Anyone seen the new ppl on 1506

Anyone seen the new ppl on 1506

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

shortttttimer

Franklin, OH

#1 Jul 6, 2012
what are they thinking......someones job just got a lot harder....baggies...really
El Rio

Palatine, IL

#2 Jul 6, 2012
shortttttimer wrote:
what are they thinking......someones job just got a lot harder....baggies...really
when did this ppl come down -- today???

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 6, 2012
I checked ppl today, just had to renew an annual one, nothing about 1506.

Can you go into a little more detail over what you saw?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 6, 2012
Sounds like the PPL regarding how to deal with the freezer truck and grocery 1506 perishables.
Its not new, its something that SIMs/STLs and up got.

If eggs or something goes bad, to reduce contamination in the stock room its all gotta be separated into bags, if the freezer truck isn't cold enough, you've gotta send the truck away without unloading it.... etc. etc. etc.
MGTonsauce

Clearlake, CA

#5 Jul 7, 2012
This rule has been around since the new company took over all management of our dumpsters 2+ years ago. I have had zero sleep so can't remember the name. It is not the person who picks it up, but the one you call for extra pickups.
cubs fan

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 7, 2012
Yeah we don't do any of that bullshit.. my employees here are so lazy they leave ice cream and expired or half open milk in 1506 box. We have never done degree testing on trucks. Seriously its not truck problems.... by the time we unload and go to stock all this shit gets warm and soggy. I'd never buy any food products from here. Remember when we got those fancy laser themometers in to test trucks?..they are awesome for getting degrees of your food while cooking.. its nice
shortttttimer

Franklin, OH

#7 Jul 7, 2012
now this may be just in my district but ppl is about new changes coming down on how one does 1506. The gun will soon prompt you to be able to donate some items, which I think will be great. But the biggest pain will be liquid itema that are either damage in the process of doing truck, or from other damage. So for instance, bottle of detergent gets damage half of it leaks in tote, your going to have to use , I forgot what they call it, but its like that stuff used when there is a spill on floor, pour that in there drie.it up and put in company provided bags....for what reason I have yet to figure out....why cant it go in trash....anyways there are some other changes. I will try to look up on storenet when I go back to work Mon....to give you all a better idea

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#8 Jul 7, 2012
It has been this way in Florida for years.It is not that bad once you get used to it.
Superstar

Secaucus, NJ

#9 Jul 7, 2012
New warehouses have the space and ability to take donation boxes-hence the PPL so you would know how to.

Also, the hazardous, toxic and not enviroment friendly damaged merchandise needs to be in a seperated cointaner to be picked up and audited by "lab packer" "strong pack" " green company" whatever they call them nowadays. Adds about 30 seconds to a minutes for each item scanned as damages. So have a plan getting it done each day.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#10 Jul 8, 2012
shortttttimer wrote:
now this may be just in my district but ppl is about new changes coming down on how one does 1506.
We've been doing this for about two years. It's not that bad, actually pretty quick once you get the hang of it. Items have four possible dispositions: donated food, donated non-food, trash, or lab packer (for hazardous things, although you'd be surprised what is considered hazardous - like barrettes and lots of plastic hair thingies). The lab packer items go in a heavy-duty individual ziplock bag, then in a special white box. There is also a box for donated food and non-food. If you do your damages every day or two it is quite manageable. They've actually made the process easier since it first came out. You used to have to put a label on every ziplock bag with the item name and WIC number, and write each one in a log book. THAT was a huge pain. Now, it's just in the bag and in the box (unless the UPC is not visible through the bag, in which case you need to label it).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
asm 14 min do tell 2
News Walgreens Issues Statement Concerning DEA Agree... (Jun '13) 5 hr WAG this 39
overnight policy 7 hr overnightman 4
Walgreens employees are stealing from me! PLEAS... (Nov '08) 8 hr seinfan01 55
What items make the least money 12 hr WagLeader31246 5
New shirts 14 hr Sengalong 8
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 21 hr Demerson 2,021
Lauren Hurst Thu brittneysfl 5
So it begins.. Thu Diane 43
Leaders Meeting Jul 29 Wagyu 39
More from around the web