Americans Choosing Herbal Remedies Over Prescriptions to Save M...

Economic concerns are prompting more Americans to replace expensive prescription drugs with cheaper herbal supplements, but are they safe for kids? Herbal Remedies Gain Appeal Many Americans are changing their ... Full Story
Daddydoctor

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jan 18, 2009
As a dad and a doctor, I find children’s cough and cold medications a very scary topic. I used believe the drug companies, and think that as long as my patient’s or I dosed the children’s cold & cough medications right, then everything would be OK. But when I researched this further, it turns out that children have died from “over dose” of ALL THE MAJOR CHILDRENS COLD AND COUGH MEDICINES even when given the correct dose.
The number of infant deaths attributed to cold and cough medicines is dramatically underreported. New research published in the Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics demonstrated that there were at least “10 unexpected infant deaths that were associated with cold-medication” in 2006 alone in the state of Arizona. Extrapolated over the US and Canadian population, that would be over 500 deaths a year associated with cold-medication!( http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/con... )
The FDA recently said that they do not want to pull the medications for children under 6 because they are afraid that parents will give children adult doses because “parents would have no other alternatives.” The truth is that the American Academy of Pediatrics has said that buckwheat honey is a safe alternative.
Parents now have a safe, effective, yet natural choice for their children. Recent research from Penn State showed 100% pure Buckwheat Honey out performed children’s cough and cold medicine for children’s nighttime cough.
Buckwheat Honey is considered safe for children 1 and older, so it is the perfect choice for conscientious parents and doctors. Currently,“Honey Don’t Cough” is the only company packaging 100% pure Buckwheat Honey in ready-to-use packets for children. A growing number of pharmacies are providing “Honey don’t Cough,” it is available on Amazon.com . To learn more you can visit Check out honeydontcough.com

-Daddydoctor
Joy

New York, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2009
Honey is pretty effective as a cough suppressant for kids. Plus it has the side benefit of not tasting like NyQuil.
David

New York, NY

#3 Mar 24, 2009
Medicinal Marijuana for all!! YES.
Janet

Oregon City, OR

#4 Mar 24, 2009
Herbal supplements can be just as powerful as prescription drugs and have their own side effects to contend with.
Maureen

Linden, NJ

#5 Mar 24, 2009
Honey might be a good cough suppressant, but infants under one year old are not supposed to have it because of botulism risk.

And I agree, Daddydoctor, cough medicine use in children and babies is scary.
thereeds44

Ridgeland, MS

#6 Mar 24, 2009
We have also switched to natural products for some of our health concerns. My doctor has taken me off my cholesterol medicine because of how ell the natural remedies work. www.ItMakesLifeBetter.com

flyingmoon

Athens, TX

#7 Mar 25, 2009
I was a very sick woman a few years ago and took 11 pharmaceuticals every day. It was a therapy that barely managed my pain, which the doctors could not fully diagnose. Five years ago I started taking herbal supplements and was able to eliminate all 11 perscription medications. Now I do not touch pharamceuticals at all and my pain management is excellent. So to all the doctors who believe they are only placebos should re-evaluate their assesment. Besides, most pharmaceuticals are developed from plants (herbals)so they could not possibly be placebos. Try again Big Pharma.
Rich

Jackson Center, PA

#8 Mar 25, 2009
you have to do your own research for herb use. personally, i think herbal use is a good preventative tool, but post-facto disease diagnosis is quite a different story. goldieshouse.piczo.com
Kevin

New York, NY

#9 Mar 25, 2009
Whenever I go to the doctor, they get all script happy and hand me half a dozen prescriptions. They just want to be invited to dinner by the sales rep. I ask a lot of questions, then research each drug on the Internet, and then decide myself which ones I will take. I have seen many, many people get much better when taken off prescription drugs.
Regina

New York, NY

#11 Mar 29, 2009
I had no idea so many kids died from accidental overdoses of cough drops... but it makes sense. Dimetapp tastes so good. I always wanted more.
inimranzie1988

Manchester, UK

#12 Nov 15, 2011
I read about a website called http://mygenf20plusreviews.com it looks great what do you think for coupons

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whole Foods Market Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakville Museum Hosts Emancipation Day Family P... Aug '14 today in Halton 1
Whole Foods debuts in downtown Novato (Apr '10) May '14 Go Blue Forever 253
Sign a petition to change WF ATTENDANCE POLICY Apr '14 Insighten 1
Southwest Exposure: Texas festival is as much f... Mar '14 Steve 2
Caviar emptor: Herring omega-3 gains UK debut (Feb '14) Feb '14 Alexandra Pisani 2
Analyst Downgrades: J.C. Penney Company, Inc., ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jiffy Jeff 1
Canyon Bakehouse expands distribution to Target... (Dec '13) Dec '13 No GMOs 1
•••

Whole Foods Market People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••