bad service
WAG this

Marion, IN

#44 Dec 5, 2012
Ur Not the only One wrote:
Some of you or all of you need to realize YOU are NOT the only customer Walgreens has. Sometimes there are 40 calls in a row to the pharmacy and there are only so many employees and phones they can use and ALSO service those already IN the store. You need to get a life if you think you should be serviced IMMEDIATELY when you call a local store. It may take 40 minutes or more for one of the pharmacists to get to your call. Learn to be more patient and WAIT YOUR TURN!
Exactly! First rule of retail: take care of the customer at the register - they are the one spending money. I had a customer read me the riot act before for making him wait on hold (about 90 seconds). He said "what if this was an emergency?". I responded "Then you're a fool. This isn't 911 or an emergency room. It's a business." He was floored. Then I told him that phone calls asking for free advice don't pay the bills and are my lowest priority. He got the message.
mmhae

Madison, WI

#45 Dec 5, 2012
Ur Not the only One wrote:
Some of you or all of you need to realize YOU are NOT the only customer Walgreens has. Sometimes there are 40 calls in a row to the pharmacy and there are only so many employees and phones they can use and ALSO service those already IN the store. You need to get a life if you think you should be serviced IMMEDIATELY when you call a local store. It may take 40 minutes or more for one of the pharmacists to get to your call. Learn to be more patient and WAIT YOUR TURN!
But the pharmacist shouldn't be that stressed out, hurried and rushed to take care of the customers. 40 calls in a row is a busy store and instead of cutting hours Wags should be putting in more people to handle the customers. IT IS CALLED GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. There is no reason for people to keep coming back to be treated like that, they will go elsewhere and what will Wags do, probably cut more hours and pay.
CornerofFoffandk ma

Albuquerque, NM

#46 Dec 5, 2012
This is the fundamental problem. The customers rightfully expect good customer service. The pharmacy staff is legitimately taxed beyond their capabilities. The interaction between the two groups then becomes combative and everyone suffers. The people making the decisions that cause this problem are beyond accountability. There are too many people making too many decisions that numbers wise makes sense in their sterile environment, but have no real world application.
Wags talks a good game about great customer service and great employee engagement. But, its like talking about having the best yard on the block. If you never weed, water, or tend your yard you can't expect a field of roses. The expectations are way to high for the limited resources and care that is being provided.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#47 Dec 6, 2012
Many of you are overthinking this. It all comes down to money. Walgreens job (surprise) is to make money. Period. You can keep complaining about the service but Walgreens keeps making....money. Cutting hours, saving expense, is how companies make....money. We are NOT losing customers in the long term. Walgreens continues to gain market share decade after decade.

Secondly, most employees get paid by the- HOUR. So you can whine about what you do from 9-5 everyday, but you're still only working from 9-5 no matter how stressed you feel.

Sorry guys- that's how capitalism works. If you don't feel like you can handle it- we can open up the borders and I'm positive that Paco from Guatemala can handle it.
WAG this

Hollywood, FL

#48 Dec 6, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
Many of you are overthinking this. It all comes down to money. Walgreens job (surprise) is to make money. Period. You can keep complaining about the service but Walgreens keeps making....money. Cutting hours, saving expense, is how companies make....money. We are NOT losing customers in the long term. Walgreens continues to gain market share decade after decade.

Secondly, most employees get paid by the- HOUR. So you can whine about what you do from 9-5 everyday, but you're still only working from 9-5 no matter how stressed you feel.

Sorry guys- that's how capitalism works. If you don't feel like you can handle it- we can open up the borders and I'm positive that Paco from Guatemala can handle it.
Actually, we ARE losing customers in the long run. The numbers show it. Having to continually cut budget to stay as profitable is a HUGE red flag.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#49 Dec 6, 2012
Really? What numbers are showing it? And what is your definition of long run? Last I checked, most stock market analysts had us as "neutral" or "buy."

