Wendy's adds strawberry, 2 other new ...

Wendy's adds strawberry, 2 other new Frosty shakes

There are 50 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 21, 2008, titled Wendy's adds strawberry, 2 other new Frosty shakes. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

DUBLIN, Ohio: Wendy's International Inc. is creating new flavors in a sippable version of its Frosty milkshake, which for years was served only in chocolate and only with a spoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ryan

Akron, OH

#1 May 21, 2008
This is news? Sounds more like free advertising to me. Someone at Wendy's marketing is pretty smart.
Whos Free

United States

#2 May 21, 2008
A couple of more flavors to fatten the nation up just a little bit more. They take away McD's supersizing because people that can make their own decisions were getting larger but blaming McD's. Seems to me that Wendy's is asking for the same deal....get sued because some fata.s.s needs their Strawberry Frosty but will cry and sue because they gained another 100lbs.
UGH

Akron, OH

#3 May 21, 2008
If I wanted a shake I'd go somewhere that served shakes. Keep the frosty the same thickness, that is the appeal.
Alan

Akron, OH

#4 May 21, 2008
Even though I have stopped eating at the fast food chains, they'd have a better chance of getting me back if they'd change their ads back to the guys wears the red pigtails. LOL!

One of the best ad campaigns I've seen recently.
Yum

Hudson, OH

#5 May 21, 2008
They should also mix the vanilla bean with strawberry!
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#6 May 21, 2008
and Wendy's customers add a big fat a$$
Ahau Kin

Maumelle, AR

#7 May 21, 2008
Wendy's food is pretty gross. About the only reliably good offering is the chili----- but just ask anyone who's ever worked there what they put in it and you might get turned off.
86 Grump

Strongsville, OH

#8 May 21, 2008
Ok, no more dilly bars for Grump, its back to the Springfield Wendy's with Betamax and Applejack.
bill

United States

#9 May 21, 2008
Newsflash- Old people complain about new item at Wendys.

Since: Mar 07

Danville, CA

#10 May 21, 2008
bill wrote:
Newsflash- Old people complain about new item at Wendys.
Old people complain about anything that represents change.

That's the main problem with Ohio, because they're the ones in control of the state. They have been for the last 40-50 years.

Since: Feb 08

Wooster

#11 May 21, 2008
Whos Free wrote:
A couple of more flavors to fatten the nation up just a little bit more. They take away McD's supersizing because people that can make their own decisions were getting larger but blaming McD's. Seems to me that Wendy's is asking for the same deal....get sued because some fata.s.s needs their Strawberry Frosty but will cry and sue because they gained another 100lbs.
Wish I could sue stupid people for wasting my time and killing brain cells......
La Mer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#12 May 21, 2008
rootvg wrote:
<quoted text>
Old people complain about anything that represents change.
That's the main problem with Ohio, because they're the ones in control of the state. They have been for the last 40-50 years.
The old people have done more in their lifetimes to bring about change than the young people have.
They needed a lot of courage to confront the world 60-70 years ago.
La Mer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#13 May 21, 2008
Let me know when Wendy's has a mango frosty.
whatev

Louisville, OH

#14 May 21, 2008
Ryan wrote:
This is news? Sounds more like free advertising to me. Someone at Wendy's marketing is pretty smart.
My thoughts exactly. Are they going to report when McDonalds adds a new variety of Snack Wrap???
whatev

Louisville, OH

#15 May 21, 2008
I learned in home ec class in junior high that a frosty actually contains no milk and the main ingredient is pure lard. i stopped ordering them after that.
Pureleaf

United States

#16 May 21, 2008
Hey, I wonder if I can get a pack of smokes there too? I need a cut and color as well, and my tree in my front yard is dieing. I was late for an appointment today. Are you asking yourself, "WTF is this person talking about?" Yeah me too. WHO CARES ABOUT WENDY'S effing shakes! If they come with a free tank of gas... THEN let me know!

“Work hard and it is yours”

Since: Jun 07

Akron, Ohio

#17 May 21, 2008
whatev wrote:
I learned in home ec class in junior high that a frosty actually contains no milk and the main ingredient is pure lard. i stopped ordering them after that.
Dang.. that is startling. You just convinced me, and I am not even going to check.
Jason

Amherst, OH

#18 May 21, 2008
1. The Frosty contains milk and not lard. Check out Wendy's website.

2. This is a bad move that they'll reverse in five years with great fanfare. The Frosty is one of Wendy's most recognizable products. Poor marketing move if you ask me. Disclosure: under 30 years old. No old curmudeon factor driving my opinion. But don't let that stop out-of-staters from making nonsensical slams on Ohio. Hey Danville guy, your house called, it wants it's home equity back.
duke wagner

Cardington, OH

#19 May 21, 2008
yeah, the beacon must be hard up to call this news. i guess it's cheaper to publish p.r. releases than pay a reporter
always changing

AOL

#20 May 21, 2008
UGH wrote:
If I wanted a shake I'd go somewhere that served shakes. Keep the frosty the same thickness, that is the appeal.
Now I have to agree with you there DON`T MESS WITH IT! I can get a milkshake at McDonalds why should I go to Wendys.I love the frostys so much I make special trips there sometimes.Just like my Butter Pecan Icecream can`t find it anymore and it was my favorite,Diary Mart had the best but only the orginal not this new stuff yuck,went in Circle K where they used to be and they don`t have it anymore, I miss Lawsons that is where it orginated from..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wendys International Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy's "Fresh, Never Frozen" is BS (Nov '09) Apr 18 Terminator 100
News Former Wendy's head joins P.F. Chang's board | ... (Oct '09) Jan '14 Enzyte Bob 13
News Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms (Dec '13) Dec '13 spike 22
News Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms (Dec '13) Dec '13 Norton 1
News Wendy's tosses four new salads into menu lineup... (May '10) Jul '12 Melissa 41
News Tim Hortons to replace Dunkin' Donuts at Broad ... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Anonymous 41
News Honda complex in Japan rocked by quake | The Co... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Ruth 29