Shady ASM-T selections?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#41 Apr 8, 2013
so Walgreens is actually putting education into account for promotions?
Bam

Dallas, TX

#42 Apr 8, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
yes, going forward they will recruit management from college campuses more then they ever have before, and the further up the ladder you want to go the more it matters.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#43 Apr 9, 2013
Counting the days wrote:
Lets get back on track here. Anyone see corruption and/or politics in their district's selections? What is the discernible criteria you are seeing?
Yep. Wag has been pushing MGT's to become true leaders and display true mgmt skills for the last year or so...yet in my community they only advanced one MGT to the math test...an MGT who is an
A-typical workhorse-type who hasnt been moved from his/her store in 10 yrs....one who will bust out a worklist,and has a ton of experience...yet hasn't shown any true communication/leadership skills whatsoever. The kicker? This MGT has a college degree from like the late 1970's. Yeah,whatever.

I dont necessarily think that they had their ASMT's pre-picked...they just F'd up the MGT assesment process....and skewed it too far as to not show bias in fear of retaliation. So, via spreadsheet computer numbers vs best qualified....they're stepping over thousands of MGT's who have worked hard to show the leadership that Wag has asked for,and are clearly more qualified to move on than some of the robot worklist-types they've advanced simply due to the weight of past education and the ability to sell yourself thru an open ended question app.

DM's,CL's and Str Mgr's know who the best applicants are,the problem is that the corporate method of evaluation is flawed. Shocker right?

Location hidden

#44 Apr 9, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
FAR too heavily.

Location hidden

#45 Apr 9, 2013
WAG-CL223 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ASM-T process has NOTHING to do with your current pay rate. But it also has NOTHING to do with how good you are at WHAT you do except for the math test. Hope it clears up some things for everyone.
Exactly what i'm getting from this process.
El Rio

San Antonio, TX

#46 Apr 9, 2013
Bam wrote:
<quoted text> yes, going forward they will recruit management from college campuses more then they ever have before, and the further up the ladder you want to go the more it matters.
In 2014 those who are "hired off the streets" for the ASM-T position will have to have a minimum of a 4 year degree.
Bam

Dallas, TX

#47 Apr 9, 2013
El Rio wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2014 those who are "hired off the streets" for the ASM-T position will have to have a minimum of a 4 year degree.
yup yup, to bad I dont have a degree. Boo

Location hidden

#48 Apr 9, 2013
That's ridiculous. A textbook isn't going to teach someone how to do a good reset, or teach someone how to create a display. Unbelievable.
tEXA

Keller, TX

#49 Apr 9, 2013
I think that is the point. We have too many people who can do a reset or make a dsplay but not enough people who know business.

As an exa, have mgts who are trying to get promoted and they know nothing of the business aspect of a store.

That being said, I do think it was their sm fault for not training them along the way. And I think that is pandemic in walgreens. Store managers do not want to share their information...from what I have experienced
Say What

Ashburn, VA

#50 Apr 9, 2013
I get the whole change of having leaders and such, but with these picks, I see a downfall in Walgreens companies. In my district I know of 4 Mgts that didn't finish the math test and they got the interview portion. 3 of them I know have a degree but the employees hate working for them. They have no leadership. They don't know how to talk to them or how to show them things. They just work on the list that is given to them.
I finished my math test, with time to spare. I know I did an excellent job on it. I don't have a degree, with giving my time to Walgreens and my family. I just don't have the time.I worry about the good people that know what they're doing, that know how to lead and will end up settling down for a position they will hate. To then work with people that have no clue. The employees will break and lose moral.
My employees love working with me. They come on short notice for me if asked, but not for the others, they tell them no,they text each other to see who is the leadership on duty.
It's not looking good for the company. But it will survive because there will be somebody willing to bust their behind for a lot less. They just won't get the same dedication as we give.

Location hidden

#51 Apr 9, 2013
tEXA wrote:
I think that is the point. We have too many people who can do a reset or make a dsplay but not enough people who know business.
As an exa, have mgts who are trying to get promoted and they know nothing of the business aspect of a store.
That being said, I do think it was their sm fault for not training them along the way. And I think that is pandemic in walgreens. Store managers do not want to share their information...from what I have experienced
good point. Well said.
Tired of it all

Franklin Park, IL

#52 Apr 9, 2013
I'm an MGT and have been with Walgreen's for 12 years. Was told by my CL that my IRR was good and that I passed the math test. However, did not get an interview. My CL couldn't tell me how I was graded just that applicants were given color codes. I do have a college degree, granted in Political Science. Found out that younger applicants, I'm mid-40's, without degrees and less experience were getting interviews. Never been a person who regrets decisions, but starting to regret the day I took this job.
Say What

Ashburn, VA

#53 Apr 9, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
That's ridiculous. A textbook isn't going to teach someone how to do a good reset, or teach someone how to create a display. Unbelievable.
No, but Walgreens University can! Lol.....if they can afford the 12,000 tuition with a 10% discount for employees
WAGTN

United States

#54 Apr 9, 2013
Corruption? You've got it pal. My DM is banging one store manager, LPS is tappin another. Connie Latta says we're fired if we don't say welcome to Walgreen and thank you and be well. The cl's picked all the asmt's and told the rest of us to quit or demote to sfl by June 1st.
rutroh

United States

#55 Apr 9, 2013
Too much crying for one thread to handle
Bam

Dallas, TX

#56 Apr 9, 2013
WAGTN wrote:
Corruption? You've got it pal. My DM is banging one store manager, LPS is tappin another. Connie Latta says we're fired if we don't say welcome to Walgreen and thank you and be well. The cl's picked all the asmt's and told the rest of us to quit or demote to sfl by June 1st.
print out the compass that says you get to apply again for asmt next year and keep your pay before you have to step down.

Location hidden

#57 Apr 9, 2013
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but Walgreens University can! Lol.....if they can afford the 12,000 tuition with a 10% discount for employees
Haha, oh yeah! Gotta love the WAG U!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's the busiest walgreens located??? (Mar '13) 1 hr Diane 19
News Walgreens: Obama made us 'whipping boy' of tax ... 2 hr Diane 6
Is this consider a call out ? 10 hr Waggie 2
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) Sun WagDrone 1,911
whole cases of damaged products Sun Sengalong 7
PTO Fired Sun WalgreensIsevil 16
Store closings Sun Gloomy Gus 16
DM setup Sun myhearteats 5
Wow May 29 Gloomy Gus 2
More from around the web