Lazy employees emoving basic mylars t...

Lazy employees emoving basic mylars to pit something they cant find!!

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Sandy

Houston, TX

#1 Jan 26, 2013
How annoying don't they know it crests a lot more work, more stress for the ones that do their job!!!!.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Sandy wrote:
How annoying don't they know it crests a lot more work, more stress for the ones that do their job!!!!.
This is why I try and introduce employees to the AS400/Telxon system as soon as possible and teach them how to do an "item search" and read the mylars. If an item scans as "non-basic" then they put it a seperate tote and the store's leadership decides where it should go.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 26, 2013
Yeah, Altec has got it right. Item search is one of the best innovations in a long time. Another feature that item search offers, that a lot of employees don't know (even the ones who know about item search), is that the item search screen will show you the actual controlling wic# on the screen. So, if corporate sent an item substitute, you can scan it and it will not only tell you if its basic or not, and where it goes, but also what WIC# you should actually be looking for on the shelf.
newShift

Harrison, NJ

#4 Jan 27, 2013
You can tell that the system was designed by non-retail ppl. Why would you need to press f3 to scan another item. Itemsearch is used on truck days which means you are going to use it over and over again. Having to press f3 each time is a complete waste.
njsouthexa

Englishtown, NJ

#5 Jan 27, 2013
im not a huge fan of the item search feature. while it does allow for employees to easily find products, i've had to tell 2 employees they are no longer allowed to use it on truck days. They both grab a telxon, we have 2 for our store because 2 were stolen by customers if you can believe that, and they item search every single item. This is super time consuming, and it also does not teach them where products go as a whole. They search the specific product, but don't generally look at the whole section, so if the next product is right next to the one they just put out, they don't see it because they become super focused on each individual product.

Not only do they monopolize the telxons, but they have a tough time showing customers where products are located, and when pulling bins etc they don't know where anything goes without looking it up. I would rather have them item search new products, or a FEW they can't find, and take the extra time the first couple times to just look around the area to find the product. This forces them to become more familiar with the area in general, and helps tremendously in the long run i feel.

Also, these two employees have been working for Walgreens for 2+ years each at this point and they still need to item search EVERY single product they put out on truck days. While other employees can do a whole u-boat of OTC, in the same time period they each can finish 6 or 7 totes or hardware, femh, chem,(the easy quick stuff).

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2013
i agree that item search can be a crutch for some employees if youre not careful.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Maybe Walgreens could allow the Aisle411 app to show shelf location - right now the app just gives you the aisle - and then allow the employees to use their smartphone to look up the location. That would free up the Telxons.

If you are not working putting away totes in the same aisle week after week or have to face the same area repeatedly, it can take a while to learn where specific products are located in the store. Some people have better spatial skills than others.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 28, 2013
disgovernment wrote:
i agree that item search can be a crutch for some employees if youre not careful.
I used to love the item search feature until this exact problem became an issue with an employee.

How can it be possible that you work at the same store for more than a year and you face the department you work in over half of the nights a week.... Yet you are clueless as to where items are located?

How can you suggest items or help customers find products when you become dependent on item search?

Endrant.:)
mmhae

Cottage Grove, WI

#9 Jan 29, 2013
I work in a different retail establishment and we use a similar device. We keep one available for at least three departments but after 5 months in those departments I only use it for those odd items. Or of course you have the item that has not been set yet and no place to put it. I usually scan with my eyes the area to make sure that it has not been relocated to a different spot.
No one should need one for the basic nonchanging product.
proudmeat

Lebanon, IN

#10 Jan 31, 2013
newShift wrote:
You can tell that the system was designed by non-retail ppl. Why would you need to press f3 to scan another item. Itemsearch is used on truck days which means you are going to use it over and over again. Having to press f3 each time is a complete waste.
Agree, we should just be able to press enter after each search
pam

Covington, LA

#11 Feb 20, 2013
we have people who spread out the junk over the mllars or puts other things that are not in the plano. whats up with that and the mang. alows this
pam

Covington, LA

#12 Feb 20, 2013
we need to hire the boss over the boss.that tv program about the boss would be good
gtaclu

Meridian, ID

#13 Feb 20, 2013
njsouthexa wrote:
im not a huge fan of the item search feature. while it does allow for employees to easily find products, i've had to tell 2 employees they are no longer allowed to use it on truck days. They both grab a telxon, we have 2 for our store because 2 were stolen by customers if you can believe that, and they item search every single item. This is super time consuming, and it also does not teach them where products go as a whole. They search the specific product, but don't generally look at the whole section, so if the next product is right next to the one they just put out, they don't see it because they become super focused on each individual product.
Not only do they monopolize the telxons, but they have a tough time showing customers where products are located, and when pulling bins etc they don't know where anything goes without looking it up. I would rather have them item search new products, or a FEW they can't find, and take the extra time the first couple times to just look around the area to find the product. This forces them to become more familiar with the area in general, and helps tremendously in the long run i feel.
Also, these two employees have been working for Walgreens for 2+ years each at this point and they still need to item search EVERY single product they put out on truck days. While other employees can do a whole u-boat of OTC, in the same time period they each can finish 6 or 7 totes or hardware, femh, chem,(the easy quick stuff).
This sounds more like a management problem than a Telxon issue - I mean, WOW...
mmhae

Cottage Grove, WI

#14 Feb 20, 2013
The Texlon becomes a crutch many times. I work at another retail establishment (stocking overnight) I like to keep one in the department for all the stockers to use. If you run into an item that takes you more than 15 seconds to find, scan it and learn it. Since we only stock and do not see any changes that can occur during the day when a reset is done we sometimes have to relearn an area. Our areas are much larger than what is at a Walgreens. We can have 600 cases to go through not counting the misc. items that get sent out.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 20, 2013
mmhae wrote:
The Texlon becomes a crutch many times. I work at another retail establishment (stocking overnight) I like to keep one in the department for all the stockers to use. If you run into an item that takes you more than 15 seconds to find, scan it and learn it. Since we only stock and do not see any changes that can occur during the day when a reset is done we sometimes have to relearn an area. Our areas are much larger than what is at a Walgreens. We can have 600 cases to go through not counting the misc. items that get sent out.
I agree 100% with using it if you can't find a certain item in a certain amount of time. That's the way I use it. I also use it (and teach my employees to use it) if I'm unsure if an item is basic or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our beloved Pessina, awarded with International... 58 min Howdydouchie 5
Rite aid buyout 7 hr Wagsu 14
Overnight Pharmacist? Welcome to $6000 haircut ... 7 hr Rph 113
Promotion timeline 8 hr Lol 9
walgreen manager gone 9 hr wagEvangelist 8
Patriotic Americans should stay away from Walgr... 9 hr jerkstore 6
Manager hours 12 hr Jose 3
8 hour shifts cut to 6 16 hr Optimistic 10
More cuts 21 hr Rick james 33
More from around the web