need information about lompoc federal...
lori

Salt Lake City, UT

#42 Dec 31, 2008
How is your husband doing? I just found your post. My son may be going there for identity theft and bank fraud. We don't know for sure yet. How does he like it?
You can email me at [email protected]
lori

Salt Lake City, UT

#43 Dec 31, 2008
Did your son ever go to Federal prison? My son has been in Weber County Jail for 6 months. He might get out between plea and sentencing to go to drug counseling, work, and school. His lawyer wants to delay sentencing to show that he can do well on the outside. But if all fails, he will end up in minimum sec somewhere.
IIHL

AOL

#44 Jan 11, 2009
my friend is at lampoc he is on a wheel chair
how bad do you think he has ir his name is kelvin
big daddy

Portland, OR

#45 Jan 21, 2009
Evania wrote:
My husband just surrender today to the Lompoc prison,i am very scared,he's never been in prison before.Anyone can tell me ,how they treat new inmates,i am desperate to know about him. Anyone know when can he start writing to me?,i miss him a lot.
I would really appreciate all the info i can get.
Thanks in Advance.
uu wont recognize him when he returns lol
Dee

Chino Hills, CA

#47 Apr 20, 2009
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
I pick up about 25 inmates from the prison everyday. They work on the Vandenberg AFB and I am one of the Crew supervisors. What is your husbands name?. Maibe I can get him a message.
Do you still pick up inmates?
jay

Buena Park, CA

#48 May 14, 2009
James wrote:
<quoted text>well tell your husband to quit being a criminal. If I were you I would divorce him. That is what a smart woman would do.
Very well said. You sound like a prison guard, probably of some ranking. You might also have pointed out that this new racial dynamic in the federal prison system, particularly at USP Lompoc, is a relatively new phenomenon. With the last decade or so of increased and sustained federal criminal prosecution - targeting all type of street thug and the rest of the bum element - the BOP population has increased 1000% since the days of the typically polished, professional and civilized outlaw who roamed the corridor of USP Lompoc. In those days it was an honor. Nowadays I would be ashamed. Again, your post was accurate and informative. And again, I insist that you are a prison staff member, of some import I suspect.
Peace.
jay

Buena Park, CA

#49 May 14, 2009
my previous post was in response to Spartacus and his discription of usp lompoc
jay

Buena Park, CA

#50 May 14, 2009
Very well said. You sound like a prison guard, probably of some ranking. You might also have pointed out that this new racial dynamic in the federal prison system, particularly at USP Lompoc, is a relatively new phenomenon. With the last decade or so of increased and sustained federal criminal prosecution targeting all type of street thug and the rest of the bum element, the BOP population has increased 1000%. The days of the typically polished, professional and civilized outlaw who roamed the corridor of USP Lompoc are long gone. Back then it was an honor. Nowadays I would be ashamed. Again, your post was accurate and informative. And again, I insist that you are a prison staff member, of some import I suspect But that's neither here nor there.
Peace.
jay

Buena Park, CA

#51 May 14, 2009
there are not many child molesters in federal prison. if they are, it's by proxy, or interstate sex crimes. feds usually turn that kinda garbage and human sewage over for state prosecution. the federal prison system still has a little class.
marcos vazquez salinas

Mexico, Mexico

#52 Jun 17, 2009
yo marcos vazquez salinas sali de lompoc federal prison en julio del 2008 fui depĆ³rtado
y perdi todos mis documentos en el transcurso de mi deportacion y deseo comunicarme con unos buenos amigos que ise durante mi estancia de 48 meses si alguien me puede comunicar con ellos se los agradesre yo estube y continuo estudiando con los testgos de jehova y mi buen amigo se yama arturo garcia, muzzy murphy indio nativo.yjose luis rodrigez el puma erick rodrigfes ellos travajan en el departamento de unicor porfavo si alguno de los que visitan esta pajina aserme el favode darles mi direccion yo me encuentro en el estado de gerrero en arceli.pueden ablarme al sero sero uno siete treintaidos tres sesentaicuatro tresecuarentaysiete.y mi correo electronico es [email protected] o [email protected]
pleas help me to get intch with my good friends ok
Ellen

United States

#53 Jun 17, 2009
shelly s wrote:
<quoted text>Evania, my husband also just arrived at Lompoc 2 months ago and let me tell u that I have been there 3 times to visit already and it is the most beautiful prison I have ever seen. The staff is very nice, you can smell the beach, they are rarely behind bars, they have alot of freedon there and my husband said everybody is really friendly to him there. Basically it is like a college campus. As a matter of a fact, they dont even search your pockets when you go for visits! If I ever had to choose a prison it would be lompoc. Hope this helps. Shelly
Shelly, Thank you so much for this information. My brother will be surrendering to Lompoc FCI in a few days and I have been so worried as I have never known anyone in prison. Your report was very comforting.
sister

Walnut Creek, CA

#54 Jun 18, 2009
My brother surrendered to Lompoc on 6/12, and we havn't heared from him yet. Can any one tell me how long does it took before he can make his first phone call?
sue

Los Angeles, CA

#57 Jul 20, 2009
I am a TV Producer looking for prison wives to document for a potential series. A few years ago, a dear friend of mine was released from a prison after serving a 10 year sentence. We corresponded the entire time, and I am so fascinated by how wives cope with this situation. If interested, please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you and God bless.
teetee

Clovis, CA

#58 Jul 22, 2009
im soooooo frustrated!!! i been writing my boy but through his fam he's tellin me he hasn't recieved any letters from me. y u think that is? is there restrictions on who can write an inmate or do i gotta be on an approved list to write?
Spartacus

Portland, OR

#59 Sep 13, 2009
teetee wrote:
im soooooo frustrated!!! i been writing my boy but through his fam he's tellin me he hasn't recieved any letters from me. y u think that is? is there restrictions on who can write an inmate or do i gotta be on an approved list to write?
Lompoc has one of the worst mail handling records in the federal system. Their mail sorting is badly understaffed, and when they do have extra personnel available, they primarily occupy themselves with searching and censoring the mail.

