Winn-Dixie to close Pompano Beach war...

Winn-Dixie to close Pompano Beach warehouse

There are 3 comments on the Bradenton Herald story from Mar 29, 2006, titled Winn-Dixie to close Pompano Beach warehouse. In it, Bradenton Herald reports that:

Bankrupt supermarket chain Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. said Wednesday it plans to sell its Pompano Beach warehouse as it struggles to try to emerge from bankruptcy this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bradenton Herald.

Jenifer Walton

Deerfield Beach, FL

#1 Mar 29, 2006
Winn Dixie has promoted itself as giving great customer service! I have not seen any change in the way they do business, they still don't have everything you go to buy, the fruit always looks tacky, the grapes are always sticky to touch and I tried to get a msall piece of prime rib? after waiting for at least 8 minutes for the butcher to appear, was told the smallest peice they sell is $50.00 for one?? don't think so.
Several years ago I bought the winn Dixie brand of instant oatmeal, only to find that two of the packets inside were totally empty, I actually wrote to the company at the address on the box, absolutely no response.
So am not surprised they are having problems, I never go there now, unless I need money orders.
SKey Lauderdale Fl

Hialeah, FL

#2 Jun 5, 2008
I really like Winn Dixie I will truely hate to see all the stores close for a single person like me I can fine the right size portion of meat with only 3 pices for such a low price not liKE PUBLIX where you have to buy family packs of meat at a HIGH price when you only need a small portion.
LOUIE JUDD

United States

#3 Jun 17, 2008
SKey Lauderdale Fl wrote:
I really like Winn Dixie I will truely hate to see all the stores close for a single person like me I can fine the right size portion of meat with only 3 pices for such a low price not liKE PUBLIX where you have to buy family packs of meat at a HIGH price when you only need a small portion.
this story is two years old and they are still in business and out of bankruptcy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winn Dixie Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds charge Winn-Dixie with selling undersized ... (Apr '06) May '17 Mango 60
same old same old (Jan '07) May '17 Mango 6
News Winn-Dixie parent company to give $415M (Dec '13) Dec '13 not impressed 1
News Grocery stores freshen up in Central Florida (Jun '08) Aug '13 Woodlands Waterway 25
Bad food (Jul '13) Jul '13 Margie Eaton 1
News Local News - Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Again... (Jan '08) Oct '12 Run from Jax 113
Will Winn Dixie make it? (May '10) Oct '12 George 6
More from around the web