Wal-Mart: Great Place to Work, Take i...
tania

Canada

#43 Aug 12, 2010
i did'n finshed my CBL yet and i spend 2 day on CBL test but i havent done it yet so what will happen to me or what they will do with me please give me information thanks.
as chashier in wallmart.
employee of the month

Monroe, GA

#44 Aug 19, 2010
i too work 4 walmart and work there 4 10 yrs yes i said 10. been a dept mgr and an associate . been in 3 deptartments . i gotta say stress has been my main complaint with lesser help less hrs to work and pay ok .the only reason i stay is cause im stuck, i dont wanna start over . i need the insurance so its not the company its the idiots running it at store level change is need but walmart doesnt want too
don123bran1st

Lewisburg, TN

#45 Sep 2, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
After Wal Mart fired an employee for using medical cannabis ON HIS OWN TIME I have never set foot in a Wal Mart and I never will until the company makes this right. I try not to business with any organization that drug tests employees in violation of their fourth amendment rights.
drug testing is not a violation of the 4th amendment! The point of this amendment was to prevent a search and seizure that was unwarranted. When you sign the papers for employment you usually sign an agreement with a clause stating that you are willing to submit to and comply with drug testing policies set forth by that company. In CA, if he had a prescription and a medical cannabis stamp he could have presented it to them.
Barbara

Rogers, AR

#46 Sep 3, 2010
I have worked at Walmart for 5 years and I just looked at my profit sharing account and I have about $5,000 in it. I couldn't be happier. No one ever mentions that you get profit sharing and I was surprised.
BONNIE

AOL

#47 Sep 9, 2010
you know, it is really unfair for that judgmental, holier than Thou person or anyone ass of a person to judge people who are employed by Walmart as being mentally challenged, or deficient and capable of nothing else just because they work there and choose to. There are various circumstances for all people that want,and/or need to work. What is the difference if one works at walmart, or JC Penneys, or Kaufmans etc? retail is retail, and times are tough! Some people may just want to work there because they need to provide for their family and themselves, or for extra cash or because the Gov. has screwed us and were in a recession! Not in a position to be pickey.
I give much credit to ANYONE that works for a living ...PERIOD! Jobs are scarce. At least Walmart pays more than most retail Monsters, and they do offer incentives. Employees there are not expected to push credit cards on the customers, as they do at many retail greedy business' Thats the worst! So shut your big mouth and go sit in the dunce corner where you can dream that your someone special!
Evil Klown

Shallotte, NC

#48 Dec 7, 2010
JabbaJaw wrote:
Wal Mart is a great place to work some think, Well have I got news for you. If you have cable t.v. with on-demand capabilities go to the FREE MOVIE section N-Z and find the Wal Mart movie, It will open your eyes to what they are REALLY like. It's NOT what the people that work there say it is.
Yes, because movies are reality. Every braying jackass agrees.
Jerry

New York, NY

#49 Dec 7, 2010
hmmm
COL

Denver, CO

#50 Mar 10, 2011
Unsatisfied wrote:
Depends on who you know not what you know, and all people in charge all uneducated High School drop outs who suck educated people dry of the jobs they deserve...
Just because they are drop outs does not mean they are not educated. As a matter of fact the educational system we use today is out dated, and based on an era of industrialization. You can probably vouch, school is no longer a garantee for a good job, because times have changed. I know people with a 4 year degree and i know i would never hire them, or promote them. Why, because they just aren't made for retail. Ive seen kids who have dropped out, and they can sell a five dollar item for a hundred bucks if they wanted, or make an angry customer a life time customer. You see, our educational system is obsolete, "educated" people with shitty jobs are the proof.
COL

