart and I never will until the company makes this right. I try not to business with any organization that drug tests employees in violation of their fourth amendment rights.
Medical Cannabis is NOT recognized as "OK" by ANY company, even in California. If you FAIL a Drug Test or are asked to take one and do not pass, you are technically Under the Influence and are now a liability to the company. This is not a violation of fourth amendment rights...when hired by the company, the employee had to sign a waiver stating that they understood the drug testing policy and they could be RANDOMLY tested at ANY given point without CAUSE. The only way this would be in violation of the Fourth Amendment is if the employee was not given these procedures and policies and did not have to sign them.
jason

Groton, CT

#66 Jul 5, 2012
I've been working at walmart for three years, love my job. All the managers treat my fellow employees fair and are easygoing. If you work, you will have nothing to worry about. If you commit gross misconduct or if your lazy, you will be fired. THAT'S FAIR!!!!! Thank you.
jason

Groton, CT

#67 Jul 5, 2012
Walmart Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Congratulations on finding a Walmart that doesn't suck. Unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the real issues. Are you timed on your work? Do you have to use the Task Management system (now called MyGuide at my store)? Do your managers assign you ten to twelve hours worth of work in an eight hour shift and then give you grief when you don't get it all done? Does your store manager actually yell at the other managers when things don't get done? When associates leave, does it take six months to get a new person hired? If you answer no to any or all of these questions, then truly you work at the Shangri La of Walmarts.
And let's not forget about the actions that come down from Corporate. The substantial increase in the cost of insurance, the elimination of Profit Sharing, the continuous revising of the My
Share Program to make it more difficult to get a quarterly bonus (with no change in business, our store went from an average of $300 down to $50 every quarter).
So, just because your store is 'fun' to work at doesn't mean Walmart is a great company. As far as I'm concerned, the biggest negative mark against Walmart is the fact that their stores can be classified as good or bad and the fact that an associate at a good store has the nerve to belittle an associate at a bad store. If you actually pay attention to what Walmart does as a whole, you will see that the only thing they care about is money. They do NOT care about the customer. I mean, if customers complain that they can never find an associate to help them, do you think Walmart cares when they reduce the workforce?
If your store did there job, you would get a bigger bonus!
jason

Groton, CT

#68 Jul 5, 2012
Amanda-Texas wrote:
What I find amazing about the comments is this. Everyone Loves the low prices that Walmart offers, but they expect that the employees are paid the highest wages in the industry, and the company provides the best customer service. Just in case you did not know this...There is a sacrafice for the low prices. Deal with the minimal customer service, and fair wages paid to employees, and the hard working employees will tolerate the rude, impatient, and sometimes purely disrespectful customers. Stop asking for champagne and Macy service at a discount retailer!! You get what you pay for...a fair price and reasonable service.
I recive fair wages, and we give great customer service.
Loo

Cincinnati, OH

#69 Jul 9, 2012
jason wrote:
<quoted text> I recive fair wages, and we give great customer service.
How much does a pharmacy tech start at ?
Non- certified.
jason

Groton, CT

#70 Jul 11, 2012
Loo wrote:
<quoted text>
How much does a pharmacy tech start at ?
Non- certified.
Around $9.00 per hour, give or take 50 cents.
Loo

Cincinnati, OH

#71 Jul 22, 2012
jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Around $9.00 per hour, give or take 50 cents.
Thanks. The job offer was right at $9.00 an hr .
Loo

Cincinnati, OH

#72 Jul 22, 2012
I have never worked retail, do I will have nothing to compare wal-mart to. I have been out if work a long time do to the recession. My last job , I was the boss making $15 an hour at a group home.
I am glad just to have a job. Disappointed with the pay , but I know it will go up as my experience does. So far I am pleased with the experience .
I will be working as a Pharm Tech , I do have exp.
Wal-Mart offers great benefits //perks.
seriously

United States

#74 Sep 21, 2012
Ok let's get real here people! You all have very strong opinions towards this company! Let me say this if you are going to categorize all walmart employees as one thing or another SHAME ON YOU! People have to work no matter wether educated or not! Personaly I really don't care what your opinion is grow up! Work fast food for awhile to make ends meet then tell me what you think!
RachelIsAJerk

