left the company, when will my insura...

left the company, when will my insurance terminate

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Ashley

Green Bay, WI

#1 Dec 31, 2012
former walgreens employees who had medical insurance, do you remember when it was terminated after leaving the company? Immediately, 30 days, last day of the month? I can't get any answers being the holidays of course.:/ My last day was December 26th. Thank you for all the help!
ThrobbingWag

Shelbyville, TN

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Your insurance will run until the end of the period in which you are paid into. Like if your insurance was billed on the last pay period, it'll run until the next pay period.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 31, 2012
I was hourly but it ended on the day my SM put in that I quit. I am pretty sure it's your last day for hourly. Check both your walgreens employees at home and insurance web sites to find your termination date and end coverage date.
Anonymous1

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2012
By law I think 30 days
Grease

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Dec 31, 2012
Look under "Time Off" from StoreNet (Employees @ Home is easier to find)-> Benefits and Policies. Many of your benefits, including medical, end on your entered "End Date" (or last day you worked). If you need it after, try to see if your SM can delay entering your End Date.
chitowndude

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 31, 2012
dont they have to let u buy into cobra?
formerwagemploye e

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Dec 31, 2012
Your insurance will terminate on the last day you work for the company.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 31, 2012
Cobra is of course offered, it is super expensive however. I think the amount I was quoted to continue the same coverage was about 4x what I paid through my paychecks.
angela

Houston, TX

#9 Oct 2, 2015
I was terminate on the 29th of September 2015 and my employer told me I had two weeks before it end I go to the doctor on the first of October mind you they took out for insurance the day I left walgreen's get to the doctor and no insurance when I called they told me the money they took on the 28th was for two before now I no the insurance company is not a week r two behind. Now I need answers and walgreen's not answering

Since: Mar 15

Location hidden

#10 Oct 8, 2015
angela wrote:
I was terminate on the 29th of September 2015 and my employer told me I had two weeks before it end I go to the doctor on the first of October mind you they took out for insurance the day I left walgreen's get to the doctor and no insurance when I called they told me the money they took on the 28th was for two before now I no the insurance company is not a week r two behind. Now I need answers and walgreen's not answering
Good luck! Walgreens doesn't have the answers. I retired, came back to work for two days a week. I knew that I would be paying for my insurance myself, through Walgreens. We won't even go into the horror story of the rehire. My first check had medical adj and dental adj. I contacted Corporate, they will investigate. While they are investigating that they were not debiting my checking account for my insurance. Weekly emails from corporate to me, they are still working on this issue. Three months later, my insurance is finally debited, 3 months in one lump sum....ouch, but no payback for the deductions of medical and dental , and of course, no explanation. As I understand it, the money should show up on the October 22 paycheck. Sadly, the Corporate we once knew no longer exists. So Angela, I truly wish you the best of luck, you will need it.
ex head photo

Madisonville, KY

#11 Jan 27, 2016
Exsimc wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck! Walgreens doesn't have the answers. I retired, came back to work for two days a week. I knew that I would be paying for my insurance myself, through Walgreens. We won't even go into the horror story of the rehire. My first check had medical adj and dental adj. I contacted Corporate, they will investigate. While they are investigating that they were not debiting my checking account for my insurance. Weekly emails from corporate to me, they are still working on this issue. Three months later, my insurance is finally debited, 3 months in one lump sum....ouch, but no payback for the deductions of medical and dental , and of course, no explanation. As I understand it, the money should show up on the October 22 paycheck. Sadly, the Corporate we once knew no longer exists. So Angela, I truly wish you the best of luck, you will need it.


Good luck this company. Is. Corrupted they charged me for. A month insurance. My last paycheck. And my vacation pay check. At the time. In was not covered. The human. Resource. Arebunch of liars thieves. I hope. They lose their money. Like they stole my money. I am happy in left this shot company. But they stole. My. Money lies. Saying they will refund. Since a year liars and thieves
theborgman

Kendallville, IN

#12 Jan 28, 2016
You are one pay period behind. Insurance is charged the first full pay check after you sign up. So you are indeed one week behind. If you manager is lazy try to quit a few days into a new pay period. Often they will wait till next pay cycle to list your end date. I filed and terminated someone while covering the store . It really wasn't extra work so can't see a reason why they wait.
Caligirl

Pigeon Forge, TN

#13 Jan 25, 2017
theborgman wrote:
You are one pay period behind. Insurance is charged the first full pay check after you sign up. So you are indeed one week behind. If you manager is lazy try to quit a few days into a new pay period. Often they will wait till next pay cycle to list your end date. I filed and terminated someone while covering the store . It really wasn't extra work so can't see a reason why they wait.
All of you not only need to learn to spell, but to learn how to speak properly.
The asm in your store was to become an expert on policy.I can tell you that insurance ends the end of the month. Not 30 days, not next payday., end of the month.
Store managers should also be able to tell you where to get info on street.
I left the company after 11 years. Sad and bittersweet, because I didn't want to leave.As gas as Managers taking up seat room, I agree, And then they say we need to take on more of what they do.That's hogwash.
They think because the name is on the door, its their store.
Last I checked that mirror said we are all the face of walgreens.
So these deadbeats who do nothing, take the credit, and get the bonus, when asms run the show, going to bite them in the ass
Theborgmanntract

United States

#14 Jan 25, 2017
You are in California so most of what you say is invalid everywhere else.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 25, 2017
Holy "let's dig up a 5 year old thread" Batman!!!!!!!!!!
Madintexas43

Sandy, TX

#16 Aug 31, 2017
I guit 7 days ago. Exactly on payday. When will I get check for work befor I quit. I'm betting I won't get any of my PTO time.
BOOGIE MAN

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Aug 31, 2017
Madintexas43 wrote:
I guit 7 days ago. Exactly on payday. When will I get check for work befor I quit. I'm betting I won't get any of my PTO time.
First off, you're dumb. Quitting on payday has nothing to do w anything. Payroll dates maybe, not paydays. You will get your pto so quit being a snatch.
Wagfan

Dewitt, MI

#18 Aug 31, 2017
Madintexas43 wrote:
I guit 7 days ago. Exactly on payday. When will I get check for work befor I quit. I'm betting I won't get any of my PTO time.
Your PTO will be paid to you in a lump sum on your last paycheck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asms looking for jobs 50 min Mewtoo 3
Authen (Oct '14) 2 hr BMFARLCR 6
Who cleans bathrooms at your store? 2 hr Theborgman 11
Who was at the area wide meeting on Friday? 3 hr comment 11
Frontier frontier frontier 3 hr comment 5
dumpster diver who donates goods goes to jail 8 hr Itsjustajob 7
Unfair workloads 15 hr mee22 42
May budget 19 hr cheapass wags 23
FELM change 20 hr Asmohio 7
Walgreens announces raises Thu Vielar Crom 47
Layoffs Apr 18 Perry 33