mnwagtech

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

I find this cap off of pay crap personally. It is not fair to us that have been with the company and work our tails off just to get nothing in return. I am seriously considering quitting. I know they say that I am a "valued employee" well then show it.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

mylifeforthewaaaag wrote:
The big question that no one can seem to answer. Is will new senior techs get the average bonus put on wages for the store? Meaning ones promoted after changes take effect.
That is the change in a nutshell... New senior techs will not get ANY bonus. Current techs get to keep their current pay, but maybe no future pay raises.
moomoo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

It's still better than MGT's are getting.
kermit walgreens

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

I'm sure our raise will not make up for bonus lost....
Wagscpht

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

So what I'm understanding in my reading us this. Let me know if I'm correct. There really us no benefit to becoming a senior pharm tech other than a slight payraise to the the rate scale. No additional bonus. And with current Sr. Techs, this is the last year that you receive a bonus. And your bonus is rolled into your pay rate.(if that is true, the bonus stays consistent each year since its rolled into your pay rate). They can't very well lower your pay rate next year to adjust for the bonus. Correct?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Now that I have seen the current pay scale for senior technicians and understand how the bonus for senior techs was calculated, I can see how Walgreen was able to keep from losing them to hospitals which I have heard pay more than retail.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Wagscpht wrote:
So what I'm understanding in my reading us this. Let me know if I'm correct. There really us no benefit to becoming a senior pharm tech other than a slight payraise to the the rate scale. No additional bonus. And with current Sr. Techs, this is the last year that you receive a bonus. And your bonus is rolled into your pay rate.(if that is true, the bonus stays consistent each year since its rolled into your pay rate). They can't very well lower your pay rate next year to adjust for the bonus. Correct?
I think you might be guaranteed a certain number of hours if you become a Senior Tech. I don't know if this is true - I have gotten different answers on this topic.
thespaz

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Not really in my market SR Tech will make less if they go to a Hospital. Heck CMAs start out less in some towns near me.
screwedwag

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Wagscpht wrote:
Actually with ESI coming back our script counts will go up, they are basing the bonus off of July the slowest month of the year when your bonus will be less, so sctually you will be busier and loose out on additional pay ( bonus ) because there will no longer be a bonus, really unless your a long time SR Tech there is no reason to become one, all it will do is bring you more responsibilty for no incentive.
walemployee

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

apharmtech wrote:
Heard from a little birdie that yes things will change... Mostly for long timers like myself. There will be a cap on pay, which means I will take a pay cut & for sr. Techs , the bonus will somehow be rolled into the pay .. So there goes my bonus too. NICE...
You will not take a pay cut, you will just not get a raise but you can get a bonus if you get a good review.
walemployee

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

you will not take a pay cut but will not get a raise, but you will get a bonus if you get a good review
No Name

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Yes that all sounds good until Managers and Pharmacy Managers have the pressure put on them to NOT give good reviews to save the company money. Trust me. That is how these things ALWAYS turn out.
screwedwag

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

No Name wrote:
Yes that all sounds good until Managers and Pharmacy Managers have the pressure put on them to NOT give good reviews to save the company money. Trust me. That is how these things ALWAYS turn out.
My understanding is if you are above cap, no matter how good your review sr tech wont get bonus, I maybe wrong but what of my techs told me that.
wagtech

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Does anyone know, if the added on bonus to the hourly wage is included in the cap rate?

Cuase if that is true, then we will reach our caps pretty soon.
Anonymous

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

wagtech wrote:
Does anyone know, if the added on bonus to the hourly wage is included in the cap rate?
Cuase if that is true, then we will reach our caps pretty soon.
Yes

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

I've heard that senior tech bonuses will be included in hourly pay now and that the bonus will be dependent on script volume. Does anyone know what the bonus scale is?
Sickofthis

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RacingFan20 wrote:
I've heard that senior tech bonuses will be included in hourly pay now and that the bonus will be dependent on script volume. Does anyone know what the bonus scale is?
this has been going on for sometime now, where have you been? I hope your more attentive to your job then you are to this topic.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Don't be a smart ass, moron. I just started on this site, so I'm still reading threads.
datgovernment

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

RacingFan20 wrote:
Don't be a smart ass, moron. I just started on this site, so I'm still reading threads.
Haters are gonna hate.

If you're a fairly new senior tech like I am (6 months) then you will not be receiving bonuses. If you have been one for sometime it'll be rolled into your normal pay. The main incentive to be a senior tech now is so that you won't have a lowered pay cap. In my district it was 13.00 for normal techs and I believe 16.50 for senior techs. Those caps however will be reassessed each term and may go up or stay the same. The company wants all techs to push to be senior techs. This helps dwindle out anyone who doesn't want to work harder. However, I know a few senior techs who are already at their cap and are curious to see how much their cap gets raised next term. What's the incentive now you ask? Keeping your job.
Sickofthis

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

RacingFan20 wrote:
if you read the threads, you would known the answer, not trying to be a smart ass, just seems like quite of a delayed reaction that's all, don't take it personally!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
asm hours 25 min EXAasm 15
Walgreens on Facebook- Epic comments 6 hr Quitin-time Wag 1
Trimming the fat 7 hr Realistic 4
Walgreens Lean Six Sigma 8 hr Employee 11
hacked!? 9 hr theborg 13
Why & How I left Walgreens 11 hr Forrealyo 21
Yearly review 17 hr imdefinitelynotanSFL 21
Store Manager in pharmacy before hours 18 hr SusieWAG 52
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) Wed Model Citizen 983
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... Wed Come on now 181
Nationwide LP meeting Jul 26 Lol 84
•••
•••