Turn over
Mary

Derry, NH

#1 Oct 3, 2013
Does anyone have huge turn over at their stores? My store has all new hires. We have people leaving all the time. We went through a shift lead earlier and now another one gave in their 2 weeks because they found a much higher paying job so we need to hire another one. It seems like we can only get the bare minimums done. So aggravating. But with the pay structure here and the work load people can always find something better than here.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 3, 2013
Not at my store...yet. Look for more people to quit their jobs and move elsewhere..according to the news, it is already happening. The reason is because "insurance" was a primary holder for staying with a company. But now, with Obamacare, and companies having you find your own insurance, the incentive has left the building.
Diane

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Oct 3, 2013
Good one, Tex!! I think alot more than "incentive "has left the building .

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4 Oct 3, 2013
Not yet. People are still engaged in my district and everybody has a chance to meet with the DM to create their career path. But then again, that's probably their way of trying to keep everybody motivated-by assuring us there are still opportunities. But with Costco, Target, CVS and many other other big name companies offering higher pay, i see most people leaving soon.
Thespaz

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2013
SFL will be the next EXA. When I started with the company one of the highest turn over positions were EXA's. They would get the resume credit and move on to bigger things.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#6 Oct 3, 2013
Let the turnover bets begin! It's a small bet we have in the store. We (the ones that have been in the store a while, leadership-not including the SM, cashiers, ba's, photo techs and floor guys) get a bet going on newly hired employees on how long will they last. We bet sodas/juices, pizzas, little things. We've had an employee take a 15 minute break and never come back, Lmao! That was priceless! Some employees are just no call-no shows after 4 days....I've come to enjoy these stories. And still, corporate doesn't get that this job now, is too much bs to deal with.
Me

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Oct 3, 2013
My store doesn't really. However my husband got hired on as an SFL, overnight shift, in August and he has already found a better job. He's willing to stay on part time at Walgreens if they have any cashier openings, but if not he's going to just quit. The new job is less hours but more money and less BS. It's pretty bad he's been at Walgreens just shy of 2 months and already hates it. No one at his store is happy. The mgr there is incompetent and doesn't give 2 shits about what goes on. My husband was left to run the store overnight alone, in a bad ass area, when his only cashier called in and they didn't even try to cover her shift. Ridiculous.
wagman

Olmsted Falls, OH

#8 Oct 3, 2013
Me wrote:
My store doesn't really. However my husband got hired on as an SFL, overnight shift, in August and he has already found a better job. He's willing to stay on part time at Walgreens if they have any cashier openings, but if not he's going to just quit. The new job is less hours but more money and less BS. It's pretty bad he's been at Walgreens just shy of 2 months and already hates it. No one at his store is happy. The mgr there is incompetent and doesn't give 2 shits about what goes on. My husband was left to run the store overnight alone, in a bad ass area, when his only cashier called in and they didn't even try to cover her shift. Ridiculous.
Actually it's against company policy to have anyone in the store alone at any time. Someone (SM) could get in big trouble if they let that happen...
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#9 Oct 3, 2013
wagman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's against company policy to have anyone in the store alone at any time. Someone (SM) could get in big trouble if they let that happen...
My guess is that there was a pharmacist on duty also.
Me

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Oct 3, 2013
Altec Lansing wrote:
<quoted text>My guess is that there was a pharmacist on duty also.
Yes pharmacist was there. I meant they left him alone to run front and photo and do the SFL crap too. I still think it's ridiculous. The fact that it's in a high crime area just made it worse
Ex Wag

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#11 Oct 3, 2013
wagman wrote:
<quoted text>
No they won't get in trouble. They will say the pharmacist was there, so technically he wasn't alone. Wags can bs their way out of anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DH hours 3 hr DHequalsCashier 3
Holiday Question (Nov '11) 5 hr Wbaasm 13
Pulse 7 hr justsaying 27
What's the weirdest product a customer has aske... 11 hr danny turner 12
Who is allowed to access the cameras/recordings? 16 hr ASMnow 15
Breaks 17 hr ASMnow 12
New survey 20 hr Iceicebaby 1
Florida rx Mon FormerDTRTech 2
NPS scores Sun fyi 21
New Store Format Coming Soon Sat Wagmgr 39