Miss management

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

I wanted to talk about all the money walgreens waist everyday while there laying off employees.. In my district we have a floor cleaning crew and a bathroom cleaning crew.. We pay the floor people 196 dollars a weak to clean the floor times that by 30 stores $23,520 a month just for clean floors.. Now the bathroom people we pay about $365 a month now times that by 30 stores $10,950.. Why can't management see where there throwing money away, get rid of outside costly labor and keep MGT'S!!
MGT

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Wag has cut those expenses SEVERAL times over the last two years.

It would be exceedingly expensive for Wag to buy the equipment and train employees to do floor maintenance. It's pretty much unheard of for a retail company to maintain the floors with store level staff.

As far as bathrooms go, I think the thorough cleaning once a week really does help.

As an aside, these kinds of jobs often employ people who are getting back on their feet and people who need the money much more than us MGT's.

If you want to "cut the fat" why not ask our CEO about his 26% raise in 2011?
Anonymous

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Bathroom cleaning staff in my store is Cosmetics lol there are no outsiders, so to say the company is wasting money from outsiders is area specific i suppose.
New STL

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
Bathroom cleaning staff in my store is Cosmetics lol there are no outsiders, so to say the company is wasting money from outsiders is area specific i suppose.
Yes, I worked in two different districts and we never had any outside janitors of any sort.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

OMG, you guys actually have a janitor?
Man... I wish all stores would have money to do that.
Farmacist

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

NiceThingsKitty wrote:
OMG, you guys actually have a janitor?
Man... I wish all stores would have money to do that.
If you have a" take care clinic" you must have a outside company that cleans the bathrooms (per FDA). I believe the clinic needs to be power wash ever so often.( not sure on that).

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Miss management wrote:
I wanted to talk about all the money walgreens waist everyday while there laying off employees.. In my district we have a floor cleaning crew and a bathroom cleaning crew.. We pay the floor people 196 dollars a weak to clean the floor times that by 30 stores $23,520 a month just for clean floors.. Now the bathroom people we pay about $365 a month now times that by 30 stores $10,950.. Why can't management see where there throwing money away, get rid of outside costly labor and keep MGT'S!!
When i was first hired many years ago, it was the stock boys job to clean the bathroom. Try assigning that to an employee today. Everyone scoffs at the idea that employees should clean. Every one should clean the bathrooms out be written up up or be fired. Easiest was to reduce the work force and save cleaning costs.

Another waist of money was a holiday card by the Go90 department. That was about 4k just to print and mail out (what about payroll?) Why!

How about the dvd's from last years Vegas meeting. How about the red toy tourbus handed out during Vegas as well. The bus in sims costs $23 or so. That was $175,000 if that was the actual cost and given to each store. Thedvd the cheapest would cost least 20k.

This the sane crap that happens10 years ago that lead up in this mess are in now.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Prozac wrote:
<quoted text>
When i was first hired many years ago, it was the stock boys job to clean the bathroom. Try assigning that to an employee today. Everyone scoffs at the idea that employees should clean. Every one should clean the bathrooms out be written up up or be fired. Easiest was to reduce the work force and save cleaning costs.
Where are these toilet cleaners everyone is talking about we have 3 chores rotated amongst photo/cos/front Trash,Bathrooms, and Floors. 1 night every week a crew comes in to wax the floor that's it.(mainly due to the fact we don't have a waxer or buffer)
Excuse me

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

The bathroom cleaners were sent back to Romania and deported.....

Since: Feb 12

Louisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

My store gets floor cleaned once a week, scrub every 2 wks and wax every 2 or 3 months. plus we have a guy that cleans the bathroom every monday night. And honestly our floor cleaning people suck, they either use the phone to call out alot, talk on their cell phones the whole time or do a crappy job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Severance package info 56 min putinwag 11
Nationwide LP meeting 1 hr Reindrip 74
class action 2 hr livinginavan 8
Store Manager in pharmacy before hours 2 hr livinginavan 10
Severance 4 hr waiting 2
Can we file for unemployment benefits? 4 hr waiting 15
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 13 hr Mcg 962
Stefano Pessina, who is he really, besides 8% o... 19 hr Cphtslave 6
Wasson's Weekly (Feb '12) 21 hr Lol 23