Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21 Sep 17, 2012
LostatWAG wrote:
Were there problems with points not being awarded for items purchased and if so, how was that resolved?
We received two different bar codes to use, one for 500 pts and the other 100 pts, only if points weren't given for that specified product on sale or ad tags from the previous point sale that weren't taken down.

Guess we'll see how often we'll have to use those in the up coming weeks lol

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#22 Sep 18, 2012
Most people didnt care much about it. "sure, sign me up"

One guy, who encountered a long line due to registration, yelled at the clerk saying "NO, process takes forever, it's stupid, I'm never coming here again!"

A few regulars voiced their annoyance at such programs.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#23 Sep 18, 2012
Some text from "Walgreen's loyalty program debut intensifies drugstore loyalty battle" follows:

In all of the chain's Walgreens and Duane Reade stores this week, current members and non-members alike are being stopped at registers and sign-up tables and asked to enlist in Balance Rewards.

(Read more at http://www.dmnews.com/walgreens-loyalty-progr... )

...

There are no sign-up tables in our store. No keyboards either. Was told not to give customers a choice - just to tell them that we were signing them up. They like the "free" part. They don't like how long it takes to sign up. The computer is very slow. Lines are forming at the front register, at the pharmacy counter and at the drive-thru. What a circus.
walgemp

United States

#24 Sep 18, 2012
wagslavefornow wrote:
Some text from "Walgreen's loyalty program debut intensifies drugstore loyalty battle" follows:
In all of the chain's Walgreens and Duane Reade stores this week, current members and non-members alike are being stopped at registers and sign-up tables and asked to enlist in Balance Rewards.
(Read more at http://www.dmnews.com/walgreens-loyalty-progr... )
...
There are no sign-up tables in our store. No keyboards either. Was told not to give customers a choice - just to tell them that we were signing them up. They like the "free" part. They don't like how long it takes to sign up. The computer is very slow. Lines are forming at the front register, at the pharmacy counter and at the drive-thru. What a circus.
You can plug in a USB keyboard and it will work instantly.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#25 Sep 18, 2012
walgemp wrote:
<quoted text>
You can plug in a USB keyboard and it will work instantly.
I was told we would be fine without keyboards because the touch screens were sufficient. The words, tone, and body languaged seemed to indicate that was the end of the subject.
ASM-to-be

United States

#26 Sep 18, 2012
Yeah a few knuckle headed MGRs didn't want keyboards on the counters.
not me

Laurens, SC

#27 Sep 18, 2012
we added keyboards at every register and it works great. We also have a special code we are calling, rather than IC3 whenever the cashier is doing a rewards card and needs someone to run the other register. You just have to figure ways around this to make it work.
thespaz

Clearlake, CA

#28 Sep 19, 2012
The company line is keyboards are hindrance to efficient data entry. As a IT professional for 14 years that is total bullshit. A mouse however does fit the above statement.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#29 Sep 19, 2012
thespaz wrote:
The company line is keyboards are hindrance to efficient data entry. As a IT professional for 14 years that is total bullshit. A mouse however does fit the above statement.
you know what proves this point? The new back office. I was used to the keystrokes before when entering closing numbers to the POS controller. If you know what you're doing, you can type head.

Now, it's click, wait, click, wait, click wait.

I use to finish closing duties in 15 min of closing. Now it takes 20-25 mins due to waiting on the system to respond.

I think WAG's IT/IS department is totally incompetent. Seems like they've never taken courses in Graphical User Interfaces or efficient programming.
thespaz

Clearlake, CA

#30 Sep 19, 2012
Like I said they sent the config(Cisco) for the stores of fix it in plain text. That tells me yeah they have weak security.
walgemp

United States

#31 Sep 19, 2012
thespaz wrote:
The company line is keyboards are hindrance to efficient data entry. As a IT professional for 14 years that is total bullshit. A mouse however does fit the above statement.
I HATE the touch screen. Too sensitive for one thing, but more importantly when it comes to data input I can type very quickly without even looking on a keyboard. Not so with touch screen. I even enter money amounts with the keyboard. I only use the touch screen when I have to for specific functions.
walgemp

