When is the whole transition of mgt t...

When is the whole transition of mgt to shift leaders will be occurring?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Anyone know? What will you guys if they ask us to step down?
yep

United States

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Just read every thread on here. It is consistently brought. No one knows a definite date but it will be happening next year most likely. As thing progress there are more questions than answers.
PhotoChick

Spring, TX

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Several months ago people said may 2013. Now I'm hearing sometime in 2014? Does anyone else have more info? My husband is a mgt but hasn't heard anything lately.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
It is tomorrow! What no one got the memo?

Joking, The faq leads people to believe there is not set drop dead date. So that's why it is confusing. I don't even think the company knows 100 percent for sure.
PhotoChick

Spring, TX

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Okay well do you think it will be the same date for all districts? Or would some do it in may and some in August based on numbers?
Dude

Omaha, NE

#6 Jan 16, 2013
For me it is tomorrow. There really is no definitive date, but I'm hearing 100% by next year. Seeing as I'm not being chosen for ASM-T interviews, I have three options..1. Wait it out as an MGT and lose my job whenever my district changes over (tomorrow, next week, 2 months from now??) 2. Step down, keep a job or 3. Leave the company. I'm assuming once they make there way through interviews next month, they'll set a date. Oh well, 10+ years down the tubes. There is something better out there for me, I guess.
thought you should know

Dearborn, MI

#7 Jan 16, 2013
It's happening right now in district 160. The stores have started training employees while they still have Mgt's in the stores and the DM sent out a memo either step down or ride it out and maybe have a job. It will take place around March for the step down and the ASTM will take place in April. the going rate for sfl 11.50 to 14.50.
I feel your pain

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Dude wrote:
For me it is tomorrow. There really is no definitive date, but I'm hearing 100% by next year. Seeing as I'm not being chosen for ASM-T interviews, I have three options..1. Wait it out as an MGT and lose my job whenever my district changes over (tomorrow, next week, 2 months from now??) 2. Step down, keep a job or 3. Leave the company. I'm assuming once they make there way through interviews next month, they'll set a date. Oh well, 10+ years down the tubes. There is something better out there for me, I guess.
I was told that I couldn't move to a different store to improve on my PIP. One DM said they wouldn't suggest it but another one said if I feel as though I can't improve at my current location I can request the move.

I have 10+ years as well and the way the company has been over the last 4 years have been a mess. Ill never know if I passed out of the PIP. I'm still with the company. But a different position by choice due to health issues
Diane

United States

#9 Jan 16, 2013
How many employees are experiencing health problems due to the stress of uncertainty? How sadly ironic that Walgreens promotes health and happiness.
thought you should know

Dearborn, MI

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Diane wrote:
How many employees are experiencing health problems due to the stress of uncertainty? How sadly ironic that Walgreens promotes health and happiness.
A lot
Wag is joke

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jan 16, 2013
Diane wrote:
Had to go to the doctor for chest pains in the middle of December.

Company is so fickle

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 16, 2013
PhotoChick wrote:
Several months ago people said may 2013. Now I'm hearing sometime in 2014? Does anyone else have more info? My husband is a mgt but hasn't heard anything lately.
The "May 2013" you heard was the date they planned to have all the ASMT's chosen and starting the ASM training program, not the elimination of MGT. It was planned as a 2-step transition that begins with choosing the ASMT's, and giving the remaining MGT's a little less than a year to figure things out before the position's canned. However, the date for that is currently unknown. The original announcement, when the field transformation info was first released, was that MGT would be eliminated as of early 2014. ASMT or Shift Lead were the options for remaining MGT's by that time. They've since gone back on that date due to the amount of MGT's still around, and they're now saying "There is no firm date, but MGT will eventually be eliminated".
uninformed

La Porte, IN

#13 Jan 16, 2013
JMGT wrote:
<quoted text>
The "May 2013" you heard was the date they planned to have all the ASMT's chosen and starting the ASM training program, not the elimination of MGT. It was planned as a 2-step transition that begins with choosing the ASMT's, and giving the remaining MGT's a little less than a year to figure things out before the position's canned. However, the date for that is currently unknown. The original announcement, when the field transformation info was first released, was that MGT would be eliminated as of early 2014. ASMT or Shift Lead were the options for remaining MGT's by that time. They've since gone back on that date due to the amount of MGT's still around, and they're now saying "There is no firm date, but MGT will eventually be eliminated".
Very well said. Also, since you are very good at info pass this on. For those who are hoping to wait it out and get severance, there is a update on weeks paid. Its now only one week per year up to 16 weeks. There has been alot of argument on if this was true on different forums. There is a PDF at the bottom you have to open up and in there is a updated version as of January this year. I think it's pretty misleading and dirty, but that seems to be Walgreens mantra now. I am with on the 3 choices too though I feel like I want to leave on my terms, not theirs. Good luck to all of us not chose..
confused

Hobbs, NM

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Hi. I am hoping someone can clear my confusion. I thought there will be no more SM's. Only one ASM and one ASMT per store. Does that mean the current SM becomes ASM and the EXA beomes ASMT? And all current MGT's will be the SFL's? I get mixed up cuz I keep thinking there will only be a CL acting as store manager of a few stores. Thanks.
yep

United States

#15 Jan 16, 2013
confused wrote:
Hi. I am hoping someone can clear my confusion. I thought there will be no more SM's. Only one ASM and one ASMT per store. Does that mean the current SM becomes ASM and the EXA beomes ASMT? And all current MGT's will be the SFL's? I get mixed up cuz I keep thinking there will only be a CL acting as store manager of a few stores. Thanks.
The sm going away is just a rumor. Very likely but still just a rumor. All exas will become asm. Some mgts will become asmts. Those who do not make the cut will become sfls. Each store will have a sm, asm and 2 sfls. Cl stores will have an asmt.
confused

Hobbs, NM

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Okay. Thank you Yep.
wagslave

Montville, NJ

#17 Jan 17, 2013
confused wrote:
This whole thing about store managers going away was all BS. Otherwise they wouldn't still be promoting them. The transition is happening in 4 different phases depending on whose region you are in. I believe the east goes through it 1st. Each store will have an am, ask, 2-3 SFL. CL store will have an asmt. And there will be a floating asmt.
yep

United States

#18 Jan 17, 2013
wagslave wrote:
<quoted text>This whole thing about store managers going away was all BS. Otherwise they wouldn't still be promoting them. The transition is happening in 4 different phases depending on whose region you are in. I believe the east goes through it 1st. Each store will have an am, ask, 2-3 SFL. CL store will have an asmt. And there will be a floating asmt.
They were promoting people into mgts three or four months before that announcement was made
just saying

Dundee, FL

#19 Jan 17, 2013
probably before the holidays (Halloween, TG or Christmas) gotta get the new hires trained and ready to go.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 18, 2013
I thought it was happening sometimes in March or April this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preprinted labels for send out film 16 min Spectre 4
Managers to work full day Saturday's during Dec... 1 hr Chambly 19
ASM Returning to position 1 hr NowAnASMT 8
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 2 hr VetSM 143
Walgreens is the shit. 2 hr Shiiity Jimmie 1
Is Walgreens This Terrible, or Am I Ungrateful? (Apr '14) 4 hr Wagslave 13
Holiday Meeting 5 hr Itdoesntmatter70 6
r2r 7 hr DMX32 22
walgreens lawsuits: (Oct '06) Thu IT DAY X WAG NIGHT 493
More from around the web