How are your customers reacting to Balance Rewards?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 22, 2012
Have there been a lot of complaints?
Good2

Naperville, IL

#2 Aug 22, 2012
DrBenwayridesagain wrote:
Have there been a lot of complaints?
Our customers don't know about it yet (I hear in September). But I can only just imagine how they're going to react!

Location hidden

#3 Aug 22, 2012
Yeah they take our concerns as "negative attitude" There are claims from MGMT that the pilot stores had a good reception from customers. That is the official story so far.
chip

Kansas City, MO

#4 Aug 22, 2012
I work in the kc market and customers generally liked it here. a few didn't but 99% did. it had a few problems, hopefully they took some of the concerns expressed by the people and fixed some problems.
wagEvangelist

Kinston, NC

#5 Aug 22, 2012
chip wrote:
I work in the kc market and customers generally liked it here. a few didn't but 99% did. it had a few problems, hopefully they took some of the concerns expressed by the people and fixed some problems.
How did you handle the staffing? We're there long lines of customers signing up? The initial rush of new sign ups seems like it will be overwhelming.
chip

Kansas City, MO

#6 Aug 22, 2012
wagEvangelist wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you handle the staffing? We're there long lines of customers signing up? The initial rush of new sign ups seems like it will be overwhelming.
wasn't bad at all. sign up was a little different, we used cards that people filled out.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#7 Aug 23, 2012
chip wrote:
Were your customers ambushed at the register? Or did your ad tags and weekly flyers clearly show them that the sale prices only applied to "balance reward card" members?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 23, 2012
New York Times article "Why Waiting Is Torture"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/opinion/sun...
chip

Kansas City, MO

#9 Aug 23, 2012
MGT-Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Were your customers ambushed at the register? Or did your ad tags and weekly flyers clearly show them that the sale prices only applied to "balance reward card" members?
I think most found out at the register. I'm sure it was in the ad but people didn't mind when we told them they needed the card for the sale price. we had problems with the wrong information sometimes, I had three cards cause they screwed up my information a few times although I condensed down to one through a phone call. we also had problems with people not presenting the card until after the whole transaction so we either had to tell them to call the number on the back of the card or void and ring the transaction over again. I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to this company but the card wasn't bad.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 23, 2012
Were there problems with points not being awarded for items purchased and if so, how was that resolved?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Aug 23, 2012
Most grocery stores use reward cards to be able to get certain items on sale anyway....this is not a big deal nor should it be.
chip

Kansas City, MO

#12 Aug 23, 2012
LostatWAG wrote:
Were there problems with points not being awarded for items purchased and if so, how was that resolved?
not really. a big problem in the pharmacy at least was that Medicare and Medicaid were awarded points on their rxs. some of the high volume patients would get five or ten bucks every month and not pay a dime. they would get mad if you didn't scan their card even though we told them you shouldn't get points. to get the points added to their card they would call a number and give them the receipt number and points would be added.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 23, 2012
chip wrote:
<quoted text>not really. a big problem in the pharmacy at least was that Medicare and Medicaid were awarded points on their rxs. some of the high volume patients would get five or ten bucks every month and not pay a dime. they would get mad if you didn't scan their card even though we told them you shouldn't get points. to get the points added to their card they would call a number and give them the receipt number and points would be added.
Haha I could totally see some of our medicaiders coming to get their free controls and looking for another hand-out while drink a mountain dew and eat a Reese's cups in the store without paying for them!!!!

Btw 98.717064% of our customers are cool I dont have a problem with them
Thanks for the reply
MGT 4 hire

Waverly Hall, GA

#14 Aug 24, 2012
Did you guys get the Balance Rewards T-shirts? There was like 1 small 2 medium 2 large and 1 xl in the box. I wear a 2xl shirt and the biggest they sent was xl, so I threw them away. I'm tired of being discriminated against for being 6'1'' and 240 lbs. I figured if I cant wear one to work, why should anybody else get to.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 25, 2012
MGT 4 hire wrote:
Did you guys get the Balance Rewards T-shirts? There was like 1 small 2 medium 2 large and 1 xl in the box. I wear a 2xl shirt and the biggest they sent was xl, so I threw them away. I'm tired of being discriminated against for being 6'1'' and 240 lbs. I figured if I cant wear one to work, why should anybody else get to.
Stop crying.[Deleted rest of reply]

Troll.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#16 Aug 28, 2012
MGT 4 hire wrote:
You only have 6 employees total?
Get Over It

Chicago, IL

#17 Aug 28, 2012
There are 4 boxes of the tshirts. I don't understand why he didn't just wear two xtra large shirts. That's the same thing, right?

Location hidden

#18 Aug 28, 2012
chip wrote:
<quoted text>
not really. a big problem in the pharmacy at least was that Medicare and Medicaid were awarded points on their rxs. some of the high volume patients would get five or ten bucks every month and not pay a dime. they would get mad if you didn't scan their card even though we told them you shouldn't get points. to get the points added to their card they would call a number and give them the receipt number and points would be added.
Someone at the call center who was handling the cardholder issues bonus points to medicare medicaid recipients?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#19 Aug 28, 2012
MGT 4 hire wrote:
our box had at least one 3 xl in it and multiple 2xls and xls....
Nobody

Elkhart, IN

#20 Sep 17, 2012
MGT 4 hire wrote:
So u discriminated those ur coworkers who had nothing to do with what size shirts were sent. Dont u realize that a free shirt is better than one pd for from our own pockets n know it will be ruined in weeks time from unloading truck n stocking, cleaning n so forth. Plus this shirt is a bettter fit than the ones we have gotten in the past. Do u get pleasure at others expense. Ur worse than the shirt people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
high copay if pharmacy sells tobacco 58 min bigpharma 3
new pharmacy guidelines 59 min bigpharma 3
No call no show - termination imminent ? 1 hr Itdoesntmatter70 10
sfl raise is bull 1 hr Itdoesntmatter70 17
Short staffed and over worked 4 hr Yoda 11
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 5 hr Walgreens worker 1,269
Bonus date 7 hr totallydone 68
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... (Mar '14) 13 hr Washington 277
Pharmacist rewire 15 hr livinginavan 36
Ex-CFO sues Wag for defamation Mon livinginavan 28

Walgreens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE