Delivery of RX"s
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wally

Waukesha, WI

#1 Mar 12, 2013
we are going to be doing deliveries soon. How does this work and who delivers? techs? rph's?
after slashing budget hours we are at the bare bottom of help IN the pharmacy as it is let alone take someone out and have them spend an hour or two on deliveries. would really like to get opinions regarding this.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 12, 2013
Deliveries suck. I have worked in stores that had a whole town delivery, specfic locatins (elderly housing), and the bed side delivery to hospitals.

Using a carrier is the easiest but there are loss prevention issues and is the most costly. The easiest is to specific locations at certain times.

Usually the techs would do the deliveries, but some times RPh can do it as well. There is a whole section on storenet that has policies and also guide lines how to set up deliveries.

If they are set up correctly and the customers learn the specific rules about them, then it will run smoothly. If you can get specific locations and specific pickup/ drop off times, then it will go smooth. If it is door to door, then good luck.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 12, 2013
Oh, deliveries are will probably be weighted more for tech hours than regular scripts (as in the case for drive thru scripts). If so, the more you do the more hours you should get
mmhae

Madison, WI

#4 Mar 12, 2013
Everyone that makes deliveries needs to know that their private auto insurance will not cover them if they are involved in an accident. If you don't believe me then be sure to contact your auto carrier to make sure. If you are doing store business the business is responsible for your actions and if you get injured it is workers compensation.
I'm sure what they will tell you is that while on the road you are off the clock. Do not fall for it and above all make sure that they know you expect to be covered.

Since: Mar 13

San Antonio, TX

#5 Mar 12, 2013
mmhae wrote:
Everyone that makes deliveries needs to know that their private auto insurance will not cover them if they are involved in an accident. If you don't believe me then be sure to contact your auto carrier to make sure. If you are doing store business the business is responsible for your actions and if you get injured it is workers compensation.
I'm sure what they will tell you is that while on the road you are off the clock. Do not fall for it and above all make sure that they know you expect to be covered.
You are correct. I used to work for a company that required that I be insured for business related purposes. However, with the vast majority of insurance companies, you are able to be insured for business related purposes and the company that you work for should reimburse you if you go through your own insurance company.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 12, 2013
IF this is true that Wag is looking to start delivery of scripts, I'd say the main reason is what few of the mom and pop pharmacies left DO deliver. I have one here in my town that does. Now, how they plan to implement such a program is a whole different ballgame.........
blue bell

Euless, TX

#7 Mar 12, 2013
We are going to start doing delivery through fed ex or ups. I don't think it is us actually doing the delivery.
Welcome2Walgreen s

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 12, 2013
OMG, I hate the off the clock interstore pick ups. Please tell me this is not going to be a part of our Walgreens Day! I see the buttons all over the computer to click for delivery . Hope they do hire that out!
grumpsmcgeek

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Mar 12, 2013
You know what this delivery garbage means. The end is near. This miserable company can no longer keep its head above the surf and will sink into the darkness below.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10 Mar 12, 2013
We have delivered for ages. We use an outside carrier. There is a delivery charge added to their bill. The only thing I don't like is when they add on a bunch of stuff to it. Last week a lady wanted 3 12 packs and a bunch of other stuff. Oh, and the checks are always off because we have to enter it as a cash sale in order to send a receipt with them.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Mar 12, 2013
I saw the delivery buttons appear recently. I wasn't sure if other districts were seeing them too. I asked about them and no one is saying anything.

Something is going down. The buttons appearing is not just coincidence.

Maybe they will go public with it in the second fiscal quarter 2013 presentation later this month.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 12, 2013
If we aren't making enough money off of filling the prescriptions in the store, can someone explain to me how we make money off of delivery if we are paying someone else to deliver unless we are charging for the service or we are selling them other things from the store at the same time?