So, by your economic theory, any company which continually adds employees is profitable and any which cuts employees is unprofitable? lol. I don't know of any two economists that agree, but I'm sure 100% of them wouldn't agree with your theory. Not to mention, that it already has been proven false a thousand times over thoughout history.

As with about 2/3rds of the posters in this forum, you have confused your dissatisfaction with Walgreens with actual fact. I don't blame you- it's the nature of forums about companies. I read ALL the same stuff about Walgreens 10 years ago on other forums and they all predicted the nearing downfall of Walgreens. And here we are 10 years later...
WAG this

Marion, IN

#50 Dec 6, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
Really? What numbers are showing it? And what is your definition of long run? Last I checked, most stock market analysts had us as "neutral" or "buy."

So, by your economic theory, any company which continually adds employees is profitable and any which cuts employees is unprofitable? lol. I don't know of any two economists that agree, but I'm sure 100% of them wouldn't agree with your theory. Not to mention, that it already has been proven false a thousand times over thoughout history.

As with about 2/3rds of the posters in this forum, you have confused your dissatisfaction with Walgreens with actual fact. I don't blame you- it's the nature of forums about companies. I read ALL the same stuff about Walgreens 10 years ago on other forums and they all predicted the nearing downfall of Walgreens. And here we are 10 years later...
The stock market is not an indicator of the company actually making money, it is an indicator for an INVESTOR to make money based on speculation. What shows the company's profitability are the financials. Learn the difference. I also did not suggest that any company that just adds personnel will suddenly be profitable. Here's a little analogy to help you understand. You have a restaurant that serves fantastic food at a good profit. It has 50 tables for patrons and 10 servers. Each server can handle 5 tables and provide excellent service. The owner decides to let 1 server go. Now the other servers must cover the 'extra' five tables. Service is close to the same. It barely suffers, soothe owner decides to let another server go. Now the remaining servers must cover the slack again. The patrons still get their food, but some behind the scenes 'side work' doesn't get done properly. The owner sees dollar signs and complaints from patrons are still low, so he lets servers go again. Before you know it, there are only 5 servers left. They are overworked serving 10 tables each. They are stressed and running around like crazy. People still get food, but the attention table side isn't there. The restaurant serves fewer people now because customers are unhappy, but because payroll (which includes benefits) is lower, the restaurant is just as profitable. On paper, the restaurant is in the same position profit wise. However, its reputation suffers and it is bad mouthed around town. Also, the employees are unhappy and make no effort to go the extra mile. If the owner had kept the original 10 servers, hi payroll would have been higher, but those 10 employees could have provided a superior experience to patrons. This would have resulted in more patrons, better reputation, and increased business.

For the record, I suggest that YOU learn to evaluate a business before you start snapping at people. I'll put my MS in Economics, MBA, and PharmD up against whatever you have.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#51 Dec 6, 2012
LOL. That would be news to a lot of people. "The stock market is not an indicator of the company actually making money..." That could not be further from the truth. Maybe what you meant to say is: "A company's stock market price is not an indicator..." I can assure you with absolute certainty that the stock market DOES indicate whether or not a company is making money. Furthermore, most stock market analysts who evaluate fortune 500 companies, make their buy recommendations based on, large part, future profitibality. Are you honestly going to challenge that?

Your last two posts haven't offered any proof, facts, or references. What suggests that we are continually cutting budget to stay profitable, or even further still, that we have to?

Your degrees, plus $1.50, will buy you a newspaper in my town.
so over this

Winter Garden, FL

#52 Dec 6, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
Many of you are overthinking this. It all comes down to money. Walgreens job (surprise) is to make money. Period. You can keep complaining about the service but Walgreens keeps making....money. Cutting hours, saving expense, is how companies make....money. We are NOT losing customers in the long term. Walgreens continues to gain market share decade after decade.
Secondly, most employees get paid by the- HOUR. So you can whine about what you do from 9-5 everyday, but you're still only working from 9-5 no matter how stressed you feel.
Sorry guys- that's how capitalism works. If you don't feel like you can handle it- we can open up the borders and I'm positive that Paco from Guatemala can handle it.
Paco is smart enough not to waste his talent at Walgreens, he makes his $$$$ in construction dumb a$$.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#53 Dec 6, 2012
Yeah, construction pays a fortune. I can't tell you how many times I've been at a party of middle/upper class people and someone says: "Damn, that construction worker pay has me set for life!"
so over this

