How many pharmacists are ready to jum...

How many pharmacists are ready to jump ship?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

eaglepar

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2011
As for me, Bon Voyage lol
Common sense

Owings Mills, MD

#2 Nov 30, 2011
I just welcomed back a person who jumped ship 3 years ago. Back then I remember and I quote the person saying I can't take this anymore, wag was the worse etc.
Wonder what happened, I didn't bother asking, probably will soon.
joe

Midlothian, IL

#3 Nov 30, 2011
The grass is greener on the other side. Trust me. Walgreens is a slave driver company . I am going to leave also and wil never ever come back. I would much rather work as door man than be a pharmacist for walgreens.Good luck to all except to Wasson and Wagner they could go to hell as far as my concern.
eaglepar

Proctorville, OH

#4 Nov 30, 2011
I'm going the hospital route this time around and may stay on as a prn person

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 30, 2011
I'm staying. 20+ years and most of them as a pharmacist, I have seen the company change over the years. I do miss a lot of the old stuff, but companies need to change or become dinosaurse. Look at the company's history. It has changed many times to adjust in an ever changing industry.
eaglepar

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2011
I think retail in general is a sinking ship--within 10 years the retail pharmacist will be obsolete. Technicians will be doing all dispensing and pharmacists will be available for consultation via video or phone. I have 3 years with company but I'm not sticking around full time to watch this company further destroy our profession.
Ariozna RPh

Gilbert, AZ

#7 Dec 1, 2011
They could pay me another $15 an hour and I wouldn't stay. I've interviewed with a few companies and they all think my tech hours to scripts ratio is downright dangerous, not to mention adding another 2 to 3 things for me to do every month. FYI, POWER is a joke. The quality of people they have working there is minimal.
Wagbag

Painesville, OH

#8 Dec 1, 2011
Walgreens is not ruining pharmacy.$4 generics is though and I blame any pharmacist that would work for such a company ( walmart) just as responsible. Third party payors now think that companies can really operate with these $4 rxs and so they want to cut reimbursement accordingly.

I have 15 years in. Im frustrated and out right mad most days but its not going to be better anywhere else. Different...yes. Better.....no.
eaglepar

United States

#9 Dec 1, 2011
Wagbag wrote:
Walgreens is not ruining pharmacy.$4 generics is though and I blame any pharmacist that would work for such a company ( walmart) just as responsible. Third party payors now think that companies can really operate with these $4 rxs and so they want to cut reimbursement accordingly.

I have 15 years in. Im frustrated and out right mad most days but its not going to be better anywhere else. Different...yes. Better.....no.
Not any better in any retail setting. Yes, Walgreens is helping to destroy the profession--they are looking for every possible way to get the pharmacist out of the pharmacy and I'm
not talking about being an otc advisor or consultant. They can pay technicians a whole lot less to do the dispensing/management.
WAG is a Drag

Hoffman Forest, NC

#10 Dec 4, 2011
I want out bad, but I would not jump from retail to retail. They are all practically the same now.
eaglepar

Boynton Beach, FL

#11 Dec 5, 2011
Hospital salaries have been increasing in my area and retail salaries are decreasing (especially for new grads). I've had enough of full-time retail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Promotions 14 min Not really 7
Raises 12 hr Ytg 1
Exceeding Expectations 13 hr Wag_Sfl 4
Lots of people getting ZERO pay raise. 15 hr Mark Swagner 17
What kind of review will get you a raise and/or... 17 hr Cmon man 27
Walgreens gives up legacy devices 19 hr hello 11
Several SMs planning on leaving 19 hr Mgr in TX 14
Store managers to get 40% pay increase. 20 hr Seriouslywtf 36
Bonus 2017 Wed Itsjustajob 68
More from around the web