Am I the only one who goes through this?

Am I the only one who goes through this?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Since: Jul 09

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#1 Jul 27, 2009
Okay, I am somewhat of a newby to Walgreens. I am an MGT and feel so pressured in this company.(Will I stay or should I go now). I was hired when there was the 45 hour work week. Loved that as we all did. A few months in, we are cut 5,000 a yr. Ouch! Here ya go...take this and now take that. MGT's are the only ones to take a pay cut and I have an idea why.

Let me explain. I have over 25yrs in management exp and this is my first retail mgt position. I have taken dog s*** ever since I started with this company. The store manager I work for now is a piece of work and thinks his/her s*** don't stink. I have worked for a few store managers that really treat employees like they are nothing let alone dog them behind their backs and then smile in their face! Imagine what they say at their meetings.

Part of my management abilities consists of the total opposite. This is how I was taught. Great customer service, praising employees, understanding them and their good and not so good qualities. Taking the not so good and working to make it stronger, if possible. Having them excel in what they are good at. Giving responsibilities and when completed, thank them graciously and being appreciative.(Without you we would have a much harder time), RESPECT..respect. Treat others like YOU want to be treated! I am so mad at what I have come to realize with this company. I take such enormous stress/ harrassment from a total a** of a boss that no matter what I do, nothing is ever good enough. Nothing. Do this...then ask, why did you do that? The verbal harrassment I go through is unbelievable and has made me sick but no matter what, I still walk around with a smile on my face. I have been told that I MUST be a b**** or I will not make it OR, here's the best one...a serious up your b*** brown noser. One of the two will get you everywhere. Yikes...

I am real, not a faker and I have my honest opinions and I treat people right. To all the store managers who think, it's your way or the highway... ummm...you know what I am trying to say. Where we you before you were hand picked by someone who knew someone who knows someone.

Oh! before I go...lol...I must also state that yes, I AM so greatful to have a job, I really am. I just hate to be searching for something else. I really had high hopes of a retirement in Wally's World.
Rumin8

New London, CT

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Your boss and mine sound like twins. I also am an MGT with a boss who is extremely unappreciative. I have told him ofen that he'd get better results if he threw some praise around a lot more often, but this company seems quite averse to that. Seems odd to me - stroking people makes them work harder; criticizing all the time kills morale and loyalty. But this is a culture of push push push, nothing's ever good enough, take the joy out of everything, don't appreciate the sales/customers we DO have, always be greedy for more. It's pathetic and creates a climate of very negative energy which DOES affect sales, in a bad way. What's the point in any of this when it's all so stressful and unrewarding? All for the stockholders? Screw them (and I'm one, so I can say that!) I'd rather enjoy my life and work than have a fat stock portfolio and die rich. Yipee!!!!!!

Since: Jul 09

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#3 Jul 28, 2009
Rumin8 wrote:
Your boss and mine sound like twins. I also am an MGT with a boss who is extremely unappreciative. I have told him ofen that he'd get better results if he threw some praise around a lot more often, but this company seems quite averse to that. Seems odd to me - stroking people makes them work harder; criticizing all the time kills morale and loyalty. But this is a culture of push push push, nothing's ever good enough, take the joy out of everything, don't appreciate the sales/customers we DO have, always be greedy for more. It's pathetic and creates a climate of very negative energy which DOES affect sales, in a bad way. What's the point in any of this when it's all so stressful and unrewarding? All for the stockholders? Screw them (and I'm one, so I can say that!) I'd rather enjoy my life and work than have a fat stock portfolio and die rich. Yipee!!!!!!
Wow, seems like we go through the same things! and I thought it was just me...whew! lol....
In all seriousness though, I can't believe that this is evidentally the Walgreens way towards some of us. I can't figure it out, what I have done or not done wrong. I have had a hand stuck in my face and told to shut up, hands slammed on counter tops next to me, embarrassed to all ends in front of customers and seriously lied to time and time again. I feel used and abused and unfortunately the much self esteem I started with, is basically down the drain. I NEVER thought I could be this stressed out in my life and I have gone through some s***. This is all aside from all the backstabbing that is done as well. I am such a friendly person and this company is taking it away from me little by little, day by day. Other MGT's are ruthless. They act nice and sweet and talk such crap. I know this because my boss asks me questions about situations that only the MGT I spoke to knew about. When I had my own business I would have never put up with this behavior and they would have been dealt with accordingly and they would be gone. I have never seen a bunch of kiss a***es since grade school. It's sickening and those are the one's who move up. They could be horrible in job performance but if they brown nose, my boss will repeatedly stick up for them and make excuses. Also, now I am worried that I may lose my job soon so is all of this really worth it if I don't have much job security? I don't know anymore. I totally agree about the negative energy, it was bad today at work. So many times I want to just walk out and quit but then what? In this economy I have no savings and am barely struggling by on our now cut down to 39.0 hrs.
Babeface

Pasadena, CA

#4 Jan 11, 2010
I hear U.
I am a Cashier,worked for the Company going on 4 Years,Female 55,My MGTS are 22,25 ,i am Overnite,Alone with Security,Sweeping Mopping Cahiering, Stocking Facing with no help.Never been late ,never just called out,exept when really sick yet in a moment of frusrtation for the lack of help i gestured to not visible to my Supervisor,The Security went and told on me and i was written up with a finale written warning.Never been written up before.So its easy to see that we all must do our best,becouse we are always more unemployed than emloyed.Take it from me ,give your best, humble urself,Let the Universe take care of the rest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Corporate (we know you're reading these) 13 min Manager with atti... 66
9000 tags this weekend! 17 min Sengalong 12
Self review 29 min Ghost of Chuck Wa... 2
Are sfls and other positions soon to become par... 2 hr happy61 14
Pulse metrics?! 5 hr FlatLine 11
rewards card zipcode problem (Jan '13) 5 hr Dgafchick 21
Walgreen stock (Oct '13) 6 hr Really 19
simplified store Wed Sigh 94
More from around the web