First Prev
of 6
Next Last
apharmtech

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2012
Any one know if the bonus structure will change for senior techs? I've been with the company for 17 years now and with all the mgr cuts, I'm concerned
PHX RXM

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jul 3, 2012
If I remember right, the structure for the Senior Techs wasn't going to be changed.
apharmtech

United States

#3 Jul 11, 2012
Heard from a little birdie that yes things will change... Mostly for long timers like myself. There will be a cap on pay, which means I will take a pay cut & for sr. Techs , the bonus will somehow be rolled into the pay .. So there goes my bonus too. NICE...
30yeartechhere

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone know for sure if what apharmtech is saying is true? Because I was told there are no plans for SR Techs.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 12, 2012
apharmtech wrote:
Heard from a little birdie that yes things will change... Mostly for long timers like myself. There will be a cap on pay, which means I will take a pay cut & for sr. Techs , the bonus will somehow be rolled into the pay .. So there goes my bonus too. NICE...
This is mostly true.There will be a cap but if you are above it you wont take a paycut.You will get a raise next month and that is it unless they change the cap.The bonuses are being rolled into your pay.They have not released info on how much it will be.
30yeartechhere

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Jul 12, 2012
xvef wrote:
<quoted text>
This is mostly true.There will be a cap but if you are above it you wont take a paycut.You will get a raise next month and that is it unless they change the cap.The bonuses are being rolled into your pay.They have not released info on how much it will be.
So the bonuses has they stand now, based on script sold is being formatted differently or is it based the same. See we get a bonus every paycheck now, so Im confused exactly how they will be rolled into our pay. If you have more info I would appreciate it.Thanks

Location hidden

#7 Jul 12, 2012
No more then what I posted,We were given a rate sheet showing the caps for all positions at store level.The max you can make depends on what Geographic Zone you are in.Here are some numbers.I am using Zone C as the example here,

PHTC-10.50-13.50
SPTC-13.50-17.25.

As of September the SPTC bonus is no more.I think 17.25 is the max they will let you make here no matter how they decide to pay a bonus.
Patience

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 12, 2012
how big is the Sr Tech bonus today?
30yeartechhere

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Jul 12, 2012
xvef wrote:
No more then what I posted,We were given a rate sheet showing the caps for all positions at store level.The max you can make depends on what Geographic Zone you are in.Here are some numbers.I am using Zone C as the example here,
PHTC-10.50-13.50
SPTC-13.50-17.25.
As of September the SPTC bonus is no more.I think 17.25 is the max they will let you make here no matter how they decide to pay a bonus.
When did this info come out and what if you make over the cap? Zone C is located where? Thank You for all your info.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 12, 2012
All employees should be told of this over the next couple weeks.We were told to go ahead and start discussing now with our employees.

If over the cap you still get your August payraise but then are frozen unless the cap is changed.

There are 5 geographic payzones A-E

A being the cheapest place to live and E the most expensive.I dont have all the markets but know a few.

I can tell you Chicago is a Zone B and Phoenix a Zone C.SF is a Zone E-I think that is probaly because of unions though.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 12, 2012
Do you have to be full-time to become a senior technician?

Is there a minimum or maximum number of senior technicians allowed at each store?

(I am getting conflicting reports on these topics.)
PHX RXM

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jul 12, 2012
wagslavefornow wrote:
Do you have to be full-time to become a senior technician?
Is there a minimum or maximum number of senior technicians allowed at each store?
(I am getting conflicting reports on these topics.)
I don't have a definite answer on the full-time but I do believe that it is strongly preferred. But I know that there is no cap on senior techs. I know of stores that have 6 senior techs and my store has none.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 14, 2012
PHX RXM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a definite answer on the full-time but I do believe that it is strongly preferred. But I know that there is no cap on senior techs. I know of stores that have 6 senior techs and my store has none.
Thanks for the information.
Walg123

United States

#14 Jul 16, 2012
Any updated news on Sr. Techs? I'm 'over' the cap and concerned. Thanks
apharmtech

United States

#15 Jul 20, 2012
Walg123 wrote:
Any updated news on Sr. Techs? I'm 'over' the cap and concerned. Thanks
I'm an overnighter and have been off for my week plus some vacation time... I'll go back Tuesday night... Might find out more then. I too am a long timer (17 years) and am worried not only about pay, but also losing bonus money

Location hidden

#16 Jul 20, 2012
apharmtech wrote:
no one is exempt from this change. some store mgrs have already been told they are capped and bonus structure radically changed. welcome to the new world of well
wagthedog

San Jose, CA

#17 Jul 20, 2012
senior tech bonus will be converted into hourly wage. ie, if you make 14 per hour and you currently make 1.50 per hour in sr tech bonus, then your new rate will be 15.50. then if you are above the max pay rate for your region, you will never get a another raise unless their is a cost of living adjustment.

if you're over the max, you don't get cut, you just don't get raises any more.
No Nmae

Tucson, AZ

#18 Jul 27, 2012
PHX RXM wrote:
If I remember right, the structure for the Senior Techs wasn't going to be changed.
According to my Store Manager, the senior tech premiums on each paycheck are going away. That is a change.:-( But according to the later posts, it's going to be converted into our hourly wage. I hope that's the case. I can't afford to lose any money right now.
apharmtech

United States

#19 Aug 8, 2012
Had "the talk" with the store mgr finally today. Sr. Techs will not loose their bonus... It will roll into their hourly wage . At this point I am over the scale, so I will get this years raise, but probably won't see another one....( 17 year tech)
mylifeforthewaaa ag

Clearlake, CA

#20 Aug 8, 2012
The big question that no one can seem to answer. Is will new senior techs get the average bonus put on wages for the store? Meaning ones promoted after changes take effect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phlex - Pharmacists working from home 1 hr Wagsucks 27
Walgreens employees are stealing from me! PLEAS... (Nov '08) 1 hr HFC 46
old exas.....how many have been eliminated in ... 4 hr waggyp 3
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 4 hr gene margroff 1,632
3,000 sweepstakes drawing is being questioned (Feb '13) 12 hr jwe1992- 27
40, 000 poiints (Jul '14) 17 hr zigster10101 30
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... (Mar '14) Fri The days of our Wags 343
Mandatory staff pharmacist meeting at our marke... Fri Mgr_FL 21
WAG Rx Supervisor Position is Eliminated Feb 1st Fri still waiting.... 68
you guys missed this... Fri WAG this 26
More from around the web