Rx will not let anyone in the restroom

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Frank Reynolds

Cleveland, OH

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Noone in the pharmacy will let anyone in the restroom.

We have a code on the door handle. Pharmacy will make a customer wait forever for someone at the front end to let someone in the restroom. Whenever a customer asks anyone in the front end of the store if they can use the restroom we just walk them back and unlock the restroom door.

When someone asks the pharmacy to use the restroom they page "Customer assistance to the back of aisle 8" multiple times until a employee from the front end which is usually short handed goes to the back of the store and lets the customer in. Sometimes by the time one of us gets there the customer is panicking.

HEY, WHEN YA GOTTA GO, YA GOTTA GO. Ya know what I'm sayin.
The pharmacy techs are usually playing on their cell phones so why cant they just let the customer in the restroom?
chip

Kansas City, KS

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Frank Reynolds wrote:
We have a code on the door handle. Pharmacy will make a customer wait forever for someone at the front end to let someone in the restroom. Whenever a customer asks anyone in the front end of the store if they can use the restroom we just walk them back and unlock the restroom door.
When someone asks the pharmacy to use the restroom they page "Customer assistance to the back of aisle 8" multiple times until a employee from the front end which is usually short handed goes to the back of the store and lets the customer in. Sometimes by the time one of us gets there the customer is panicking.
The pharmacy techs are usually playing on their cell phones so why cant they just let the customer in the restroom?
I bet you the pharmacy is busier than you realize. Go work back there sometime when someone calls out.
ThrobbingWag

Shelbyville, TN

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Pharmacy Techs are all pieces of worthless shit. They'll scream and call IC in the Pharmacy all day long. But God forbid they have to lift a finger and help out the rest of the store when the Pharmacy is dead and it's a truck day.
screwedwag

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Sep 20, 2012
ThrobbingWag wrote:
Pharmacy Techs are all pieces of worthless shit. They'll scream and call IC in the Pharmacy all day long. But God forbid they have to lift a finger and help out the rest of the store when the Pharmacy is dead and it's a truck day.
I would put any worthless piece of shit up against you anytime, you could not do their job if your life depended upon it. PS... The techs right now are the most valuable employees wag has, just ask any RXM/Rph or anyone in a suit,certainly worth more than your ass!
El Rio

San Antonio, TX

#5 Sep 20, 2012
chip wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you the pharmacy is busier than you realize. Go work back there sometime when someone calls out.
correct ---
Most people who are not part of store management have no clue what goes on in the pharmacy.
ThrobbingWag

Shelbyville, TN

#6 Sep 20, 2012
On the contrary I was my store's only CPhT not working in the pharmacy full-time. I was an HPS but I spent a good amount of time in the pharmacy and always covered lunches, IC3's, and vacations for the pharmacy staff.

You completely took my post out of context, attacked me, and didn't even address what I was saying. I never said anything about the value of pharmacy techs in this company.

So back to what I was saying: I've worked in several stores and never have I ever seen a pharmacy tech help with stocking or anything else when the pharmacy had zero scripts in the queue.

P.S. I know Intercom+ like the back of my hand. I can even awaken the full version of Windows in Walgreens computers, which Wag's DTR attempts to lock out in a very amateur way.
chip

Kansas City, KS

#7 Sep 20, 2012
ThrobbingWag wrote:
You completely took my post out of context, attacked me, and didn't even address what I was saying. I never said anything about the value of pharmacy techs in this company.
Maybe its the way you said they are all pieces of shit. I Dont think you are the brightest bulb or else you would figure shit out on your own.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Sep 20, 2012
ThrobbingWag wrote:
On the contrary I was my store's only CPhT not working in the pharmacy full-time. I was an HPS but I spent a good amount of time in the pharmacy and always covered lunches, IC3's, and vacations for the pharmacy staff.
So back to what I was saying: I've worked in several stores and never have I ever seen a pharmacy tech help with stocking or anything else when the pharmacy had zero scripts in the queue.
P.S. I know Intercom+ like the back of my hand. I can even awaken the full version of Windows in Walgreens computers, which Wag's DTR attempts to lock out in a very amateur way.
I have been at one store where Pharmacy Techs would come out and help stock on truck day. It was nice, especially because they wouldn't complain about being bored or always leaving early.

I've also been at stores that constantly called IC3 and others that didn't call it enough.

Honestly, it's about the Store Manager taking lead and partnering with the Pharmacy Manager and other Pharmacists to make sure it's running the way it should or they way they want it to.

Best stores to work at are the ones where the Store Manager and Pharmacy Manager work together.
ThrobbingWag

Shelbyville, TN

#9 Sep 21, 2012
chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe its the way you said they are all pieces of shit. I Dont think you are the brightest bulb or else you would figure shit out on your own.
How is my intelligence relevant to the discussion? Are you resorting to ad hominems because I insulted (what I assume to be) your position?
screwedwag

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Sep 21, 2012
ThrobbingWag wrote:
You said techs are worthless piece of shit, to me that means you put a value on it, and by the way, I dont believe you know intercom plus like the back of your hand, your attack on techs indicate you arent even close to being one!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Sep 21, 2012
Frank Reynolds wrote:
I work in the pharmacy and I don't play on my cell phone like other people do. That being said, I am more than happy to let people in the rest room, wait until they are done, and lock it up again. I do have to check with the pharmacist first. At times, the pharmacist tells me to page someone else to do it.

