Massive Toyota Lay Off

Massive Toyota Lay Off

There are 197 comments on the online.wsj.com story from Jan 31, 2012, titled Massive Toyota Lay Off . In it, online.wsj.com reports that:

Oriental Toyota is suffering badly. The company still feels ramifications that began during the recall crisis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at online.wsj.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Minden

Toronto, Canada

#185 Aug 2, 2012
Happy and Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Is Toyota in a position to hire these people back yet?
Has it ever entered your feeble mind that people are tired of hearing about this fetish of yours?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#186 Aug 2, 2012
<quoted text>Is Toyota in a position to hire these people back yet?
There has been an uptick in production and sales so maybe we’ll see toyota call these men and women back. We can only hope.
Down under

Balaclava, Australia

#187 Aug 3, 2012
Root wrote:
<quoted text>There has been an uptick in production and sales so maybe we’ll see toyota call these men and women back. We can only hope.
I great to hear from some one like you who keeps up with all the current happenings overseas. The latest Vfact figures show Toyota was again number one in Australia. If fact for July it doubled General motors Holden sales.

The figures make intresting reading. I won't tell you how bad s month Ford had there really are on borrowed time down under. Iam am sorry to say that the workers sacked by Toyota Australia will never get there jobs back as they were lazy trouble makers who were very well paid out. Can you please hurry up and buy our 2013 Nascar Commodore as there sales have really tanked. Read the Vfacts stats will trally open your eyes by the way we like trucks in
Australia mind you small ones as the Toyota Hi Lus was the top selling vehicle in the country again. I am sure that a person like yourself who keeps up with the latest happening would already know that.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#188 Aug 3, 2012
Down under wrote:
<quoted text> I great to hear from some one like you who keeps up with all the current happenings overseas. The latest Vfact figures show Toyota was again number one in Australia. If fact for July it doubled General motors Holden sales.
The figures make intresting reading. I won't tell you how bad s month Ford had there really are on borrowed time down under. Iam am sorry to say that the workers sacked by Toyota Australia will never get there jobs back as they were lazy trouble makers who were very well paid out. Can you please hurry up and buy our 2013 Nascar Commodore as there sales have really tanked. Read the Vfacts stats will trally open your eyes by the way we like trucks in
Australia mind you small ones as the Toyota Hi Lus was the top selling vehicle in the country again. I am sure that a person like yourself who keeps up with the latest happening would already know that.
Yes I already know that and I love Australia. I hope these men can find employment.
Pope

Flint, MI

#189 Aug 3, 2012
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I already know that and I love Australia. I hope these men can find employment.
Need some facts Rot......Toyota Envy lives!!!Toyota has been and always will be the greatest auto maker on earth......not just Detroit...imported from Derot? UAW workers ...14 an hour....WTF!!!Plus they must buy the same POSs they monkey wrench together....sad!!!
Happy and Laughing

Las Vegas, NV

#190 Aug 3, 2012
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I already know that and I love Australia. I hope these men can find employment.
Hey I like Australia but we are really talking about these people that were fired. They need new jobs.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#191 Aug 4, 2012
<quoted text>Hey I like Australia but we are really talking about these people that were fired. They need new jobs.
YEs I guess you are right. Let's just hope that toyota will hire these people back soon.
Portal

Flint, MI

#192 Aug 4, 2012
We sure hope the domestics will survive.
Happy and Laughing

Las Vegas, NV

#193 Aug 4, 2012
Root wrote:
<quoted text>YEs I guess you are right. Let's just hope that toyota will hire these people back soon.
That would be the best thing. I think biggest problem with getting these people off the street is the economy down there.
Portal

Farmington, MI

#194 Aug 7, 2012
<quoted text>Hey I like Australia but we are really talking about these people that were fired. They need new jobs.
Largest Auto Recalls in History: Ford has the honor at the #1 spot with 28 million; GM has the #2 spot with 22 million followed by Dodge, Honda and Voltswagen.....CONGRATE u POSs!!!!!!!!50+ years of botched domestic auto making.....will they last one more year?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#195 Aug 8, 2012
Toyota Total Recall #1
Portal

Midland, MI

#196 Aug 8, 2012
That should cover it.........make lemons....the Lemon Laws follow....a domestic thang!!!!
Happy and Laughing

Las Vegas, NV

#197 Aug 8, 2012
I can't beleive Toyota has so many recalls!
Portal

Grand Blanc, MI

#198 Aug 9, 2012
I know and Ford has 6 times as many....go figure!Happy and Envious!
Happy and Laughing

Las Vegas, NV

#199 Aug 9, 2012
I hope these boys find new jobs.
Portal

Westland, MI

#200 Aug 13, 2012
Oh look....lemons! Happy and Envious!
Happy and Laughing

Las Vegas, NV

#201 Aug 14, 2012
I just want them to find new jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wall Street Journal Online Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware!!!Nano Implants can be dangerous and use... (Jun '16) Jun '16 THISISTRUE 1
oil (Dec '14) Dec '14 KAL 1589 1
News US State and DoD Clash on Approach to Syria by ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 USA Today 2
News China Is Now Top Gold Consumer (May '12) Jan '13 Coco 2
News China Is Now Top Gold Consumer (May '12) Jan '13 Coco 4
News U.S. Trade Deficit With China Grows (Jul '12) Oct '12 Supposn 16
News China Docks Its First Man in Space (Jun '12) Sep '12 Mirolyuba 117
More from around the web