Businesses champion concept of 'consc...

Businesses champion concept of 'conscious capitalism' over profit

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 21, 2010, titled Businesses champion concept of 'conscious capitalism' over profit. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Whole Foods stores, such as this one in Dallas, Texas, operate under the idea that the customer comes first - a policy contrary to capitalism's profit-first mentality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Pat Ballasch

Cleveland, OH

#1 Aug 21, 2010
Nice philosophy. Providing a service & being respectful to everyone involved at all levels. You might think that would be a no brainer. I would guess there's a stack of people that prefer some of the old models: Burn um and turn um (common retail & sports model) Resume beatings till moral improves. Work um like a rented mule. Drive um em like a rental car.
And some of these people think they're good Christians. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Reminds me of the old definition of a hypocrite: Someone who's not themselves on Sunday. Ba Dump bump (cymbal crash)
Love the story Pat
bluedusky

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2010
Maybe the "friendly and Supportive" business climate in Texas has something to do with business philosophy that is innovative and customer fucused. I don't see anyone wanting start up operations in the antibusiness climate of Ohio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whole Foods Market Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whole Foods Market prepared foods beware Oct 9 Michael 1
Bagged Avocados are full of brown spots Oct 9 Michael 1
News Now at Whole Foods: Cheaper milk, 'farm fresh' ... Sep '17 a_visitor 5
News That chicken from Whole Foods isn't so special ... Aug '17 hier is a liar 1
News Man apologizes, withdraws Whole Foods gay slur ... (May '16) May '17 Mcguillacutty 3
News America Loves Muslim Food. So Much for a Clash ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 11
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... (Jun '16) Aug '16 Scotty Steiner 15
More from around the web