Location hidden

#13 Mar 12, 2013
I read this in the news a few days ago and it just made me wonder at the time -

Google Working on Amazon Prime Competitor

March 5, 2013

"Unnamed sources are claiming that Google is silently preparing an Amazon Prime competitor called "Google Shopping Express." It's slated to undercut Amazon's subscription service by $10 to $15 USD per year, and will supposedly provide same-day delivery from local brick-and-mortar stores like Target, Walmart, Walgreens and Safeway...."

Read more at http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Amazon-Prime-Goog...
Double D

Danielson, CT

#14 Mar 12, 2013
wagslavefornow wrote:
If we aren't making enough money off of filling the prescriptions in the store, can someone explain to me how we make money off of delivery if we are paying someone else to deliver unless we are charging for the service or we are selling them other things from the store at the same time?
We get reimbursed from insurance companies. We are in the pharmacy business. If you think a bag of chips is keeping the doors open you need to find a new job. Sometimes 1 script pays for your entire week of work. Deliver if possible
wagless

Hobbs, NM

#15 Mar 12, 2013
When did delivering rx's start?
grumpsmcgeek

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Mar 12, 2013
wagslavefornow wrote:
I read this in the news a few days ago and it just made me wonder at the time -
Google Working on Amazon Prime Competitor
March 5, 2013
"Unnamed sources are claiming that Google is silently preparing an Amazon Prime competitor called "Google Shopping Express." It's slated to undercut Amazon's subscription service by $10 to $15 USD per year, and will supposedly provide same-day delivery from local brick-and-mortar stores like Target, Walmart, Walgreens and Safeway...."
Read more at http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Amazon-Prime-Goog...
On another forum I was pondering if Amazon or Google could jump into the space and just show how pharmacy should be done. Google would set up a node network of filling facilities like Netflix. This is what Wags should have done ten years ago, not build a store on every corner.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 12, 2013
Most customers that I have met want to have the certainly of having the medication in their hand - even if it is a 90 day supply.

If we ever go into drug dispensing kiosks in the pharmacy, Pharmatrust or Asteres, I think many people would choose that option over mail order.

I saw that Boots products are now available at Walgreens.com

---

Walgreens monthly sales growth will be challenging

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx...
Bubba

Hollywood, FL

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Double D wrote:
<quoted text>
We get reimbursed from insurance companies. We are in the pharmacy business. If you think a bag of chips is keeping the doors open you need to find a new job. Sometimes 1 script pays for your entire week of work. Deliver if possible
I think you may be overestimating our reimbursement over cost. We are starting a bedside/home delivery and it's barely profitable. And you lose a tech to delivery services and have to hire and train another=net loss. This is just an example of the scramble that is going on. It's borderline desperation. Independents started this out of necessity and now chains have to. Difference is the lower overhead independents have(no DMs, no RXS, little advertising, lower lease, little employee benefits, pharmacy owner willing to do whatever it takes to survive)
blue bell

Euless, TX

#19 Mar 12, 2013
Welcome2Walgreens wrote:
OMG, I hate the off the clock interstore pick ups. Please tell me this is not going to be a part of our Walgreens Day! I see the buttons all over the computer to click for delivery . Hope they do hire that out!
You should be getting paid for that
blue bell

Euless, TX

#20 Mar 12, 2013
grumpsmcgeek wrote:
You know what this delivery garbage means. The end is near. This miserable company can no longer keep its head above the surf and will sink into the darkness below.
Or it can mean we are adapting and giving more options. This keeps them from going to mail order. Part of the reason we started 90 days was to compete with mail order.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Using banked sick days during pregnancy or for ... 33 min Howdydouchie 16
HPS elimination 5 hr wacko 134
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 6 hr PanteraBabe90 2,057
Re-title of Store Manager 7 hr walgreensucks 64
Theranos 9 hr Uncle Joey 3
ASMs. Does anyone like their job??? 15 hr seinfan01 45
Employees.... how would you define favoritism? 15 hr wantwhatiwant 42
Restructuring in 2015 (Nov '14) Wed WAG this 103
Something big next.. Tue ShampooLady 29
More from around the web