Denver, CO

#51 Mar 10, 2011
Evil Klown wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because movies are reality. Every braying jackass agrees.
Those movies are made by unions, they want to unionize the company because its a lot of money. You would rather listen to a corporations propoganda then listen to real people who work there. Ive seen it, and its the most over exagerated movie of all time. The interviews were of people who are most likely lazy as fuck, In three years i have jumped from $8.40 an hour. To $11.10 an hour plus medical, dental, and life insurance. For a young single guy with no kids, its a pretty sweet deal. Sure i work for the company my whole life, unless i get into salarie that would be cool, a lot of money can be made then. But the people who bitch and complain are the people who dont do shit, they always want more from the company. Problem is to raise a wage, is raiseing 8 million peoples wage, which even it was a dollar, thats 8 million dollars each hour. So listen to me, Walmart is awsome if you like retail, get into security work, personal body gaurds even. Its a huge company with a lot to do outside of store level. just got to bust your ass harder then everyone else to get there.
Truth About Wal-Mart

Brentwood, TN

#53 Apr 27, 2011
Ok, so i have been a wal-mart employee since NOV. 2010. i must say this is a great job with tons of perks and some cons. but don't let that get you down. Only SOME wal-mart managers are bad they make tons of money and it goes to their head. my store is a very good store and we all have lots of fun and greatly enjoy our jobs. And before anyone decides to down me, i am only a part-time Sales Associate. i make 7.65. the point is though, if you try at your work you will be recognized that your are trying. most of the other employees that complain just complain cause they have to get up and do a little bit of work. i have no use for anyone like them. but to everyone who thinks im being biased even though that is how it sounds. if you do try and do what you job duty is, wal-mart is an excellent employment company with many opportunities. What is ironic is 2 years ago i said i would never work for wal-mart. i had a friend that worked at my store and he always told me how much fun he had so i applied very cautiously and then found out it was an amazing place. many say wal-mart should fall. i do think the size is intimidating but hey like i said if you can get into the right store with the right managers like my store then maybe some of you lowlifes will stop downing walmart. im tired of seeing walmart sucks and walmarts this and that. half of you losers dont even know what its like to work there and you base your opinion off of what others say and you hear. well guess what news flash, wal-mart is an amazing company if some of you would get off your lazy asses and try at what you do and maybe apply yourself to something. i work 30 hrs per week and im part-time soon to be going fulltime. so there you have it and you all can suck it. Sincerely- someone who actually likes his job and knows how to do it right
Walmart Employee

Warrensburg, MO

#54 Apr 29, 2011
Truth About Wal-Mart wrote:
Ok, so i have been a wal-mart employee since NOV. 2010. i must say this is a great job with tons of perks and some cons. but don't let that get you down. Only SOME wal-mart managers are bad they make tons of money and it goes to their head. my store is a very good store and we all have lots of fun and greatly enjoy our jobs. And before anyone decides to down me, i am only a part-time Sales Associate. i make 7.65. the point is though, if you try at your work you will be recognized that your are trying. most of the other employees that complain just complain cause they have to get up and do a little bit of work. i have no use for anyone like them. but to everyone who thinks im being biased even though that is how it sounds. if you do try and do what you job duty is, wal-mart is an excellent employment company with many opportunities. What is ironic is 2 years ago i said i would never work for wal-mart. i had a friend that worked at my store and he always told me how much fun he had so i applied very cautiously and then found out it was an amazing place. many say wal-mart should fall. i do think the size is intimidating but hey like i said if you can get into the right store with the right managers like my store then maybe some of you lowlifes will stop downing walmart. im tired of seeing walmart sucks and walmarts this and that. half of you losers dont even know what its like to work there and you base your opinion off of what others say and you hear. well guess what news flash, wal-mart is an amazing company if some of you would get off your lazy asses and try at what you do and maybe apply yourself to something. i work 30 hrs per week and im part-time soon to be going fulltime. so there you have it and you all can suck it. Sincerely- someone who actually likes his job and knows how to do it right
OK. Congratulations on finding a Walmart that doesn't suck. Unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the real issues. Are you timed on your work? Do you have to use the Task Management system (now called MyGuide at my store)? Do your managers assign you ten to twelve hours worth of work in an eight hour shift and then give you grief when you don't get it all done? Does your store manager actually yell at the other managers when things don't get done? When associates leave, does it take six months to get a new person hired? If you answer no to any or all of these questions, then truly you work at the Shangri La of Walmarts.

And let's not forget about the actions that come down from Corporate. The substantial increase in the cost of insurance, the elimination of Profit Sharing, the continuous revising of the My
Share Program to make it more difficult to get a quarterly bonus (with no change in business, our store went from an average of $300 down to $50 every quarter).

So, just because your store is 'fun' to work at doesn't mean Walmart is a great company. As far as I'm concerned, the biggest negative mark against Walmart is the fact that their stores can be classified as good or bad and the fact that an associate at a good store has the nerve to belittle an associate at a bad store. If you actually pay attention to what Walmart does as a whole, you will see that the only thing they care about is money. They do NOT care about the customer. I mean, if customers complain that they can never find an associate to help them, do you think Walmart cares when they reduce the workforce?
superman

Montgomery, AL

#56 Aug 6, 2011
well i have just got hired at walmart and i start tuesday i wish ppl would just grow up a job is a job nothing in life is easy so if your having problems with the ppl there just quit right but you cant do that cause you need your job right so just shut up and suck it up its not all that serous to be downing the place......
walmarx

Victor, NY

#57 Aug 6, 2011
superman wrote:
well i have just got hired at walmart and i start tuesday i wish ppl would just grow up a job is a job nothing in life is easy so if your having problems with the ppl there just quit right but you cant do that cause you need your job right so just shut up and suck it up its not all that serous to be downing the place......
lol, you poor soul, so you got a job at walmart, your all happy you will be getting a paycheck, I bet your excited for your first day, and i bet you will show them just how good a worker you are.

Honestly, i felt the same way when I first started at walmart, my first 2 years was pretty good, everyone was happy, customers loved our store, we were #1 in the district,$400 bonus every quarter, managers treated us with respect for the most part.

As time went on everything started to go down hill. Rules became stricter, more policies were set in place to restrict the associate, incentives were taken away, associates were no longer recognized for their efforts, people were getting fired for ridiculous reasons, no more people were getting hired thus increasing the stress and workload for current associates, you could taste the corruption and greed in the air.

Currently at out store, everyone is fearful of losing their job, in the past month we have lost 4 supervisors and at least 10 associates, mostly fired because they worked their asses off and had 5 minutes overtime or their daughter is in hospice with cancer and has days to live so she had to take a few days off.

Anyways, congrats on selling your soul as I have and good luck with keeping the job past 3 months......if you don't quit before that =)
Brandy

Loogootee, IN

#58 Aug 13, 2011
I just started at Wal-mart in Scottsburg Indiana. So far CBL's seems like all I get to do. Everyone in the store here seems close to one another though. I have seen no one get disrespected there except by employees and that comes with the territory....well sorry everyone else has had a bad experience...have a great day
not sure

Chicago, IL

#59 Sep 29, 2011
Well I got a ticket today and have to appear in court in 2 weeks. I'm a new employee, will I get fired? I'm scheduled to work on that day, what should I do?
krissy

Danvers, MA

#60 Oct 1, 2011
how do the cbl work can someone tell me plzzzzz and how long does it take I am a cashier
Walmart Employee

Warrensburg, MO

#61 Oct 3, 2011
krissy wrote:
how do the cbl work can someone tell me plzzzzz and how long does it take I am a cashier
CBL is the Computer Based Learning that Walmart uses to 'train' their employees. Though CBLs are called GLMSs now at my store. There are computers you can log into at work to access them. Your manager or HR should be able to help you. Their lengths vary depending on the one you have to do.
krissy

Danvers, MA

#62 Oct 3, 2011
Ky Tornado wrote:
<quoted text>
A CBL is a computer based lesson. Each job,...whether a Cashier, or Floor Associate to a simple door greeter, has to complete these lessons. It is a training tool they use, you watch the lesson, answer the questions and you either pass or you fail.
In truth, some are down right dumb and boring, and if you fail, chances are it was because you got so bored you passed out watching the lesson..lol
They are not complicated and everyone has them based upon the area you work. Of course, nothing beats learning like hands on.
Hope this helps
what kind of questionsdo they ask
Defend the right