Taylor, MI

#75 Oct 24, 2012
seriously wrote:
Ok let's get real here people! You all have very strong opinions towards this company! Let me say this if you are going to categorize all walmart employees as one thing or another SHAME ON YOU! People have to work no matter wether educated or not! Personaly I really don't care what your opinion is grow up! Work fast food for awhile to make ends meet then tell me what you think!
She is completely right. Walmart isn't that bad. Just because SOME of you have had some bad run-ins. Doesn't mean everyone else has. Get over yourselves. Oh boy, you guys cuss, you guys can talk bad about a company and their employers, oh boy, y'all are tough. All it does is prove your immature. Life isn't going to hand you the best job in the world. You may hate walmart, but honestly, it's what you make of it. With y'alls attitude, it's no wonder you hate it. It's a job, you get money. If you don't like it, quit. Try finding another crummy job in this economy. Just get over it. Move on. And shut up.
nun ya

Frederick, MD

#76 Mar 10, 2013
BONNIE wrote:
you know, it is really unfair for that judgmental, holier than Thou person or anyone ass of a person to judge people who are employed by Walmart as being mentally challenged, or deficient and capable of nothing else just because they work there and choose to. There are various circumstances for all people that want,and/or need to work. What is the difference if one works at walmart, or JC Penneys, or Kaufmans etc? retail is retail, and times are tough! Some people may just want to work there because they need to provide for their family and themselves, or for extra cash or because the Gov. has screwed us and were in a recession! Not in a position to be pickey.
I give much credit to ANYONE that works for a living ...PERIOD! Jobs are scarce. At least Walmart pays more than most retail Monsters, and they do offer incentives. Employees there are not expected to push credit cards on the customers, as they do at many retail greedy business' Thats the worst! So shut your big mouth and go sit in the dunce corner where you can dream that your someone special!
Cashiers are now "asked" to ask people if they would like to apply for credit cards.
Kelsey

United States

#77 May 13, 2013
I enjoy working for Walmart! I am a cashier / sales associate. I look forward to being with them for a long time :)
Brandon

Montgomery, AL

#78 Jun 24, 2013
LALA wrote:
WHAT is Cbl test at wal-mart
A computer based learning test you must pass upon being hired.
Spark

Lindstrom, MN

#79 Nov 25, 2013
I have worked retail for more than 15 years for at least 5 different chains. I have only been with Walmart three years but have now been promoted four times. I started as a cashier moved to the service desk, became a customer service supervisor, and I am now a department manager. My previous experience gave me an initial boost in pay when starting. I received my first pay increase after 90 days, another with each promotion, and an annual pay increase based on my yearly evaluation. In a few months I start the mentor program for assistant. I have always given 1005 at my job. I have four kids, and have never had a problem with the company not respecting personal or medical concerns that arise. I go to school full time and plan to graduate in February with my bachelors in management. I intend to stick with the company and move into a corporate position. Let people say negative things. I have never felt unappreciated, though at times I have felt overworked. The holidays can be stressful, but when you choose a career in retail for most any company some things are to be expected, especially working over the holiday's. I have worked hard to show leadership, bring new ideas to the table, and promote positive change for my department, my store, and my company. It is possible to have a full time position in the company. I do find my benefits affordable, my pay is reasonable, and the friendship and respect I get from my coworkers and management team are a blessing on bad days!
cookies72

Riverside, CA

#80 Nov 26, 2013
I've shopped at three Walmart. Let's just say the cimparrison pricing with target the difference was 25 cents. People are rude at Walmart the stores are trashed. I refuse to go into one. I will pay the extra 25 cents to shop at target. No lines and very convenient. Unlike Walmart who only has 3 lines open at any given time and a line that goes to the end of the store. And the pharmacy is just as bad.
just thinking

