City works to make curbside recycling a reality

Curbside recycling soon could be a reality in Farmington. About a year after a room-filling group of citizens asked for recyclables to be picked up at their homes, the city will begin negotiation with the ... Full Story
DADDY KALINKA

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Apr 2, 2008
I think recycling is the way to go.I for one save the aluminum cans,been using the small fluorescent lights and have taken plastics to the recycle center.I don't want to pay another 30-40 dollars per year to pick up a few items at my home.Aquestion is what will the city make on the recycled items? Could we make a profit like a real business would? Maybe there could be no cost to the public.I don't want to hear someone say 3 dollars a month isn't a lot of money!!! It is for people on fixed incomes or working trying to heat homes and pay for health insurance.It's very easy to say no big deal on the money when one makes mega bucks. There are many avenues to look at for the money.Maybe even some of our large businesses that make record profits every year would like to donate to the area where they pay workers little and make a lot.This is for Marlene Feuer,I don't go to Starbucks and buy lattes and then throw the paper cup away also waste gas in line at the drive up.There are people that don't have money to spend 3-5 dollars a day for a coffee.Hey , ask Starbucks for the money or charge a recycle fee at the fast food places.Now thats an idea.FARMINGTON CAN CHARGE A RECYCLE FEE AT FAST FOOD PLACES AND MAYBE PUT A RETURN TAX OR FEE ON PLASTIC POP BOTTLES.THIS IS AMERICA MAKE THOSE WHO USE THE ITEMS PAY FOR THE RECYCLING,SMAKERS PAY A HUGE TAX TO SMOKE NOT US THAT DONT.DSRINKERS PAY HEAVY TAXES ON ALCOHOL.PUT THE THINKING HATS ON !!!WE ARE TAXED TO DEATH FIND ALTERNATIVES,GEEZE.That's all I got to say about this.
emily

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 5, 2008
$3-4 a month is probably cheaper than the gas required to haul the recyclables somewhere myself..that is assuming I ever even get around to it. That fee sounds like a STEAL to me.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2010
Kerbside recycling now is going to become reality soon. But this term is enliven from the years back and still continue to run through from that era. Kerbside recycling would differentiate between the wastes from home for recycling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waste Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Truth About Recycling Sep '14 Shentler Kriz 2
New landfill and direction for Guelph waste man... (Jun '13) Sep '14 Who Me 3
Russellville City Council approves waste bid pr... Jul '14 StephDad 1
West Virginia Chemical Spill Sets Off a Waste... Jul '14 StephDad 1
Waste Management sets dates to pick up missed g... (Jul '12) Feb '14 jalaludinakbar 6
Waste Management lands Randolph County landfill... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jak Manson 1
Billerica lands new trash deal (Mar '13) Mar '13 marymoon 1

Waste Management People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE