Rick Roberts Warrior Foundation Radiothon - NOW

Dec 9, 2011 Full story: KFMB-am 31

Rick Roberts Warrior Foundation Radiothon. We are asking for your donation to send our wounded warriors home for the holidays.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GeorgeA

Chula Vista, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2012
I am a retired 30 year Navy Man. I have supported Rick's Warrior Foundation since he started it in San Diego. I don't know if I could support a foundation with this name any longer without knowing what happened to Rick. I will still support our troops up at Balboa but just wish that Rick would reveal what's happening unless his contract precludes that, which I don't believe for a minute. The station probably didn't want to pay him what he was worth and got someone cheaper by way of Roger Sledgecock.
Jerree

El Cajon, CA

#2 Jan 6, 2012
WTH happened to Rick?!?!?! It's as if he never existed. What's all the secrecy about???? If it weren't for Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, I'd boycott KFMB entirely. Slader has no fight or moxey at all and neither does Hedgecock. All the local hosts are sackless. I didn't ALWAYS agree with Rick but at least he had some FIRE in him. Instead of taking a sleeping pill, listen to a Podcast of Slader or Hedgecock. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz........
Jerree

El Cajon, CA

#3 Jan 6, 2012
AND FURTHERMORE...Did the Feds have something to do with this?????
Joe

Poway, CA

#4 Jan 7, 2012
Jerree wrote:
WTH happened to Rick?!?!?! It's as if he never existed. What's all the secrecy about???? If it weren't for Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, I'd boycott KFMB entirely. Slader has no fight or moxey at all and neither does Hedgecock. All the local hosts are sackless. I didn't ALWAYS agree with Rick but at least he had some FIRE in him. Instead of taking a sleeping pill, listen to a Podcast of Slader or Hedgecock. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz........
Too bad Rick, was the best KFMB had. I wont listen to KFMB any more and will spread the word to others to do the same. I guess the Gestapo came knocking on his door in the middle of the night for telling the truth
Donna

San Diego, CA

#5 Jan 9, 2012
I don't understand what happened to Rick. I have been trying to find him on the radio but I guess he is not on KFMB anymore. I like Roger but I just wish I knew where to find Rick on the radio. I hate when this happens. Rick is the best in talk radio. I hope he returns to radio somewhere. Maybe he is going to run for president as a "Third" party. That would be awesome.
Rrfan

Kailua Kona, HI

#6 Jan 13, 2012
What happened to Rick? I am afraid of falling asleep while I am driving. RH is booooooring! I want to listen to someone with passion. I guess I will start listening to music until Rick comes back on another station.
Rrfan

Kailua Kona, HI

#7 Jan 13, 2012
KFMB not worth listening to any more!
Uncommon sense

Poway, CA

#8 Jan 24, 2012
Rick was not PC and was outspoken. He had many years of wisdom behind him. He had passion and a heart. That was what made him a great talkshow host. He will be missed.

Talk radio and the media in general are going through budget induced staff cuts. KOGO let Hedgecock go - his faltering nationallyl syndicated show was paying his bills there anyway - so he won' last long at KFMB - too costly.

Slater KFMB's low-cost AM leadoff for the last year is a young buck with little life experience and even lless to say to say. Smart KFMB mgmt move would have been to retain ratings and restore Rick to the AM slot and graciously wirsh young Slater the best. Sadly Slater and Roger bring nothing to KFMB's limeup. So best to turn the dial to another station. Good bye KFMB - you could have been great.

