City, market try to negotiate comprom...

City, market try to negotiate compromise on site plan

There are 7 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from May 5, 2010, titled City, market try to negotiate compromise on site plan. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

Members of the Upper Arlington Board of Zoning and Planning told representatives of Whole Foods Market that the store needs to work within the city of Upper Arlington's zoning laws as they continue renovation plans at the Lane Avenue location.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 May 6, 2010
Whole foods just move, I will shop at your store if it is in Columbus, Grandview, or whereever. Don't put up with losers on UA zoning board.
UA Resident

United States

#2 May 6, 2010
They better figure this out because I love the convenience of Whole Foods being on Lane.
The fact that I can just run in to get great food helps my family have a better, more healthy lifestyle. I know what the UA Council is going for, but is it worth losing the store? If it looks anything like the store on 161 it will be fantastic.

Columbus, OH

#3 May 6, 2010
I see both sides. In the end, I'm sure they'll work it out and both sides will be happy.

Columbus, OH

#4 May 6, 2010
Entrance in the back? Sitting back from the other shops on Lane? C'mon, Whole Foods, you're not going to get acres of parking in front in a giant stip mall like in Dublin. There is a concerted effort to increase the density of commerical areas in UA--this is certainly worthwhile, and would seem to fit in with the image the Whole Foods woud like to project.
crabby SOB

Columbus, OH

#5 May 6, 2010
whole foods is being exposed for the pig it is..........

"It's my property"

so I can dow WHATEVER I want, right..........

oink oink..........

I never trusted the place, never liked it, won't shop there..........and I live a block away..........

United States

#6 May 9, 2010

United States

#7 May 10, 2010
there's nothing like having a Whole Foods nearby - if UA opts out too bad for the healthy conscience residents - seems the commission is poking around for dollars - I hope WF's doesn't cave - the current store is not a great money maker (the new one will be and deliver tax dollars to UA) - being one of about 200 communities in the country that has a WF would be a feather in the UA hat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whole Foods Market Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America Loves Muslim Food. So Much for a Clash ... Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 12
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... Aug '16 Scotty Steiner 15
News Here's the best reason of all to drink organic ... Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1
News Feds: Whole Foods can't trademark 'world's heal... Jul '16 bill gatez 1
Whole Foods Layoffs Jul '16 Bob 1
News Pastor Who Accused Whole Foods of Slur on Cake ... May '16 lavon affair 2
News Man apologizes, withdraws Whole Foods gay slur ... May '16 Three Days 2
More from around the web