Walgreen plans to eliminate 1,000 management jobs in fiscal 200...

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled Walgreen plans to eliminate 1,000 management jobs in fiscal 200.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Drugstore operator Walgreen Co. says it will cut 1,000 jobs this year, or about 9 percent of corporate management, through a combination of voluntary buyouts and layoffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Irked consumer

Boulder, CO

#1 Jan 9, 2009
Walgreen's needs to become efficient and customer friendly. Our local stores always are out of important items, and the managers walk around and look self important and don't know what was ordered or when it might arrive. Half of the pharmisists are rude, arrogant and can barely speak English. I just transferred all of our prescriptions to the Wal-Mart Superstore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
employee confused about rain checks 3 hr Onhell 9
Reset and Revision Clerk questions... (Oct '11) 6 hr Itdoesntmatter70 27
Shareholder meeting and board member vote 2015 9 hr Diane 5
disrespectful, belittling, managers. helpp 10 hr do tell 17
ASM promoted to SM for dating her CL 15 hr James 24
Employees: do you shop at your store? Fri seinfan01 8
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) Fri Gene Margroff 1,892
store manager schedule Fri Wagfl 21
My Walgreens My Voice Team Member survey (Apr '12) Thu CactusJack 253
More from around the web