Contradictions
curious

Sanford, FL

#1 Mar 13, 2013
During my career at Walgreens I have heard so many contradictions from Store Managers , for example, put people in the jobs they are good at but all jobs are everyones responsibility. What types of contradictions have you encountered?
Job

Keller, TX

#2 Mar 13, 2013
None. Quit crying.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 13, 2013
curious wrote:
During my career at Walgreens I have heard so many contradictions from Store Managers , for example, put people in the jobs they are good at but all jobs are everyones responsibility. What types of contradictions have you encountered?
I've heard this from several managers. This is because they can't manage for crap.

It's called "chicken sh!t" management. Usually it's from lame managers who don't want to tackle any problems directly. They don't want to blame an individual for problems that was obviously caused by that one person. So instead they blame the entire staff.

One of my SMs told me to use the person who can do the job the best. YOu know what will happen in the long term? Everyone will do a crappy job hoping you won't assign them any tasks. Because you only use the hard workers, the slackers get off just standing in the front. And both get the same pay.

Another idiotic thing I've heard is that "we all work as a team". But a team has to have a leader. Yet they won't assign anyone as a leader. And with any conflicts on direction, the SM will just say you all need to work it out.

Walgreens has tons of these "go along to get along" type of managers. If you work with a bunch of knuckleheads, then a bunch of lame ideas will get through. Your store will look bad and in turn you will look bad. Ask for a transfer as soon as you can.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2013
This is why i always tell the SM that i want a say in who gets hired at any store i am in. I hate when a SM hires garbage then expects us to pick up the slack. If the SM is worth his weight he will take his management team into consideration.
grumpsmcgeek

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Mar 13, 2013
OutCastEXA wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard this from several managers. This is because they can't manage for crap.
It's called "chicken sh!t" management. Usually it's from lame managers who don't want to tackle any problems directly. They don't want to blame an individual for problems that was obviously caused by that one person. So instead they blame the entire staff.
One of my SMs told me to use the person who can do the job the best. YOu know what will happen in the long term? Everyone will do a crappy job hoping you won't assign them any tasks. Because you only use the hard workers, the slackers get off just standing in the front. And both get the same pay.
Another idiotic thing I've heard is that "we all work as a team". But a team has to have a leader. Yet they won't assign anyone as a leader. And with any conflicts on direction, the SM will just say you all need to work it out.
Walgreens has tons of these "go along to get along" type of managers. If you work with a bunch of knuckleheads, then a bunch of lame ideas will get through. Your store will look bad and in turn you will look bad. Ask for a transfer as soon as you can.
My experience is that the strong managers get neutered, de-balled, gelded when a subordinate cries to the right person above the manager. That's how they learn to "go along to get along". I went thru this back in the pharmacy with techs. God forbid you expect someone to step it up.
EXA

Buffalo, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2013
I had a store manager recently with little backbone. We'd assign a project to this one kid, who was a good enough kid but just wasnt always willing to do jobs completely. Instead of making him go back to do it right, he would just get another kid who he knew would do it right....

Thankfully he was the only one. Most mgrs ive worked with are good about that stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Making your store a Pokemon GO gym 26 min Mittleschmerz 2
Asm position going away 2 hr ASM 92
Liquor sales 2 hr gone 3
Are they allowed to keep us during a power outage 8 hr Semper Fi 10
Senior tech 8 hr Seniortech0913 1
New budgets 9 hr IT DAY WAG NIGHT 21
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 11 hr Truth 56
G.A.T.E questions 19 hr SMJ 4
Frontier project (Jun '15) Jul 20 Stop it 181
More from around the web