Bonus rumor
no one

Smithton, IL

#1 Dec 6, 2009
Just a rumor of course, but one theory heard locally is that when the next bonus year starts all store mgrs/exas in a district, no matter 24hr or not, will receive the same amount. Hopefully BS but who knows.
no body

Mattoon, IL

#2 Dec 7, 2009
that is gay tell them to shove their bonuses up their ass and make walgreens a good place to work again
no body

Mattoon, IL

#3 Dec 7, 2009
min 6000 per manager and 3600 per exa is shit, tell them to take the bonus money and put it back into medical benefits and such for everyone
no body

Mattoon, IL

#4 Dec 7, 2009
would be a nice plan if too many lifetime assistants were not exas.....not enough exas perform to that level
no body

Mattoon, IL

#5 Dec 7, 2009
just a rumor "no one" will be looking for a job when the next bonus year starts
no body

Mattoon, IL

#6 Dec 7, 2009
hopefully BS but no who knows....don't care too much if he is at a 24hr store or not
LIONHEART

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2009
THIS IS NO RUMOR, ITS TRUE. 2010-2011 BONUS YEAR WILL BE BASED ON STORE PERFORMANCE ONLY. NPW THAT IS BS.
ChicagoEXA

Carol Stream, IL

#8 Dec 7, 2009
So what will the incentive be to be moved to a 24 hour store for an EXA or Store Manager?

Plus will the performance be based on strictly sales and gross profit or other KPI's?
buffalo exa

Buffalo, NY

#9 Dec 10, 2009
they are cutting the base out of the bonus with the opportunity to make it up through suggetive sell etc... performance based or some may call it chasing kpi's
Gerald

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 11, 2009
buffalo exa wrote:
they are cutting the base out of the bonus with the opportunity to make it up through suggetive sell etc... performance based or some may call it chasing kpi's
Now THAT sounds like corporate.
buffalo exa

Buffalo, NY

#11 Dec 11, 2009
well i work for a cl and he told me as did 2 other mgr's so i believe this is very likely..... supposedly news to come after the 1st of the year
Former_emp

United States

#12 Dec 11, 2009
Would you all really expect any different from corp? They have to pay their exec's salary somehow, so why not continue to rob from the poor and give to the rich.
Raymond

Mattoon, IL

#13 Dec 11, 2009
This restructure will help fund the new bonuses of the community leaders while taking away from the lower ranking store managers. They probably see store managers who aren't community leaders less fit to receive the bonus money. Did you really think they were going to pull this new community leader bonus money from funds not already available? This would answer where they are getting that money from. Must be nice to be a community leader. Not to mention the hour cuts that will most likely occur, once again, after reconstruction from the holidays is complete. You think staffing is thin this year for the holidays, wait until next year.

How will the EXA bonus be structured? I remember, as an EXA, my bonus was pretty much the same no matter if I worked at a strong store or a weak one. I would see less than a thousand dollar difference. I was often sent to weak stores to help clean them up and get them in better condition. I didn't mind because it helped to prove myself and saved me from becoming bored at a perfect store. This would have created a different turn of events if my bonus had fluctuated too much from doing so. Does anyone know what the EXA bonuses are likely to be? or even store manager bonuses as far as dollar amounts?
employee

San Jose, CA

#14 Dec 12, 2009
EXA's in San Francisco don't get bonus and are hourly. Raise is less than MGT and Pharm Tech. Don't think it will get any worse here.
ChicagoEXA

Carol Stream, IL

#15 Dec 13, 2009
If they base our bonuses off KPI's that would be a mistake. KPI's can easily be manipulated...you know what I mean
Wag Exa

Lakeland, FL

#16 Dec 15, 2009
I've asked my store manager if he knew anything about our bonus's for the upcoming year, and he said he didn't. I can tell you one thing, and I would bet most EXA's would agree. We work over 55 hours a week, and the only thing that remotely compensates us for all our hard work is that little baby bonus they give us at the end of the year. I consider that my over time pay for the year. Performance base bonus's, well I'm in a busy 24 hour store, and I do believe my bonus should be more than a slower store, for obvious reasons. I thinks that's what the company is trying to do. They want the stores that aren't producing to make less bonus, and if your in a slow store, which most beginners will end up, your bonus will be less than an experience manager or EXA that is working in a busy store.
wag bitch

Round Lake, IL

#17 Dec 20, 2009
From what i have been hearing it will not be a set bonus. It will be a max of 25% or their yearly salary. for my mgr that will really suck when his bonus is usually 50% of his salary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beauty Position 1 hr Former Sba 38
stars (Sep '14) 2 hr Yingying 73
Recent ASM interview questions 2 hr NowAnASMT 19
Quit without notice 2 hr NowAnASMT 17
Threatening at work 2 hr WHATRU 10
Self review 5 hr BOOGIE MAN 3
Employee Safety Hotline (Nov '15) 5 hr Wagfan 26
Rx robberies 5 hr CaliMGR 5
Theatro to track employees 5 hr CarlyCompass 46
Bonus 2017 8 hr No one special 25