Clarkton, MO

#82 Apr 9, 2014
well i had a friend that went to Wal Mart had her interview was told her pay went took drug test back ground and 3 days later they call say everything came back good they set up her 3 day orientation she goes on a Tuesday witch is her first day and was told to b back there that Thursday but before Thursday got here she got a call Wednesday morning telling her not to come back they have had to cut hours and wait for their call does that mean its just a nice way of saying found someone else ive never heard of them doing this to anyone has it happen to anyone
I hate walmart

Cedar Rapids, IA

#84 Jun 4, 2014
Bunch of scandalous slave driving for little money can't even afford to pay your bills. They want u on Obama care and welfare that's the way it works their. I know ppl need jobs and ppl need insurance but u ppl need to unite and stand up for yourselves walmart is a god damn joke. I being in the union building trades hate to see hard working Americans getting ripped off by their employers. I will take every last walmart employee to STAND UP AND FIGHT for what u guys are entitled to. If you have a job you should not have to stay living in poverty and soak up tax payers cash. Walmart is a absolute joke SAMs club the same walmart can kiss my ass join a union and make some real cash have represenitives on your side make it to where walmart can not screw ya over cause that's what they are about. Wake up America walmart is a worthless company..
sammyWalton

United States

#85 Jul 18, 2014
I hate walmart wrote:
Bunch of scandalous slave driving for little money can't even afford to pay your bills. They want u on Obama care and welfare that's the way it works their. I know ppl need jobs and ppl need insurance but u ppl need to unite and stand up for yourselves walmart is a god damn joke. I being in the union building trades hate to see hard working Americans getting ripped off by their employers. I will take every last walmart employee to STAND UP AND FIGHT for what u guys are entitled to. If you have a job you should not have to stay living in poverty and soak up tax payers cash. Walmart is a absolute joke SAMs club the same walmart can kiss my ass join a union and make some real cash have represenitives on your side make it to where walmart can not screw ya over cause that's what they are about. Wake up America walmart is a worthless company..
I AGREE! Why do Union members (teachers, police/fire, etc) shop @ Walmart? Walmart employees get as little pay as allowed by Government & Schools go CRAZY when Walton Family "gives" them supplies. A box was put in my Walmart store for donations for Associates & not ONE "Union" supported us. Walton family isn't the richest for being the most generous. I've worked for Walmart 2 years & have been treated terrible by management & customers. Will leave as soon as I find another job.
sammyWalton

United States

#86 Jul 18, 2014
jason wrote:
I've been working at walmart for three years, love my job. All the managers treat my fellow employees fair and are easygoing. If you work, you will have nothing to worry about. If you commit gross misconduct or if your lazy, you will be
fired. THAT'S FAIR!!!!! Thank you.
THIS ISN'T A POST BY AN ACTUAL WALMART ASSOCIATE! Walmart monitors these & will write things saying how GREAT it is to work for Walmart! Ask ANY Walmart associate & they will tell you how TERRIBLE it is to work for the richest family in the world while they barely survive
friend of John

United States

#87 Jul 18, 2014
jason wrote:
I've been working at walmart for three years, love my job. All the managers treat my fellow employees fair and are easygoing. If you work, you will have nothing to worry about. If you commit gross misconduct or if your lazy, you will be fired. THAT'S FAIR!!!!! Thank you.
What are you smoking! Must be crack cause you be wack! Walmart is only a little better then Target to work for. It's. FAIR for Walmart employees to have a Union! I worked for Walmart 9 months & was treated terrible. Have been working for Costco 2 years & enjoy. People work for Walmart cause there is nothing better & leave as soon as they can. I worked in the grocery & need to warn people not to buy Walmart produce, dairy or meat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal Mart background check (Apr '10) 5 hr Bad319 501
News At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-... Wed Walmart Smoke 1
Video Game Contractor info Wed Bosox3 1
Mural Chapel & Walmart, who are they? What do t... Wed LongTimeDeptMgr 2
Looking for a managers response Wed LongTimeDeptMgr 21
Question regarding Wal Mart alcohol policy (Jul '12) Jun 26 Ricky 286
why is it so hard to get promoted??? (Mar '12) Jun 26 Eddie 22
More from around the web