United States

#32 Sep 19, 2012
Plus when DTR comes out to fix things guess what they're using!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33 Sep 19, 2012
We have one person at a register just for signing up and then checking that person out. While another at a nearby register waves the people still waiting to theirs.
I wish we had keyboards. Maybe just for that one register. So it'd be faster.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#34 Sep 20, 2012
We had a keyboard but supposedly it was also causing a lag, so they took it out
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#35 Sep 20, 2012
WAGstressed wrote:
We had a keyboard but supposedly it was also causing a lag, so they took it out
Yeah, my hunch is that some stores have faster processor speeds than others in their POS systems.
myo

Broadview, IL

#36 Sep 25, 2012
As a Walgreens customer, hmm let me correct that 'former customer', I posted my reaction to the Walgreens Reward card on the Walgreens facebook page in September 2012. I returned a week later and found post had been removed. Tried to post again and was blocked. Walgreens only wants to hear/post positive comments. This is not a balanced approach. If you want your customers to save money, don't make them jump through hoops, increase the time in waiting lines swiping the cards, and potentially violate customers' privacy.
Read the fine print. It did not state that information would NOT be sold or shared with 3rd parties. Be agreeing to the card you also opted-in to Walgreens or maybe a 3rd party contacting you by mail, email, text or phone call. Is the card/savings worth all that? Think about it.
COSMIC MARGE

Mount Morris, MI

#37 Sep 25, 2012
People seem to like the cards and its pretty easy to sign up.I think it will be nice once it gets going.
walgemp

United States

#38 Sep 26, 2012
myo wrote:
As a Walgreens customer, hmm let me correct that 'former customer', I posted my reaction to the Walgreens Reward card on the Walgreens facebook page in September 2012. I returned a week later and found post had been removed. Tried to post again and was blocked. Walgreens only wants to hear/post positive comments. This is not a balanced approach. If you want your customers to save money, don't make them jump through hoops, increase the time in waiting lines swiping the cards, and potentially violate customers' privacy.
Read the fine print. It did not state that information would NOT be sold or shared with 3rd parties. Be agreeing to the card you also opted-in to Walgreens or maybe a 3rd party contacting you by mail, email, text or phone call. Is the card/savings worth all that? Think about it.
You should be writing your concerns in directly to corporate. I too have had customers say they will stop shopping here over this but most of them love it.

That being said it is now pretty much the same everywhere. Even places like Safeway and QFC require a membership to get sale prices.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#39 Sep 26, 2012
walgemp wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be writing your concerns in directly to corporate. I too have had customers say they will stop shopping here over this but most of them love it.
That being said it is now pretty much the same everywhere. Even places like Safeway and QFC require a membership to get sale prices.
I agree...there's very few stores (at least around here) that don't have a preferred card, balance reward card, etc.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#40 Sep 26, 2012
After using the system hands on for a few weeks, WAG really screwed it up on the procedure.

You see Safeway has had this card system for what? 10+years? Why didn't Wag go look at how they handle this.

1st, Safeway lets the customer slide their card or enter phone number while the clerk scans items. WAG makes us press a button, stop the entire checkout process, and fuss with the customer information.

2nd, Safeway gives you a form to fill out and mail in or take it back to them. You get the card that day and save that day. This saves time from not having to register customers during the transaction. WAG makes us register on the spot with inefficient input techniques and a system that can't handle the load.

Is it true that WAG's IT/IS department is based in India? And they've never been exposed to what's going on here in the US for years? They may be just text book learned designers/programmers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015 healthcare premium sticker shock 2 hr benfranklin 52
blue cross versus united healthcare any suggest... 3 hr Altec Lansing 13
Get demoted if you don't have 32 hours 4 hr Ssj4wag 7
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 5 hr I-hate -wag 1,147
Not so DELITED SCIRE 6 hr redder 2
Gas reimbursement 18 hr Wagster 9
PAR program 18 hr birdman3 1
MMM gone? Sun Boop 8
Store manager transitions Sat Mark douche Wagner 2

Walgreens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE