Senior technicians and bonuses

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Mar 28, 2012
Do senior technicians really get bonuses?

Someone mentioned it on another discussion thread.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 29, 2012
another retail wkr wrote:
Yes, I'm pretty sure they get a small bonus. It's nothing like what the SM or EXA get; I think it's just a small dollar amount which is based on how many scripts their pharmacy fills, i.e., a set amount for less than 100, a set amount for 100-199, a set amount for 200-299, and so on and so forth.

Location hidden

#3 Mar 29, 2012
WAG4LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm pretty sure they get a small bonus. It's nothing like what the SM or EXA get; I think it's just a small dollar amount which is based on how many scripts their pharmacy fills, i.e., a set amount for less than 100, a set amount for 100-199, a set amount for 200-299, and so on and so forth.
Thanks. I feel more like a mushroom every day.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Thanks. I feel more like a mushroom every day.
Don't feel too left out. There really wouldn't be any reason for you to know that unless you were looking to go into pharmacy.:)

Location hidden

#5 Mar 29, 2012
WAG4LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel too left out. There really wouldn't be any reason for you to know that unless you were looking to go into pharmacy.:)
I do work in the pharmacy. I have the least seniority in my store. I was afraid I would be let go. I have survived so far.
Red

Los Gatos, CA

#7 Mar 30, 2012
Yep plus premium pay on The weekends
hopingfor the best

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Mar 30, 2012
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep plus premium pay on The weekends
Your wrong, they do not get premiums for weekends, they get it if they work past 9pm, just like the rest of employees.
Red

Los Gatos, CA

#9 Mar 31, 2012
hopingfor the best wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong, they do not get premiums for weekends, they get it if they work past 9pm, just like the rest of employees.
NoPe I'm right. The tech has to be coded señor tech. Look at there time clock
hopingfor the best

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Mar 31, 2012
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
NoPe I'm right. The tech has to be coded señor tech. Look at there time clock
This does not apply in our area.
Wagmgr

Sayre, PA

#11 Mar 31, 2012
WAG4LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
The senior tech gets what would be considered a PM on each script they enter and fill. It comes out in their paychecks each pay period.
hopingfor the best

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Mar 31, 2012
Wagmgr wrote:
<quoted text> The senior tech gets what would be considered a PM on each script they enter and fill. It comes out in their paychecks each pay period.
Actually its based on sold scripts.
Wagmgr

Sayre, PA

#13 Mar 31, 2012
<quoted text>Actually its based on sold scripts.
That is factually true, but sold scripts that they prepared.
hopingfor the best

Milwaukee, WI

#14 Mar 31, 2012
Wagmgr wrote:
<quoted text> That is factually true, but sold scripts that they prepared.
Right, but alot a prepared that are never picked up, they dont get a bonus on those, only sold ones
Wagmgr

Sayre, PA

#15 Mar 31, 2012
<quoted text>Right, but alot a prepared that are never picked up, they dont get a bonus on those, only sold ones
That is a very good point.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 31, 2012
Katvondsis wrote:
That's not happening anymore. Our techs in the district are taking pay cuts. Walgreens is going to pay what's fair in this field. Since Walmart. Cvs. Target pay less so will Walgreens. Industry standard. And no union. They can cut hours. Lower hourly wages and there's nothing anyone can do.
Could you give more information on the technician pay cuts you have seen in your district?

