Feds charge Winn-Dixie with selling undersized lobsters

Full story: Sun-Sentinel

Federal prosecutors charged Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. Thursday with illegally selling undersized spiny lobster.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
twa twa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2007

In response to the remarks made by dough boy and hope you get this message.Obviously you are an idiot. I work for for Publix and not in management. Publix takes excellent care of its customers AND its employees. Publix believes in family values therefore does not stay open to all hours of the night.Com panies like Winn-Dixie and Walfart stay open to profit from Publix having values and closing at a reasonable hour. Stores are clean and neat and unlike your precious Winn-Dixie. And for that matter the prices at Winn-Dixie are just a tad bit higher than Publix (I use that term loosely).Obviuosly you are either black or hispanic trying to cause another issue once again. ThankYOU
JIMMY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

WINN DIXIE CANNOT KEEP EMPLOYEES BECAUSE THE PAY RATE SCALE SUCKS. I WAS A PRODUCE ASSOCIATE AND I GOT DEMOTED TO STOCK ASSOCIATE WITH PAY CUT. I HEARD THEY CANNNOT CUT PAY RATES. ALL THE EMPLOYEES SHOULD GET A BONUS, ITS NOT FAIR ALL THE ASSOCIATES ARE WORKING THEIR ASS OFF. I AM 36 YR OLD NOT MAKING MY ENDS MEET
dope boy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

winn dixie is cool i work there
dope boy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

u r all mad
win1

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

I work for winn dixie for about 1 year know and my mother worked for them for 30 years. I know that winn dixie is putting 1.5 mill in to each of there stores. I work on the reset team cleaning the stores to make them better winn dixie has there down falls. But there still the best store to buy meat from. try to get a great steak from Publix or wal-mart good luck.
I also have got out of date stuff of the shelve.Talk to the store mrg. and ask him to train his stock crew. OUT OF DATE is the store mrg not doing his JOB
James

Florala, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

God what is the world coming to Winn Dixie selling undersized lobsters repent its the end of time. Oh what are we going to do.
Fadfs

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Yeah just ignore it and let them abuse the rules. Lets just overfish and destroy the oceans, keep all fish even if they are only 5 inches long .... doesn't matter according to the posts here.
WD employee

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

WD is the saddest company. I am not very impressed with the decisions made in the past (very tumultuous) 2 years. I have been in the work force for 32 years. One stint at a 3rd generation family owned company in Jax. Third generation is a tough threshold. The grandaddies would have died for their company. The wealthy sons tended to spoil most of their children. Their sons (most often, the girls married very well) were "groomed" to fill the shoes. It was not like the shoes were too big at all. In fact, some were microscopic. Some family members failed to make the annual meeting. The few that were trying desperately to keep the company going forward were outnumbered. The company was sold and some of my friends ended up financially healthy. Distractions are fatal sometimes. Getting family members to all look in the same direction is a phenomenal feat anytime. Can you imagine the dissension at a board meeting? Family empires crumble quickly. However, Publix is a different story! This privately-owned company was founded by George Jenkins. He had a mission that is still talked about. He and his brother and children have done a fabulous job keeping the continuity of the place "where shopping (truly is) a pleasure". I love that he said, "If I can't make it 6 days a week, I don't need to be open 7." Or something like that. They were the last retailer I know of that stayed closed on Sundays. It is still a privately-owned company. Many employees can retire in 10 or 15 years because of the stock they have to sell back to the company upon retirement. When I went to work at WD, I thought (as I am sure Peter Lynch thought), "Whatever happens in the next few years is going to be monumental." If Peter's "ingenuous" decisions (impacting the bottom line and my pay scale) work, it will be a home run. If not, he's a buffoon... Either way, the company I am working for will definitely be mentioned in the Wall Street Journal. I don't think I will wait. I realize they hired a few young (<50), educated, vets (not for dogs), often men of color. They needed the color desperately but they needed grocery/retail experience. There are unique concerns when you deal in groceries. Lower management could go away in some departments. As far a racial concerns, the "word" is, if you are black at the warehouse (managers too), you won't be fired. If you have been driving for 27 years and you roll into someone in a Winn Dixie truck, you will probably be fired. A new employee (< 90 day probationary period) is a "no call, no show" twice you can still to be a proud employee of Winn Dixie. This place is really whacked. Right now management is chasing dollars. I have told my manager and director I can show 5, possibly 6, ways we pour unproductive dollars down the road. Neither one of them has asked me to explain. Getting better all the time!

Pearls before swine.
Hisi after 9

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Yo voy a tener mi reloj fijo entonces. Yo no tenía conocimiento de esta norma. Por favor, perdonen todos nosotros población hispana por no saber que éramos sus compras sólo después de nueve!¿Por qué decimos cosas que son tan ignorantes o nos hacen mirar ignorantes. Sí que trabajan largas horas durante el día y tener en el empleo la mayoría de la gente no, pero hay blanco y negro de personas que hacen lo mismo.¿Por qué decimos que después de nueve tienda.¿De dónde sacas esa idea?

For you who are not Hispanic read below!

