vacation

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 19, 2011
has anyone ever been successful at turning in a weeks vacation for cash pay? i signed the paperwork today and the manager faxed it to the district manager for approval. dont know if i will be allowed to do it or not. they acted like i was asking for a gold nugget.
evergreen pk

United States

#2 Dec 19, 2011
My sm likes when we ask for that ... the pay doesn't come from her budget an she still has people on the schedule

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 19, 2011
I never knew this could be done. Wow.

Location hidden

#4 Dec 20, 2011
NiceThingsKitty wrote:
I never knew this could be done. Wow.
i dont know if it was accepted yet or not, but i tried. it has to be approve by store manager, district manager, then the vice perident of payroll.
MGT

Louisville, KY

#5 Dec 20, 2011
It's only supposed to be done in special circumstances like if you can't take it before it expires for whatever reason.
Be for Real

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 20, 2011
You would have been more successful just taking your vacation and getting paid on your check. Too much red tape

Location hidden

#7 Dec 21, 2011
Be for Real wrote:
You would have been more successful just taking your vacation and getting paid on your check. Too much red tape
personal problems. need the money- i had 3 weeks, used 2, banked one and now am fixing to get 3 more weeks. gosh, why does everything have to be so difficult?
Common sense

Owings Mills, MD

#8 Dec 21, 2011
I know ! Getting a simple day off is like going to hell and back. So much red tape, complex algorithms getting the simplest of things done.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 22, 2011
Getting paid in cash for your vacation costs the company money - they'd be paying you both the vacation pay and your regular pay in the same week, whereas normally that week you would only get paid for vacation and nobody would get the other pay, because usually when someone goes on vacation, they are not replaced by another worker (depending on your position, of course). Everyone else is just spread thinner. At least that's how it's done in the stores I've been in.
Yes

Indian Rocks Beach, FL

#10 Dec 22, 2011
I have tried several times in the past, banked vacation due to company needs that I couldnt take I needed the money for my daughters college expenses.. turned down each time

Location hidden

#11 Dec 23, 2011
they wouldnt do it, instead to me to try something else. so am doing that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preprinted labels for send out film 16 min Spectre 4
Managers to work full day Saturday's during Dec... 1 hr Chambly 19
ASM Returning to position 1 hr NowAnASMT 8
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 2 hr VetSM 143
Walgreens is the shit. 2 hr Shiiity Jimmie 1
Is Walgreens This Terrible, or Am I Ungrateful? (Apr '14) 4 hr Wagslave 13
Holiday Meeting 5 hr Itdoesntmatter70 6
r2r 7 hr DMX32 22
walgreens lawsuits: (Oct '06) Thu IT DAY X WAG NIGHT 493
More from around the web