They also get very vindictive and will occasionally just destroy mail rather than give it to the inmate, although the destroyed mail will usually be magazines and newspapers. Legal mail usually gets through, and family mail gets through, especially if they have open investigations on family members and want to keep potentially incriminating communication flowing.

You don't have to be on any sort of approved list to write to an inmate, but make sure every I is dotted and every T crossed on the address. If any part of it is wrong, they destroy it. Inmate number out of sequence, wrong abbreviation or name of the facility not fully spelled out, and the item will be destroyed.

While the official phone restriction rules are pretty clearly spelled out, another way they get vindictive is to simply "lose" the approval requests when an inmate asks to have numbers put on his approved list. They will not say why, they will not acknowledge anything, they just shitcan the request and never say another word about it.
Spartacus

Portland, OR

#60 Sep 13, 2009
sister wrote:
My brother surrendered to Lompoc on 6/12, and we havn't heared from him yet. Can any one tell me how long does it took before he can make his first phone call?
He should be able to make phone calls between 2 weeks and 30 days, but they also have a program where new inmates go straight to the SHU (hole) for 30 days of "evaluation" and then the 2 weeks to 30 days of processing time for a phone list approval starts after that.

Thing is during the "evauation" in the SHU, the inmate is often mistreated as the guards get a feel for how far they can push the inmate, and if the inmate reacts or makes a problem, then they get more hole time, hence, it could be a couple months before he gets a phone call out.

You should be getting letters, and it should not be overly difficult for someone to get a message through a mutual contact. They also do quite often approve visits for SHU inmates, especially if they were administratively placed in the SHU and are not doing punishment time.
joben

Sun City, CA

#61 Oct 1, 2009
had a buddy get sentensed there in March (22 months). been up to visit him about 8 times. all in all seems like a pretty chill place (FARM). he said the food is shite and likes to get his grub from the commensary. He spent a few hours in the MAX security before going over to the FARM. living area - two gyms with about 150 guys in each - double bunks for sleeping. depending on the 'job' they give you, you can be on site or off. off site work might include 're routing' a river. on site work might include cleaning bathrooms, sweeping etc etc. large jogging/walking track goes around the volleyball courts, weight lifting section and softball fiels. never seen anyone playing softball. volleyball, yes and lifting, of course. visitation is very chill. face to face, no 'behind the glass' deal like in the movies. inmates cannot hold cash while you're there. be sure to take lots of $1 bills for the vending machines. guards seem pretty chill as well, although i wouldn't want to piss them off and give them a reason to take it out on the inmate. the common rule of thumb up there (FARM) is to stay out of trouble or things that might get you into trouble. my buddy went up there in ok shape. he's lost +50 lbs in 6 months. he's got about another year or so to do. LOMPOC is about 40 min north of Santa Barbara, Ca (for those of you who are asking or would like to know). getting letters is like getting xmas presents up there and visits are even better. if you can't visit, send a letter. but...if you can get up there on a weekend, the inmate will be stoked - i'm sure. IF they want to you YOU.:)

hope that helps.
richard

Medford, MA

#62 Oct 2, 2009
Ann wrote:
Evania,
Do you know what part of Lompoc your husband will be at?? My husband was there, just recently released in Feb 2007. He was at the camp. Unfortunately I'm not familiar w/the other facilities. I know that once my husband first arrived there....it took him approx a week to two weeks before he could call me. He actually had a guy there that he made friends with have his wife call me to let me know he was okay. For visitation there is a form that he has to mail you and you have to fill out and mail back and approved before you can visit unless this was already arranged with pre-trial services. Visitation is on the weekends usually from 8:30 am to 3pm. If you go on the BOP website....you can get the address and his # so you can start writing him. I hope this helps.
<quoted text>
Ann,
Could you/your husband tell me what the daily routine was in the prison camp since that's where he was? Did they have any activitis such as sports, crafts, or education courses to the inmates?
Bummer for you

San Diego, CA

#63 Oct 3, 2009
LOL he's in for a fun time. You do the crime you do the time. My Brother works out there and he is not gonn ahave "easy time". They call it "The New Rock"
Mike

Hillsboro, OR

#64 Oct 23, 2009
Mind your business, do your time, stay clean. Don't get involved in deals with other inmates. Be strong, stand up for yourself. Be firm but fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Federal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diet drug rejected over risk of suicidal thoughts (Jun '07) Jan '14 Lusa 3
court fees (May '12) May '12 Virgie 1
News Chantix, Anti-Smoking Drug, Not Tied To Risk Of... (Oct '11) Oct '11 AntisRScum 3
News Ex-Goldman director charged with insider trading (Mar '11) Mar '11 j gordon 1
News Feds won't deport arrested O.C. illegal immigrant (Jul '10) Jul '10 Fed Up Vet 15
News Feds won't deport arrested O.C. illegal immigrant (Jul '10) Jul '10 2010 new congress 10
News Toyota facing federal investigations (Mar '10) Mar '10 sophia brown derb... 1
More from around the web