To Will:

I need to get my watch fixed then. I was not aware of this rule. Please forgive all of us hispanic population for not knowing that we were to shop after nine!
corporate greed

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Publix is far superior to any other market. All employees are very friendly and say hello to you. Stores are much cleaner and brighter than the others. Even the Publix brands they sell is just as good as the leading brand names. Very seldom do you wait in line. Hats off to Publix, you run a great company.
Wal-mart is at the extreme other end. Worst store there is. Sacrafice you make for cheap prices.(cheap merchandise)
jim 6233

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

i don't know why you guys gossipin about Winn Dixie/publix cause the only thing that's different about them is logo
jim 6233

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

oh this is for the dumy twa twa one you don't put two "for" one after one like that and the store name is walmart not Walfart i know you was not tryin to be funny and wat the fuck is loosely use the right terms and not to be funny
and last you sayin he black or spanish don't have nothing to do with anything cause he not the only one commenting about this matter like how the f$#ck he tryin to cause another issue dum f&ck...and think of a better name then twa twa next time. and no i'm not black or spanish if you thinking of race again.

Since: Apr 08

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

jim 6233 wrote:
i don't know why you guys gossipin about Winn Dixie/publix cause the only thing that's different about them is logo
Maybe in the Miami area. There is a vast difference between a shopping experience in Publix and Winn Dixie. Hey, check out the batherooms. I dispise the fact the slogan admits we were horrible, "Gettin' Better All the Time!"
I think this was just not smart. I go where i know the will consistantly have the products I buy. If they are out they can tell me when it will be coming in. They order things for me from companies they didn't know about. I have neve had a good experience in a Winn Dixie. The carts are rusted and crippled. Employees walk by you like they could care less whether you are in their store. I really beleived and had hope for the grocery chain. Winn Dixie aponsored a weekend discount program for employees. Many of us at the warehouse work Saturdays and Sunday. Our payroll is messed up many, many weeks. There are some messes that never get entirely corrected. Sometimes this takes weeks. There are also times we are overpaid. What a mess! I will always go "where shopping is a pleasure!"
Current associate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

JIMMY wrote:
WINN DIXIE CANNOT KEEP EMPLOYEES BECAUSE THE PAY RATE SCALE SUCKS. I WAS A PRODUCE ASSOCIATE AND I GOT DEMOTED TO STOCK ASSOCIATE WITH PAY CUT. I HEARD THEY CANNNOT CUT PAY RATES. ALL THE EMPLOYEES SHOULD GET A BONUS, ITS NOT FAIR ALL THE ASSOCIATES ARE WORKING THEIR ASS OFF. I AM 36 YR OLD NOT MAKING MY ENDS MEET
I agree I am a current associate and they treat employees like garbage. Rather than follow "good management tactics" store directors get in people's faces, scream at them, tell them to shut up and worse. I have seen people I work with brought to tears because of management, I have also seen people who have had to see psychologists because of the stress this company brings on people. They find quality help in the store and they destroy that help. They have given two department managers hearts attacks due to the constant stress.
Current associate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

armac wrote:
I worked for WD for 15 years, a lot in management. The day I left WD was the smartest move I have ever made, I wish I had done it 14 years earlier.
That is from experience..........WD sucks
I wish I could get out now. most of the bottom employees are good but once you get above 2 levels of management in the store it goes downhill fast. You have managers with absoultely no managing skills, this truly makes sound business sense. I have seen as I posted before managers screaming at people - ON THE SALES FLOOR IN FULL VIEW (AND HEARING) OF CUSTOMERS!!!! I have seen employees brought to tears because management was so nasty to them. I have seen employees who have been so stressed by managers that they have had heart attacks!!!!
Winn-Dixie Stinks

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

i agree this store stinks in every way. and they do treat there employee's like garbage and the management stinks bad like a dirty diaper bin and they are much to Young This company runs through workers like Castor oil goes through an old maid. Never go there they treat employee' s badly and managment places blame on employee's when they forget things them selves.
Winn-Dixie Wreaks HAha

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Hahahahahahahah Winn-Dixie wreaks I am laughing at anyone that likes Winn-Dixie hahahahahahahahahah
look at costumer poles publix is just better with everything There is no question about it i mean look publix has more stores opening and Winn-Dixie is barley making money every wd averages 1.5 million there are publix bakery's at select stores that make almost as much as a Winn-Dixie is worth I think that says it all.
done with winn dixie

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Its bad enough that the prices are crazy over priced. You have to be stupid to go there for the fuel perks and 2 for 1 is a joke.. BUT NOW, since the crap is SO overprice and doesnt sell, you end up with slimey lunch meet, cans of spagettios that were made during the cold war, and bags of crab legs that havent moved in 2 months. Walmart SUCKS, but at least they rotate their food. Please close your doors Callaway Winn Dixie...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winn Dixie Stores Discussions

Search the Winn Dixie Stores Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Winn-Dixie parent company to give $415M Dec '13 not impressed 1
Grocery stores freshen up in Central Florida (Jun '08) Aug '13 Woodlands Waterway 25
Bad food (Jul '13) Jul '13 Margie Eaton 1
Local News - Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Again... (Jan '08) Oct '12 Run from Jax 113
Will Winn Dixie make it? (May '10) Oct '12 George 6
Winn-Dixie Offers Flu Vaccinations Beginning Se... (Sep '10) Aug '12 HumanSpirit 5
Winn-Dixie buyout: How it happened (Jan '12) Jan '12 rowill 1
•••
•••
•••
•••