Two supermarkets campaigning against ...

Two supermarkets campaigning against hunger

There are 5 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 8, 2010, titled Two supermarkets campaigning against hunger. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Two supermarket chains with stores in the area are campaigning against hunger this month: --- Giant Food Stores plans to collect money for local food banks through Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Frank

York, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Why not give out each shopper $200.00 dollars, they can afford it.
rufus mcdougal

United States

#2 Sep 8, 2010
Frank wrote:
Why not give out each shopper $200.00 dollars, they can afford it.
frank, you're dumb. The profit margin for a grocery store is razor thin and to give out 200 dollars would be business suicide. I work for one of these companies at a local store and we have trouble making our payroll each week. Think bud.
drew pfafflin

Lancaster, PA

#3 Sep 8, 2010
Hymie Goldstein from Weis Markets says:
"no discount for you.. York County resident".
oy vey.
eat some schav and get off my back.
bupkis.
Mayor McCheese

Mount Laurel, NJ

#4 Sep 8, 2010
Why don't they just cater to the customer instead of harrassing them for donations every time they check out?
joe

Carlisle, PA

#5 Apr 10, 2012
rufus mcdougal wrote:
<quoted text>
frank, you're dumb. The profit margin for a grocery store is razor thin and to give out 200 dollars would be business suicide. I work for one of these companies at a local store and we have trouble making our payroll each week. Think bud.
dont know much about weis markets do you ? they have a much higher profit margin than most companies of their type ! and screwing the customers and employees helps keep it that way . unlike most retailers weis has always operated in the black , they owe no one !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weis Markets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rachel or whoever. anytime some guy needs video... Jun '17 reality online bu... 1
News Morgan Stanley Doubles Down On Village Super Ma... Mar '17 Humanspirit 1
weis market prices - ripped off (Oct '11) Jun '14 Dave 2
Age Discrimination (Apr '14) Apr '14 Employee 1
News Weis to Reopen Doylestown Grocery (Jun '12) Jun '12 Bob Weis 1
Bags (May '12) May '12 Sharon 1
News Weis Markets to freeze prices (Jan '09) Apr '12 GlentonMalvyn 155
More from around the web