Winter Garden, FL

#54 Dec 6, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
Yeah, construction pays a fortune. I can't tell you how many times I've been at a party of middle/upper class people and someone says: "Damn, that construction worker pay has me set for life!"
Keep showing your ignorance while Paco laughs his way to the bank,does it upset you that Paco is a foreman ,owner,executive in the construction industry and he's not cleaning your pool and pleasuring your wife while you belittle a culture of people you know nothing about?
disgovernment

Delaware, OH

#55 Dec 6, 2012
Uhh, you must have missed something there brilliant one. Let's recap for you:

1) I said, let's open the borders a few posts ago.

2) I implied construction workers don't make much money (they don't).

Somehow you confused that with racism vs. Latinos?

I am for 100% open borders/immigration. Furthermore, I would love for Latinos to enter the US in huge numbers to kick these lazy ass Americans out of jobs. And not just the entry level jobs either. I grew up in a city with a large latino population and know their culture quite well.

So, sorry misguided one- you got the wrong person in your little crosshairs.

And, for the record, as much love as I have for the Latino man, he won't have much luck pleasuring my wife. She likes white men (specifically me).
so over this

Winter Garden, FL

#56 Dec 7, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
Uhh, you must have missed something there brilliant one. Let's recap for you:
1) I said, let's open the borders a few posts ago.
2) I implied construction workers don't make much money (they don't).
Somehow you confused that with racism vs. Latinos?
I am for 100% open borders/immigration. Furthermore, I would love for Latinos to enter the US in huge numbers to kick these lazy ass Americans out of jobs. And not just the entry level jobs either. I grew up in a city with a large latino population and know their culture quite well.
So, sorry misguided one- you got the wrong person in your little crosshairs.
And, for the record, as much love as I have for the Latino man, he won't have much luck pleasuring my wife. She likes white men (specifically me).
You implied that a person ,let's call him Paco somehow out of all the job opportunities in the US would choose a job in retail because an american worker would choose not to take or appreciate this retail job. I'm saying don't assume Paco would take this job when there is so much money to be made in construction.I know even an average grunt in construction makes more than a new retail associate.So just observing the passive aggressive comment you made about a particular culture of people.
WAG this

Marion, IN

#57 Dec 7, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
LOL. That would be news to a lot of people. "The stock market is not an indicator of the company actually making money..." That could not be further from the truth. Maybe what you meant to say is: "A company's stock market price is not an indicator..." I can assure you with absolute certainty that the stock market DOES indicate whether or not a company is making money. Furthermore, most stock market analysts who evaluate fortune 500 companies, make their buy recommendations based on, large part, future profitibality. Are you honestly going to challenge that?

Your last two posts haven't offered any proof, facts, or references. What suggests that we are continually cutting budget to stay profitable, or even further still, that we have to?

Your degrees, plus $1.50, will buy you a newspaper in my town.
Again, you're wrong. You have a little knowledge and think you know everything. A very profitable company can have a stock that is faltering and vice versa. Look at some companies with soaring stocks that didn't make a nickel (Amazon, Zynga). The companies are broke but the investors go rich. It's too bad you can't tell the difference. You don't know as much as you think.
WAG this

Marion, IN

#58 Dec 7, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
Yeah, construction pays a fortune. I can't tell you how many times I've been at a party of middle/upper class people and someone says: "Damn, that construction worker pay has me set for life!"
You must be a caterer.
disgovernment

Delaware, OH

#59 Dec 7, 2012
I made no such assumption about my fictional Latino friend Paco. I simply said OPEN the borders and give him a crack at an American's job if an American can't handle it. Plain and simple. I made no indication of WHAT job in the retail that might be. So it could be anything up to, and including, the SM. In fact, I envisioned it as a HIGHER than entry level position. Thus leading to my later comment that construction worker pay wasn't that good. So let's end this non-argument and cheer for our friend Paco on his quest to unseat lazy Americans all across the country!