If this is an issue, I would suggest taking this up with store management and letting the store management talk to the pharmacy staff.

Just my opinion.
chip

Kansas City, KS

#12 Sep 21, 2012
ThrobbingWag wrote:
<quoted text>
How is my intelligence relevant to the discussion? Are you resorting to ad hominems because I insulted (what I assume to be) your position?
Not an ad hominem trying to sound intellectual guy. I'm a pharmacist if it matters. I wasn't telling you that you were wrong cause of your intelligence, just that you approached your statement wrong when you called all techs worthless pieces of shit. Its like the people who complain about customer service to me, if you start cussing I quit listening and think the problem is them. If you had a problem at work would you tell them "those pieces of shit"?
screwedwag

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Sep 21, 2012
chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an ad hominem trying to sound intellectual guy. I'm a pharmacist if it matters. I wasn't telling you that you were wrong cause of your intelligence, just that you approached your statement wrong when you called all techs worthless pieces of shit. Its like the people who complain about customer service to me, if you start cussing I quit listening and think the problem is them. If you had a problem at work would you tell them "those pieces of shit"?
Throbbingwag refers to techs has pieces of shit, then turns around and states he's a tech, enough said, he has no clue what he's talking about.And your correct, has soon as the swear words come out you just lost any sympathy or any help I wouldve have offered..
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#14 Sep 21, 2012
We tried locking bathroom doors it failed. We have resorted to a troll being stationed at the doors. answer a riddle and be let in or die. It has been a good experience. Very little theft in our store now. However, 1 big negative. He have went through about 400 mop heads this month. You can only use 1 per failed answer.
Ya right

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2012
screwedwag wrote:
<quoted text>I would put any worthless piece of shit up against you anytime, you could not do their job if your life depended upon it. PS... The techs right now are the most valuable employees wag has, just ask any RXM/Rph or anyone in a suit,certainly worth more than your ass!
Rxm/rph only tells you that because when your gone they will have to do everything themselves. Techs can be replaced just as quickly as a cashier. It just takes a little longer to train one. I've fired and hired a few in my time. No big deal.
screwedwag

Milwaukee, WI

#16 Sep 21, 2012
Ya right wrote:
<quoted text>
Rxm/rph only tells you that because when your gone they will have to do everything themselves. Techs can be replaced just as quickly as a cashier. It just takes a little longer to train one. I've fired and hired a few in my time. No big deal.
I am an RPH so no your wrong, it costs more and takes longer to train a tech then anybody else in the store, especially hard to replace a good tech, your fooling yourself if you think otherwise. And yes anybody can be replaced, but to replace them as quickly as a cashier, like I said your a fool

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#17 Sep 21, 2012
ThrobbingWag started a discussion thread "I Was Offered the SFL Position Today" months ago and post comments on that thread from time to time.
Ya right

United States

#18 Sep 21, 2012
screwedwag wrote:
<quoted text>I am an RPH so no your wrong, it costs more and takes longer to train a tech then anybody else in the store, especially hard to replace a good tech, your fooling yourself if you think otherwise. And yes anybody can be replaced, but to replace them as quickly as a cashier, like I said your a fool
I think you just said basically the same thing I did. Just from a different perspective. Yes they are more expensive because it takes longer + cert. thanks
mobileamusedisga y

Cookeville, TN

#19 Sep 21, 2012
screwedwag wrote:
<quoted text>I would put any worthless piece of shit up against you anytime, you could not do their job if your life depended upon it. PS... The techs right now are the most valuable employees wag has, just ask any RXM/Rph or anyone in a suit,certainly worth more than your ass!
lmao i could do 3 of their jobs useless pill fillers a machine will replace them soon
Red

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Sep 22, 2012
El Rio wrote:
<quoted text> correct ---
Most people who are not part of store management have no clue what goes on in the pharmacy.
Rx folks don't know how to multi-task. One day when they learn life will be much easier. Plus, can't the freaking techs just learn where the items in the store is located. Idiots I tell you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ASMs, ASMTs and SFLs mandatory lunch break 18 min GoEat 3
Walgreens not giving recognition I deserve, mak... 4 hr Poboysandwich 17
Lazy coworker bringing down the team 10 hr NowAnASMT 9
What authority does a asmt have over a csa 10 hr NowAnASMT 3
15 min breaks 10 hr NowAnASMT 43
ASMT to ASM 10 hr BigShotSM 5
Leadership poster 12 hr BigShotSM 20
Holiday Meeting 13 hr Wagged 3
2016 Bonus 23 hr Curious 454
More from around the web