Walgreen CEO compensation slips in fiscal 2012

Nov 19, 2012 Read more: NWCN.com 7

Drugstore operator Walgreen's earnings sank in fiscal 2012, and CEO Gregory D. Wasson's pay package slipped as well.

Read more

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 20, 2012
From the Associated Press:

Drugstore operator Walgreen's earnings sank in fiscal 2012, and CEO Gregory D. Wasson's pay package slipped as well.

The 54-year-old executive saw his total compensation slip 1 percent to $12 million in fiscal 2012. Wasson received a $1.3 million salary, a $1.2 million performance-related bonus and stock and options totaling $8.9 million in the fiscal year that ended Aug. 31.

Doesn't this make you sick? While I'm delighted that Wasson's pay sank, it's hardly a sacrifice. And his bonus was as much as his annual salary! How many of us get that?
Anonymous

Naperville, IL

#2 Nov 20, 2012
This is how he gets rewarded for dropping ESI? What a joke!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 20, 2012
For the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, Wasson's base salary increased 8 percent to $1.3 million but his performance-related bonus was $1.2 million, 57 percent smaller than last year, reported the Associated Press.

... So he got a base raise, but his 'bonus' got cut a little more in half?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 20, 2012
A CEO's base salary is pretty much meaningless. The salary and bonus are literally just "spending money" to someone at that level of income. The stock and options are where very wealthy people actually make money.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 20, 2012
I'm sure there are unreported perks from alot of the vendors. As you know, the CEO and the BOD are somehow exempt from the gift policy.
Hopefully, whenever this chump steps down, our next CEO will actually care for this company and its workers.
Ted

United States

#6 Nov 20, 2012
http://www.smartmoney.com/news/on/...

Thought I would post this since it lists CFO pay as well. At the corner of Happy and Wealthy!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 21, 2012
Of course the top people in a company make a lot of money. Give me an example of a top company in the world where the top people DON'T make a lot of money? You know communism collapsed right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Nose Day 24 min omg 4
ASM to Store Manager promotion 32 min comiskeybum 32
CL to DM promotion announced 1 hr blue smurf 104
red nose cost in system is 46 cents, where's th... 1 hr papa smurf 11
Power gone 4 hr WAG this 8
video Surveillance (Jan '12) 6 hr rayyvyn 8
Ungrateful employees and their fickle loyalties. 8 hr Wagofthepast 11
200 Stores Closing 13 hr GreenEyeShadedNer... 22
So fed up! Apr 16 einstein devine 24
More from around the web