Shady ASM-T selections?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Counting the days

Knoxville, TN

#1 Apr 5, 2013
Anyone out there notice corruption in your district's selections of who is moving on to the interview stage? I have good reviews on last 2 (3.5,3.6), over 10 years as MGT, and strong support from my current SM in a very demanding store. And no dice for me. But a lot of the worst, laziest managers are getting moved on.

Now that I have the confirmed ASM pay rates, I am very happy to be leaving WAG within this next year. But a lot of good and talented STL and MGT in my district are denied, and these people DO genuinely want to stay and advance with WAG. Meanwhile, I have been told firsthand by a lot of the ones who are moving on that they don't really care, they just don't want the pay cuts of SFL, and aren't going to do any more work or give any more effort. How is that happening?

Seems that myself and all the MGT I know that are above $18 per hour ($19.37 myself), are all out. Can't be a coincidence. This going on anywhere else out there? Anybody notice cronyism? Or any other shady or questionable selections? Please share if you can. We need to expose this. Please no conspiracy stuff, honest posts only...thanks in advance everyone!
Ya right

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2013
I make over 19/ hr, but decided a while ago to go a different direction. I applied, but didn't bother with the math test ( purposely ). However, a fellow mgt I'm friends with was told by the cl he worked with that the cl's had already selected their asmts. This was last summer. This could explain your observation.
Counting the days

Topton, NC

#3 Apr 5, 2013
Ya right wrote:
I make over 19/ hr, but decided a while ago to go a different direction. I applied, but didn't bother with the math test ( purposely ). However, a fellow mgt I'm friends with was told by the cl he worked with that the cl's had already selected their asmts. This was last summer. This could explain your observation.
Ok thanks man, good info. If the last summer thing is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, that is interesting. But selected them last summer based on WHAT? Low hourly rate? Ass kissing? They're my buddy? My CL is telling us he and DM had no input, just got a message from corporate...which I do not buy.
Bam

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 5, 2013
Counting the days wrote:
Anyone out there notice corruption in your district's selections of who is moving on to the interview stage? I have good reviews on last 2 (3.5,3.6), over 10 years as MGT, and strong support from my current SM in a very demanding store. And no dice for me. But a lot of the worst, laziest managers are getting moved on.
Now that I have the confirmed ASM pay rates, I am very happy to be leaving WAG within this next year. But a lot of good and talented STL and MGT in my district are denied, and these people DO genuinely want to stay and advance with WAG. Meanwhile, I have been told firsthand by a lot of the ones who are moving on that they don't really care, they just don't want the pay cuts of SFL, and aren't going to do any more work or give any more effort. How is that happening?
Seems that myself and all the MGT I know that are above $18 per hour ($19.37 myself), are all out. Can't be a coincidence. This going on anywhere else out there? Anybody notice cronyism? Or any other shady or questionable selections? Please share if you can. We need to expose this. Please no conspiracy stuff, honest posts only...thanks in advance everyone!
10 years as an MGT and your only making $19.37? Where do you live? They are totally ripping you off. I make about the same and I've only been an MGT for 3 1/2 years. And ya they are already had people picked out before applications were available
Counting the days

Candler, NC

#5 Apr 5, 2013
Bam wrote:
<quoted text>10 years as an MGT and your only making $19.37? Where do you live? They are totally ripping you off. I make about the same and I've only been an MGT for 3 1/2 years. And ya they are already had people picked out before applications were available
Don't want to answer that. My DO staff and corporate monitor this site, and I would give myself away. Much lower cost of living area than Dallas, for sure.:)
Bam

Dallas, TX

#6 Apr 5, 2013
Counting the days wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want to answer that. My DO staff and corporate monitor this site, and I would give myself away. Much lower cost of living area than Dallas, for sure.:)
I think my starting pay was 17.45 in CA

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 5, 2013
He only makes that much because until recently every MGT made the same amount of money no matter how long you worked for Walgreens (This is how a 10, 15, 20, 30 etc year MGT can only make that amount too)- this only changed in the last couple of years when they made pay based on performance.

