Tinley Park, IL

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Who's applying today?
Muskrat

United States

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Searching wrote:
Who's applying today?
I have reservations about applying for a position when the wage hasn't been announced! I'm sure the ultimate goal for those applying for ASM-t is an ASM position. Again, we have no clue what the salary is for that either. The whole thing is suspicious!
Searching

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Muskrat wrote:
<quoted text>I have reservations about applying for a position when the wage hasn't been announced! I'm sure the ultimate goal for those applying for ASM-t is an ASM position. Again, we have no clue what the salary is for that either. The whole thing is suspicious!
Are you an mgt? If you are the pay stays the same.
hello all

Springfield, NJ

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Since the whole asm-t process is selective and.annoying, I'm just wandering if corporate will be doing background checks on all applicants.
Muskrat

United States

#5 Jan 7, 2013
Searching wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an mgt? If you are the pay stays the same.
Where does it say that pay stays the same? ASM pay hasn't been announced for a reason...probably because many MGT's that make it there will be essentially making less per hour than they currently do.
Muskrat

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Searching wrote:
<quoted text>If you are an mgt and get moved go asmt. It is a LATERAL move and pay does not go down. You will no longer get raises until the current rate exceeds the amount you make. Exas who transition into ASM will not lose pay for the same reason. Lateral move. The starting rate for exa in my area was 50,000. That no longer applies since that position no longer exists. The NEW rate will only affect those getting promoted from asmt to ASM. Make sense?
Yes, yes. I get all that. The issue is new ASM's starting out at a new salary that I assume will be WAY less than 50k. Say it's only 40k. At 44hrs per week, that breaks down to 17.48 per hour. Many MGT's make more than that now. This is my biggest concern. All this hoopla for a "promotion" that really isn't one. More work, more responsibility, more hours, barely any raise. Worth it??

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Searching wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are an mgt and get moved go asmt. It is a LATERAL move and pay does not go down. You will no longer get raises until the current rate exceeds the amount you make.
It didn't say that MGT rate was past the cap of ASM-T, so I'm not so sure on the wage being frozen. But, that's not a huge deal either way, as you're not supposed to be in the position long enough to worry about many yearly raises (estimated 2-year max), especially the accelerated class that's going straight to ASM after a matter of months.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Muskrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have reservations about applying for a position when the wage hasn't been announced! I'm sure the ultimate goal for those applying for ASM-t is an ASM position. Again, we have no clue what the salary is for that either. The whole thing is suspicious!
Read this thread for the ASM pay for those promoted into the position.

http://www.topix.com/forum/com/wag/T08C1HAP9J...

I dont know ASM-t rates yet but like stated earlier if you are an MGT put into this position it is a lateral move and pay is the same you make now.
LeaderMidwest

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 7, 2013
The reason people take the ASMT position is to eventually get promoted to ASM and then MGR. Quit complaining! If your goal is to be Store Manager - its the stepping stone position. No other way around it. If you don't want to be one, then you should stay at SFL.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 8, 2013
LeaderMidwest wrote:
The reason people take the ASMT position is to eventually get promoted to ASM and then MGR. Quit complaining! If your goal is to be Store Manager - its the stepping stone position. No other way around it. If you don't want to be one, then you should stay at SFL.
ASM can be lifetime now - you're a dumbass if you take any pay as ASM that would lower your current MGT hourly rate. It's not like there's a SM opening every 6 months to get promoted into. It's more like 1 every couple years in some areas - if even that.

I don't think I'd accept the position for less than 45K a year since bonus isn't promised.
Muskrat

Sanborn, IA

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Donnelly007 wrote:
<quoted text>ASM can be lifetime now - you're a dumbass if you take any pay as ASM that would lower your current MGT hourly rate. It's not like there's a SM opening every 6 months to get promoted into. It's more like 1 every couple years in some areas - if even that.

I don't think I'd accept the position for less than 45K a year since bonus isn't promised.
Exactly! Thank you.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Donnelly007 wrote:
<quoted text>
ASM can be lifetime now - you're a dumbass if you take any pay as ASM that would lower your current MGT hourly rate.
Your pay can't be lowered with a promotion. You keep your MGT rate when you go to ASMT, and will keep at least that rate when you go ASM. Pay only drops when you enter a lower position with a cap, such as from MGT to SFL.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 8, 2013
LeaderMidwest wrote:
Why would anyone want to be a STR MGR?
The positives:
-Good pay
-Holidays off
-Long lunches

The negatives:
-Being ultimately responsible for sales in this corporate penny-pinching environment
-STILL a pretty crappy schedule(Str Mgrs shouldnt be required to work weekends or nights or 9-10 hr days)
-seemingly getting squeezed out by CL's and ASM's
-Having no control over distinguishable merchandising with everything being corp directed or mandatory
-front end labor model(which is a joke btw)
-being pressured to attend community events when you should be in your store

But thats just me :) If i work my way up to be a Str Mgr from a SVC,at least give me a favorable schedule that rewards me for my efforts.

No thanks.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 10, 2013
JMGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pay can't be lowered with a promotion. You keep your MGT rate when you go to ASMT, and will keep at least that rate when you go ASM. Pay only drops when you enter a lower position with a cap, such as from MGT to SFL.
Example: Say as an MGT you make 37K a year and they put an offer on the table for 40K a year. That's a raise in pay, but a drop in hourly rate.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#16 Jan 10, 2013
MGT-Dude

Those are the main reason I left. My job Store manager gets a long work day(If you are a 1.5 person store), but Holidays off and only 9 Saturdays a year. I can order and bring in new merchandise for my store. I can pick to be a Apple store or not. Each store is very different.

On Holidays if the school is closed near a Holiday we are closed. Like this year I received a 4 day week end for both X-mas and Thanksgiving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Location, location, location 26 min Apples McGee 8
Area alignments! 1 hr Harvey Ball 2
I'm sick of this. 2 hr refreshing 37
Budget cuts (again) 3 hr Receiving ready 6
manager buy-out? 3 hr no longer stressed 81
Pto 4 hr SAMs 30
New ASM is only 27, makes me feel stupid. 4 hr wagajuana 16
Affair 15 hr Saywhat 31
Frontier project (Jun '15) 23 hr Curious about cur... 249
More from around the web