Can you apply for a job at another Walgreens location after quiting.

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Lisa

Brighton, MI

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Has anyone ever quit at Walgreens because of a Supervisor conflict and been rehired at another location?I was told to re-apply by the Employee Relations expert.My manager failed to stop or react to an on going issue for over 2 years, even after I contacted the HR resource to seek resolution for my situation. I even went as far as to write a detailed report to my C.L..I asked for a transfer on several ocassions with little success.II do not want my S.B.A. title as I do not expect that nor want it.But I would like to have the chance to see if a different work environment,might make me an even better employee. I was recognized for many customer service awards and was employee of the month several times.The tasks of finishing truck, totes tags , while keeping sales goals and a uber clean Cosmetic Department was always a pleasure for me to do. The extra work of putting up with a mean jerk, that always found reason to devalue my hard work for over two years , became too much.Advice ?
yep

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Lisa wrote:
Has anyone ever quit at Walgreens because of a Supervisor conflict and been rehired at another location?I was told to re-apply by the Employee Relations expert.My manager failed to stop or react to an on going issue for over 2 years, even after I contacted the HR resource to seek resolution for my situation. I even went as far as to write a detailed report to my C.L..I asked for a transfer on several ocassions with little success.II do not want my S.B.A. title as I do not expect that nor want it.But I would like to have the chance to see if a different work environment,might make me an even better employee. I was recognized for many customer service awards and was employee of the month several times.The tasks of finishing truck, totes tags , while keeping sales goals and a uber clean Cosmetic Department was always a pleasure for me to do. The extra work of putting up with a mean jerk, that always found reason to devalue my hard work for over two years , became too much.Advice ?
If you put in your two weeks, probably. But they might call your old sm.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 7, 2013
If you intended to stay with the company, sadly, staying until your conflict was resolved was probably your best bet. The problem definitely shouldn't have went on that long, and it's hard to say what more you could have done without knowing more about the issue, how it was reported, the responses from anyone you reported it to, etc. But, overall, that kind of thing is supposed to be 0 tolerance, and I would have to imagine a solution could have been reached with your LP supervisor involved.

So my advice to you, especially as someone who has done hiring/rehiring, would be to just move on to a different job with a different company. Use your Walgreens experience to try getting in at other drugstores if that's the type of job you prefer. Talk about your accomplishments there, and use any previous manager or assistant manager that you're on good terms with as a reference. More specifically, someone who will vouch for your performance, and whose opinion of you wasn't at all affected by the conflict or the result of it. It would be a lot easier than trying to get rehired with the same company after leaving on negative terms.
Diane

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Lisa wrote:
Our stories are eerily similar. May I ask which state you are in? I am in Arizona.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 8, 2013
It has happened many many times before. It is rather common in this area. I have seen supposedly crappy employees flourish once they changed stores. It always depends on the doofus you get for a SM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Nose Day 31 min wagslave 8
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 37 min Panterababe90 1,828
CL to DM promotion announced 2 hr wagmgr 105
Payroll period change question 2 hr return 9
so many years so little appreciation 3 hr Itdoesntmatter70 11
ASM to Store Manager promotion 6 hr wagbill 35
New Walgreen's greeting 8 hr kmwillgu 5
200 Stores Closing Sat GreenEyeShadedNer... 21
More from around the web