What are the confirmed ASM-T pay rates?
Counting the days

Shelbyville, TN

#8 Apr 5, 2013
Donnelly007 wrote:
He only makes that much because until recently every MGT made the same amount of money no matter how long you worked for Walgreens (This is how a 10, 15, 20, 30 etc year MGT can only make that amount too)- this only changed in the last couple of years when they made pay based on performance.

What are the confirmed ASM-T pay rates?
Don't know for sure. But take my zone (B) for starters.$38,000 starting rate divided by 52 weeks in a year divided by 44 hours a week =$16.61 an hour. So logic would say $14-$16 an hour. Unless you are over that already, where you would be frozen. But in my district, all of us making over are getting run out. If you have access to rate & status, you might find it there.
Counting the days

Shelbyville, TN

#9 Apr 5, 2013
Lets get back on track here. Anyone see corruption and/or politics in their district's selections? What is the discernible criteria you are seeing?
waggurl

Jackson, TN

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Counting the days wrote:
Lets get back on track here. Anyone see corruption and/or politics in their district's selections? What is the discernible criteria you are seeing?
oh hell yeah we see it.....it started with last years evaluation process!!!! These store mgrs evaluated on who they wanted promoted!!! The whole situation stinks! Loyalty to this company means nothing anymore.....if your older than 35, if your lucky, you might have job.
a mgt

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Apr 6, 2013
Counting the days wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they monitor this site?
a mgt

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Apr 6, 2013
O and I know plent of 5-10 yr mgts still in the running and probably will get the job
blue bell

Euless, TX

#13 Apr 6, 2013
I make over 18 and I had my interview last week. The reviews allowed you to apply but after that they meant nothing. The irr meant a lot. Unfortunately many managers did not know how to give those.
Shafted

Rockford, IL

#14 Apr 6, 2013
3.8 on last performance review got transferred to new store 6 months ago and douche bag sm who I've not gotten along with since transferring here killed me on irr........class action lawsuit on the horizon?
YepYep

Cecilia, KY

#15 Apr 6, 2013
betcha Counting the Days is from KY
Holla

New Bedford, MA

#16 Apr 7, 2013
You probably did poorly on your math exam
El Rio

San Antonio, TX

#17 Apr 7, 2013
a mgt wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they monitor this site?
Actually, I'd be shocked if various people from corporate didn't monitor this site in some way.
Counting the days

Candler, NC

#18 Apr 7, 2013
a mgt wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know they monitor this site?
Was mentioned by my DM and LP at last MGT meeting when addressing social media policy. Came across to me as something those at the top fear greatly.
Counting the days

Candler, NC

#19 Apr 7, 2013
a mgt wrote:
O and I know plent of 5-10 yr mgts still in the running and probably will get the job
How many openings in your district? Short of EXA's? Are they all high hourly rate? What's the context?
Counting the days

Candler, NC

#20 Apr 7, 2013
blue bell wrote:
I make over 18 and I had my interview last week. The reviews allowed you to apply but after that they meant nothing. The irr meant a lot. Unfortunately many managers did not know how to give those.
My current and previous SM fought hard for me according to CL from neighboring community, and has no reason to lie about it. This was backed up by another SM who was there. And if I was highly reviewed, which I am, then something else is in play. Hence, the theme of this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walgreens does not care about your safety 1 hr Manager dude 1
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 3 hr Gene Margroff 2,017
Leaders Meeting 4 hr chalino 35
Lauren Hurst 7 hr Nadan Dunce 2
policy 7 hr Wrong 14
reviewing PPLs off the clock 8 hr Captain Prozac 6
Policy change for theft video from boston 11 hr Jeff olson 1
So it begins.. 13 hr FrankenJoe 41
More from around the web