Overit

Brisbane, Australia

#1 May 12, 2009
I want to know if anyone else has had the same issue as we have. If not then i want to warn people against using Westpac for any Home Loans.

We went through brokers to get a home loan with Westpac. As they were the only bank who would advance us the FHOG to build, it was our best and only option. We were approved and went unconditional over a month nearly 2 months ago. we were suppose to have settled on the land on the 27th April. Its not the 13th of May and still nothing. They have dropped the ball everyday and are now saying that we cant do what we had originally agreed to, which was use the FHOG in advance. They now say we have to come up with $22k to settle. We cant pull out of the contract otherwise we will be in breach of the contract and suffer penalties from Stocklands. Meanwhile we are accruing $300 a week in default interest on the settlement of the land. Neato, way to stuff things up Westpac.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westpac Banking Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bank Premium at Record as Loan Margin Squeezed:... (May '12) Mar '13 Mrs Bint chin 9
What is going on with the Westpac Web site (Mar '11) Mar '11 Time Poor 1
News Expect more rate rises, Westpac warns customers (Dec '09) Dec '09 Westpac Are Thiefs 1
News How Westpac boss Kelly scored an own-goal (Dec '09) Dec '09 grgkpln 1
News Westpac goes bananas with email on rationale be... (Dec '09) Dec '09 scooterman 2
News Westpac defies Swan on rate rise (Dec '09) Dec '09 Disgruntled 1
More from around the web