walgreens mess
pam

Covington, LA

#1 Mar 14, 2012
this company has gotten bad when it plays with the welfare of the people that work there. why not demote from the top? More money there to be saved.hope you all can sleep at nite cause this company is going to pay dearly for what there doing and its beginning already
John

Winchester, VA

#2 Mar 14, 2012
Just wait until Medco gets swallowed up my ESI, I can see WAG's 7000+ stores being whittled down. Which makes sense, since how can they justify keeping stores open that do not turn a profit. I bet bigger cuts are yet to come.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 14, 2012
pam wrote:
this company has gotten bad when it plays with the welfare of the people that work there. why not demote from the top? More money there to be saved.hope you all can sleep at nite cause this company is going to pay dearly for what there doing and its beginning already
i agree with you 100% they should start from the top and cut out all the bonuses! why should they get one and the assistants get nothing. that would save a lot of money
outsider

Miami, FL

#4 Mar 14, 2012
The sign of the times, u are all free to leave and look for something better. Do not stress over these changes.
Go into your own business like Amway, Herbal life, Avon,etc, or do what u really want to work at. Why are some drowning in fear, a job is a job. You all say there will be cuts,then start cutting back in your daily lifestyles. There are many one income families doing just fine.The best to u all!
Dont have to like it

Fate, TX

#5 Mar 14, 2012
outsider wrote:
The sign of the times, u are all free to leave and look for something better. Do not stress over these changes.
Go into your own business like Amway, Herbal life, Avon,etc, or do what u really want to work at. Why are some drowning in fear, a job is a job. You all say there will be cuts,then start cutting back in your daily lifestyles. There are many one income families doing just fine.The best to u all!
I agree. All wags is doing is paying inline with retail industry standards. Thats fact
What ta do

Oceanside, CA

#6 Mar 14, 2012
Dont have to like it wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. All wags is doing is paying inline with retail industry standards. Thats fact
No what wag is trying to do is give me a demotion of $800 a month for no reason and still expect me to do the same job. I don't care if they wanna align with the other company's on how they pay people. It's wrong that there shitting on there employees that helped them to get to where this company is today..
Tozai

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Mar 14, 2012
They are getting in line with task assignment more so than rate of pay "what ta do". I have not had a "manager" give me a refund at any other retailer in many years, the targets and publix's of the world have been using shift leads to do your job for many years. If you are good at what you do seek the Asm or asmt position, if you are mearly an overpaid stock/clerk and can not "lead" then the sfl position is for you.
Dont have to like it

Fate, TX

#8 Mar 14, 2012
What ta do wrote:
<quoted text>
No what wag is trying to do is give me a demotion of $800 a month for no reason and still expect me to do the same job. I don't care if they wanna align with the other company's on how they pay people. It's wrong that there shitting on there employees that helped them to get to where this company is today..
What u fail 2 realize is you r overpaid , im an mgt a very good 1. Guess what. We r overpaid! Its not a demotion, u r just spoiled!
Geraldo

Houston, TX

#9 Mar 14, 2012
Tozai wrote:
They are getting in line with task assignment more so than rate of pay "what ta do". I have not had a "manager" give me a refund at any other retailer in many years, the targets and publix's of the world have been using shift leads to do your job for many years. If you are good at what you do seek the Asm or asmt position, if you are mearly an overpaid stock/clerk and can not "lead" then the sfl position is for you.
The question is not simply "can you lead". It's also a matter of, do you WANT to lead a store that has an ever revolving door of SFLs?
Tozai

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Mar 14, 2012
Geraldo, I eventually see the sfl position becoming very stable. Once the turmoil of the change is over with each SM will be responsible for their own sfl's, instead of being gifted great or poor performers from a district pool. I am curious since the position is store based will SM's be able to choose who they want when the conversion happens 2 yrs from now. Once the pool of overnighters is drained the store with a daytime need will be able to choose internally or hire a new applicant; there will be plenty of apps to choose from for the position. It will be on th SM to hire the right fit.
get a grip

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 14, 2012
Dont have to like it wrote:
<quoted text>
What u fail 2 realize is you r overpaid , im an mgt a very good 1. Guess what. We r overpaid! Its not a demotion, u r just spoiled!
Ok so with that way of thinking why doesn't Wags just put up kiosk every where in the store, with some vending machines, fire all the over paid useless stl's and mgrs drop your pay by 45k and you can run the store open to close......now that's some money saved!
Little Hurdle

Iron River, WI

#12 Mar 14, 2012
Yes it is a shock at first when they first tell you. What am I going to do! Yes they build to many stores so fast but look at all the people that come into the stores and shop. They not only shop but they would like to see your faces and talk. Walgreens did not tell us we don't have a job they said you have choices. Beleive me I have been with the company over 25 years and it is a kick in the pants, look at all the people that are out of jobs, that is it your done. Sorry . Walgreens gave us choices and they will be finding out who will be the asm and asmt. After two years they will make the decision. If you are not up to there expectations then you will be gone. I think they treat there employees good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horizon Tablet 39 min Serious_-eye rol-l_ 30
Shift lead is a A-hole 3 hr wag2003 19
This company is going down the toilet. Any thou... 4 hr William 10
Retiree Medical Coverage 8 hr EVH5150 9
My voice my survey not 100% confidential 11 hr WHATRU 21
rewards card zipcode problem (Jan '13) 13 hr WBA 34
Is this allowed? Need feedback and advice 16 hr EXasm 10
Bonus 17 hr WBAller 14
simplified store 18 hr Sigh 117
Store Managers off Christmas Eve??? 21 hr SCMGR 13