New Lenox, IL

#63 Oct 5, 2011
walmarx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, you poor soul, so you got a job at walmart, your all happy you will be getting a paycheck, I bet your excited for your first day, and i bet you will show them just how good a worker you are.
Honestly, i felt the same way when I first started at walmart, my first 2 years was pretty good, everyone was happy, customers loved our store, we were #1 in the district,$400 bonus every quarter, managers treated us with respect for the most part.
As time went on everything started to go down hill. Rules became stricter, more policies were set in place to restrict the associate, incentives were taken away, associates were no longer recognized for their efforts, people were getting fired for ridiculous reasons, no more people were getting hired thus increasing the stress and workload for current associates, you could taste the corruption and greed in the air.
Currently at out store, everyone is fearful of losing their job, in the past month we have lost 4 supervisors and at least 10 associates, mostly fired because they worked their asses off and had 5 minutes overtime or their daughter is in hospice with cancer and has days to live so she had to take a few days off.
Anyways, congrats on selling your soul as I have and good luck with keeping the job past 3 months......if you don't quit before that =)
This sounds a lot like my Walmart. Many people said the same things before a certain manager replaced the other one,that so many things went down hill and it was all about the money instead of passion and being treated like a individual. Even if we get done early with our work, we have to do other people's work whom aren't even related to ours. Because of that many people don't even do their work since they know that others will just do it for them....
That's just the tip of the iceberg too, it's pretty fun having the store manager butt in a conversation and make me look like the bad guy because I was being sarcastic with my friends about stupid questions, with the manager appearing out of no where, telling me to just go home if you don't want to work and that it's all about the customers.(Yet I always see him telling someone who's near him to handle any customers that ask him a question, when he's not doing anything but talking.)
All the employees I work with in the back are African American and I'm the only one different there, because of that I constantly take the blame for everyone's laziness, get picked on about how I look, and I'm at the end of many jokes.(I look like a retired wrestler?, or better yet, a white ni***?) For example I work one side of the line alone most of the time and there are 3 other people on the other side, I'm sweating somewhat while constantly waiting for everyone to pick up some boxes so I can get mine,butt instead they are picking up their phone. Later on in the day I get pulled aside and they're asking me why I didn't clear the line. I tell them why and I get in trouble for it, saying that the pallets they stacked fell, that the truck wasn't unloaded in time and I'm partly to blame. When I get my yearly review, I'm below expectations because of this and other ridiculous things (Asking someone to pull a pallet for me because I was taking care of a customer merits a below expectation?). Hell, I'm the newest guy there and I'm setting up the truck instead of the people that have been there for over 3 years, not knowing what to do at first but figuring it out while everyone else stands around, even if I ask them to do something.
I've taken pictures of them on their phone, when it's past 15 minutes that we're all suppose to be getting ready for the truck and no one aside from me and my friend Kevin are there until 25 minutes pass, Filed out statements that are over 3 pages long with being harassed about my personal life, I almost went nuts over a associate who did nothing, telling me "good job bi***" on a really rough day.
happy

United States

#64 Oct 6, 2011
I have been with Walmart almost 13 years. I started in the stores where I worked pretty much everywhere on the sales floor. Things were fine until a bad inventory came up. I asked questions as to how to fix my department (I was the department manager), and all I got was laughed at by the management team. 2 months later I transferred to a distribution center. I kept all my time and doubled my salary. No more customers to deal with and a set schedule. Same caliber of people are promoted to management, but they are dealt with much less on this level. Walmart is a decent company to work for if you research all the options you have there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart money card 12 hr Walmartworker16 1
Organizing in the Walmart Distribution Centers 23 hr brian 1
Walmart new time off policy (Feb '16) Sun Dem 160
New scheduling system 2017 (Jan '17) Sun Deb 33
Walmarts shoplifting policy (Nov '15) Sun Vicki 17
Question regarding Wal Mart alcohol policy (Jul '12) Sun CUSTOMER 460
denied exchange/hurricane evacuation Sep 15 mike james 1
More from around the web