Portland family sues Walgreens and wi...

Portland family sues Walgreens and wins $67K

There are 12 comments on the KATU-TV Portland story from Nov 21, 2013, titled Portland family sues Walgreens and wins $67K. In it, KATU-TV Portland reports that:

A Portland family is celebrating a court victory against the nation's largest retail drug store.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATU-TV Portland.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2013

Location hidden

#2 Nov 21, 2013
At this rate, we are gonna run out of money folks.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 21, 2013
glad the idiot lp folks invested money into soft stop --- just a laughable department of rent a cops who no one respects
Yeah

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2013
Did anyone else get told the new "procedure" we are to take with shoplifters? Its ridiculous..
Congrats

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Nov 21, 2013
TexasOutlaw wrote:
At this rate, we are gonna run out of money folks.
Yeah, after this year I think our legal department has secured their jobs for a bit longer
wagslave

United States

#7 Nov 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Did anyone else get told the new "procedure" we are to take with shoplifters? Its ridiculous..
No can u elaborate?

Location hidden

#8 Nov 22, 2013
Archer wrote:
This is a classic example of stopping a shop lifter, not keeping an eye on them and they put the stuff in a stash on another aisle. Of course the mom was stealing make-up, the son was the look out. He did his job alerted his mom with some verbal signal. She dumped the merchandise and won in the long run. This happens all the time in the ghetto where I work. I don't stop anyone or accuse anyone unless I'm 100% sure and I never let an eye off them. Idiot store manager in this case.
Excuse me,how do YOU know she was doing that? You were not there, your eye was not upon her.Apparently the court did not feel she was shopping lifting. Also, the woman stated had"Walgreen at least apologized " there would not have been a suit. By the way, you do not work in the ghetto, not by the location you show.Now having said all that - I do not know what the New policy is- I really do not pursue theft anymore,because I get the evil eye from manager for even mentioning it.Regardless of the truth, Wag is now coughing up more money,,,and it costing us-all.
MNbum

Cottage Grove, WI

#9 Nov 22, 2013
We get them all the time, the kid watches what the employees are doing while mom or dad stuffs things in their pockets, purses you name it.
Cannot stop them unless you have actually seen them take it, put it in their pocket and they have walked out the door.
Really have to be low life to steal crap. Morons.
Chris

Auburn, WA

#10 Nov 22, 2013
Lots of ghetto animals out there. I worked at a store in 'da hood with constant shoplifting and fighting. Had to call 911 every damn night.
Yeah

United States

#11 Nov 29, 2013
Sorry for not posting the policy, 1. I have been too busy to check back here, 2. If it is not widely spread already it could easily get me narrowed down and my actual location/identity could be found and I need my job right now, and 3. Upon further thought it would not be wise for me to post it on a publically viewable forum.
WagWhat

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 29, 2013
This is why you don't stop supposed shoplifters. The $50 bucks in merch they were allegedly going to steal isn't worth the possibility of a lawsuit. Americans are sue happy and jurors are award happy. This was hardly worth 67k maybe 5k at best but America is full of uneducated fools that can't wait to give someone a payday.

Since: Jan 12

San Francisco, CA

#13 Nov 30, 2013
There are too many rules. Even if u see them. Do not say anything, do not stop them. I really wouldn't do anything. All a thief has to do is call corporate and you will be fired even if you are in the right. Even a "soft stop" is iffy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Store Format Coming Soon 2 hr SCMGR 31
asmt step down options 2 hr SCMGR 20
Inclement Weather (Jan '11) 6 hr workerbee 9
Pulse 20 hr O g triple 21
Will I get paid for my PTO after I quit? Mon seinfan01 4
Walmart-Walgreens Mon Africanminority 26
Breaks Mon JTruant 11
The Fourth Trumpet of the Apocalypse is Sounding Jan 14 Wade Way 10
More from around the web