WAG THIS is playing a little game of semantics with me. So cute! You are limiting your use of the term "stock market" to simply a stock's price and whether it is rising or falling. The stock market is EVERYTHING that relates to the stock market. That includes all the financial information CONCERNING a company. So spare me the "stock market for dummies" book review. I have forgotten more information about economics than you will ever learn.
Mike

Chicago, IL

#60 Dec 7, 2012
I am the guy that started this in the first place. Please know hat I had called the store in the first place because, as I come to find out, the color of my pill had gone from blue to white. But I was not told there was a new company they were subbing. I did not want to take the wrong medication. The head pharmacy person called me and said I should have been told. She said I should not have been on hold for 18 minutes (before I hung up) and I should not have had to wait for 40 minutes when I was told 15.

Get this, I was told they needed the doctor's approval for some meds like Lippitor. I
Went back for the second time and picked up 3 more scripts. I called because my Lippitor was missing they said they needed the doctor's approval. This will make my third trip to the store and it has now been a week!!

Those postings that say the customer is unrealistic and needs to have more patience are really missing the point. I know the workers are all over worked but I really believe this Master Giant is slipping in the customer service department.

I am off tomorrow for the third time. We will see if they got it right this time. By the way I know they need the doctors approval but the communication with their customer,me, sucks. Stay tuned
gonebabygone

Saint Charles, IL

#61 Dec 8, 2012
yeah, pharmacy sucks the big one when it comes to customer service. Instead of admitting they need to improve and trying to find ways to improve, they instead blame the customers for being unrealistic or some other lame excuse.

I remember helping those pharmers out one day in their cave and there was NO ONE waiting in the waiting are and NO ONE in drive thru...a customer comes to window and has one rx to fill and its a simple one, just fill and hand it to her...

But nooooooooooo, pharmers said the wait would be 45 minutes because there are others to be filled before her. Standing near I heard this and ordered that whitecoat to fill this one now or go home.

Don't be a childish fool. Took her like 3 minutes to print and fill. Customer was overjoyed. That pharmer called me into her supervisor and I had a talk to him the next day. He tried to write me up but I was like you must be kidding. I told him before this deal goes down we need to get the district manager involved. Ha--he backed off like the gutless weasel he is!

Bottom line is to pharmers: A. Use common sense in dealing with the public. B. Don't try to harass the store mgrs when we are trying to help you guys out and improve customer service which helps promote sales. C. Don't think you are better then the other people in the store.
Diane

United States

#62 Dec 9, 2012
Mike...if I were you I would switch prescription to anywhere but Walgreens! It doesn't take a genius to figure out the uncertainty and confusion this company has created.
We fight and hate each other on this forum, but in reality, it's just a reflection of our discontent with a company most of us worked our asses off for, only to get kicked in the teeth. Screw Walgreens!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#63 Dec 9, 2012
Mike, Diane and her union are going to be starting their own pharmacy! Sure, it might not be ready anytime in your lifetime, or the next 30 lifetimes, but one of your Greeeeeeeeaaaatttt grand children will be able to get their script filled there. It's going to be SO wonderful. Service levels through the ROOF! AND...... every employee paid the exact same amount and just majorly f**king cheerful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SBA Freeze 19 min Itdoesntmatter70 137
Coworker won't sell Plan B...talk to leadership... 32 min WAG this 25
Pto pay out? 34 min WAG this 8
Pulse survey for employees 1 hr Txpharmguy 11
Sex in the stores (May '12) 1 hr CaliASM 6
Employee from Prince's local pharmacy/ Nationa... 22 hr SlidewayzZ 8
Do You Take Your Job Seriously at Walgreens? (Mar '12) Fri whtzup 77
Frontier project (Jun '15) Wed BANNED SFL 53
More from around the web