How Do I get Fired?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 5, 2013
I hate my job and plan on quitting soon,but I would like to get fired and draw unemployment off the hard working taxpayers.

Anyone been successful in doing this , If so please share your technique.
hrwag

Harrison, NJ

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Not gonna happen loser. We will deny you benefits for five to six months by then you will be homeless and starve to death.
ThrobbingWag

United States

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Be a very slow worker. Being slow and not getting anything done is one of the few things I know Walgreens will fire you for that you can draw unemployment from.

Bear in mind that Walgreens fights every single unemployment claim. Document everything as you go.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 5, 2013
LOL @ Walgreens fighting every claim. That isn't accurate. The decision to fight claims is a decision that lies with the individual store manager. And I personally never fight claims. It isn't even worth it. The unemployment office is staffed with mini-Obama's that are there to rubber stamp every claim coming through.
caliWAG

San Jose, CA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Basically what you need to do is get fired for an instance without getting written up for it.

My buddy got let go for "misconduct" for several instances and never received any written documentation about it. Had to hire a lawyer for appeals court, but eventually won his case and received unemployment benefits.
wagslave

Union, NJ

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Hired a lawyer to collect ueb. Does senior management know about the losers we have to work with? Maybe thats the problem. Fifteen to twenty years ago the higherups worked with better caliber of ppl now they think we are doing likewise.
mike jude

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 5, 2013
keep doing what you are doing loser! walgreens does not want your lazy ass working for them anyway! loser!
wagnbone

Shepherdsville, KY

#9 Feb 7, 2013
in my state you don't get unemployment if the company can show they gave you a chance to improve. ie documentation, grows, pips, etc. so like someone else said, basically you need to get fired without being written up. can't be stealing though cus you won't get unemployment then either.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 8, 2013
mike jude wrote:
keep doing what you are doing loser! walgreens does not want your lazy ass working for them anyway! loser!
I am actually the top performer in my store but I refuse to put up with the current BS that has been laid out before me. Another month and should have my certs then bye bye wags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stock grant 2 hr Wba 18
Walgreens dumping asst. mangers 7 hr Thenewguy 55
Yes I take it seriously. 11 hr Lol 10
ASM Oregon 11 hr 12345 3
Is it common practice.......... 12 hr Sengalong 29
caring about their employees 13 hr patient 1
Ya'll need to take a chill pill 14 hr seinfan01 3
SBA Freeze 15 hr Itdoesntmatter70 154
More from around the web