Rick where ever you are - we wish you the best sir. You were the greatest. God bless our troops.
Gene

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Feb 8, 2012
I definitely liked Rick Roberts more than Hedgecock, even if I did agree with all his opinions! Slater is a thinker whom make you think!
Also, wish Savage was back in the 3:00 slot, like the old days! Wake up KFMB.
Steven

San Diego, CA

#10 Feb 16, 2012
AS with many others asking this same question, What happened to Rick Roberts did he speak the truth to much for your station? True leaders in our military,business and government are not PC as Rick is and if he lost to your station so am I a 10 year listener. I'm a ret. US Navy vet 24 yr. career and a San Diego businessman for over 35 yrs. God Bless you Rick.
Rob

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2012
With Rick Roberts gone from KFMB, I only listen to the overnight syndicated shows. Slater? Really? WOW! Hedgecock is boring and soft. Oh well, I will listen to something else I guess. Good luck with your small market talent! Former listener!
mike hayward

San Diego, CA

#12 Mar 11, 2012
kfmb HAD a great lineup. slater is a fast talking ad disclaimer guy, no substitute for rick roberts, the BEST morning guy ever, now ricks gone, savage is supposedly on at 11 pm, who listens to the radio at 11pm? i wish the best for rick roberts, nobody did more to help out the community and help the troups , i hope rick is back on the air soon, you morons at kfmb are screwing yourselves putting lackluster talent like hedgecock, and slater, in place of top notch guys like savage and roberts. you must have had a management change at kfmb and the new people are liberals, they got rid of the two guys that made 760 good, your off my presets in my car, good job idiots!
charlie

Princeton, KY

#13 Mar 16, 2012
Have not been able to find anything on RR leaving kfmb, nor any trace of his whereabouts on the internet, not even an archive of his last shows.

Has anyone found out anything at all?
Where did Rick Roberts go

Rosarito, Mexico

#14 Mar 21, 2012
This is the most bizarre circumstance I have ever encountered on the internet. I have listened to RR for years he was one of the first outspoken radio hosts in SD. Now he has completely vanished? It is virtually impossible to vanish off the net, he may have made some serious enemies and decided to disappear and how he did that I would like tio learn as well but if you are out there Rick there are many people in San Diego that miss you and hope you are well.
San Diegan

San Diego, CA

#15 May 5, 2012
Wounded Warrior (Rick Roberts) Missing in Action.

Ok... so it's been a few months that Rick Roberts is MIA.

Where is he????
Maximus Gringo

Valenša, Brazil

#16 May 16, 2012
I have done several searches for Rick but came up with zero! Any new news on this from anyone?
Sal o

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jun 10, 2012
I listened to Rick for years iam guy and really learned alot from Rick I was pissed I found out he was leaving then I turned on the radio and headed some dude that dosent even have a good radio voice I was pissed and hurt at the same time Rick was like a uncle to me I called the Slater show and said u guys need to go where is Rick and moving savage to exactly like the last guy said who listens to the radio that late unless u work nights well needless to say I haven't listened to 760 since im sure they lost allot of us RICK FANS bad move 760 atleast put savage on 3 to 6 i'm sure you'll get some ratings back....where is Waldo I mean Rick haha!! But seriously whether is he
Sal o

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jun 10, 2012
Where is Rick Slater is no comparison at all i'm a young guy and learned allot from Rick if it wasn't for him I'd probably b a libb I was pissed when I turned on the radio the first weekday of 2011 and heard some other cat on I actually called the Slater show and ask for Rick and told them they needed to get off the air i'm sure they had allot of that then they move savage to what the hell is there prob r they trying to lose ratings or what bring back Rick or atleast put savage on 3to6 again plz I haven't listened to 760 since what a stupid idiotic moronic thing to do wow really where is Rick
, Christine and David.... A shot out to tom bob and Shawn miss u dudes to they where like part of the show....
Sal o

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jun 12, 2012
Whoever got rid of Rick is a... moron wrapped in a idiot!!! Put him back on
Chuck

San Diego, CA

#20 Jul 5, 2012
I have checked every lead I have but have been unable to locate Rick Roberts Maybe he was obducted by Ilegall Alians

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wireless Facilities Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cell Phones' TV-Viewing Future Arrives Now (Apr '08) Apr '08 jtm 4
Report: Coors Amphitheater Getting New Name (Apr '08) Apr '08 Mike 2
•••

Wireless Facilities People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••