Location hidden

#17 Mar 31, 2012
Wagmgr wrote:
<quoted text> The senior tech gets what would be considered a PM on each script they enter and fill. It comes out in their paychecks each pay period.
Can someone explain to me what a PM is? Does the technician get the "PM" for each prescription that is entered by that technician, filled by that technician, and sold by that technician or just some other combination of those actions?
hopingfor the best

Milwaukee, WI

#18 Mar 31, 2012
<quoted text>
Can someone explain to me what a PM is? Does the technician get the "PM" for each prescription that is entered by that technician, filled by that technician, and sold by that technician or just some other combination of those actions?
A tech gets a bonus based on the number of sold scripts from the previous month, ex: 400-500 scripts sold your bonus would 1.00 an hour more or equal to an additional 80.00 per pay check, however if you call in sick you do not get bonus for that day so you would loose 8.00, you do however get bonus for vacation day.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 31, 2012
<quoted text>A tech gets a bonus based on the number of sold scripts from the previous month, ex: 400-500 scripts sold your bonus would 1.00 an hour more or equal to an additional 80.00 per pay check, however if you call in sick you do not get bonus for that day so you would loose 8.00, you do however get bonus for vacation day.
This is all news to me.

This could explain why the senior techs don't like to enter prescriptions for other stores, even if it is slow, and why some of them stay signed on everywhere if they are signed on the scale at the filling station. I sign them off if I am working at any of the computers or the scale for any length of time.(I don't want someone else's initials associated with any mistakes I might make at that station.) Sometimes people get mad at me when I sign them off the computer or the scale but they never say why. Maybe the bonus is part of the reason they want to stay signed on.
hopingfor the best

Milwaukee, WI

#20 Mar 31, 2012
<quoted text>
This is all news to me.
This could explain why the senior techs don't like to enter prescriptions for other stores, even if it is slow, and why some of them stay signed on everywhere if they are signed on the scale at the filling station. I sign them off if I am working at any of the computers or the scale for any length of time.(I don't want someone else's initials associated with any mistakes I might make at that station.) Sometimes people get mad at me when I sign them off the computer or the scale but they never say why. Maybe the bonus is part of the reason they want to stay signed on.
Explain how you think the bonus would have any affect whether youre signed on to a scale or not, or helped other stores, like I said the bonus is based on sold scripts, you would think they would want to be at the register right?

Location hidden

#21 Apr 1, 2012
<quoted text>Explain how you think the bonus would have any affect whether youre signed on to a scale or not, or helped other stores, like I said the bonus is based on sold scripts, you would think they would want to be at the register right?
Wagmgr wrote in reply #13 on this topic "That is factually true, but sold scripts that they prepared."

So here is my thinking -

If the senior tech bonus is based on how many prescriptions you sell, which you entered and filled, you would need to make sure that your initials are associated with the prescription being entered and filled first.(You could allow other people to enter prescriptions on a computer that you are logged onto, fill prescriptions using a scanner/scale that you are logged onto, and sell at a register that you are signed onto.)

Following this logic, if you are a senior tech and didn't enter and fill the prescription, you would not get any bonus associated with selling it since you are not credited with having entered and filled it.

I can see where having the senior tech get some bonus associated only with completing all three steps might keep them motivated to do all three steps.(Certainly if the customer is waiting, it would be easier for a senior technician to complete all three steps and ensure that they are the one selling it to the customer.)

If a senior technician does not get any bonus for entering prescriptions for other stores, because those prescriptions would not be filled and sold by the entering technician and therefore no bonus would be earned, this could lower the motivation to enter for other stores. If a senior technician does not get any recognition for entering prescriptions for other stores, this could also lower motivation.

(I could be completely off track and maybe people want to stay signed on because our management is keeping of every keystroke and the numbers involved in workload balancing and everyone is very nervous.)

I do plan to find out exactly is involved in this bonus, and any other bonuses any technician might get, as soon as I can and share the information with the other, non-senior, technicians that I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
digital coupons 1 hr frustrated shopper 4
Finally some GOOD news for store level employees 2 hr Whachutalkinboutw... 10
ASM-T math worksheets 4 hr Waggggz 2
MGR’s being forced to work full days on weekend... 5 hr AzMgr 16
Unbelievable. This is the final straw. 5 hr AzMgr 5
SM cutting my hours 9 hr ASM 8
Manager Starting Rates Dropped $5,000 12 hr Straxxton 29
New Store Format Coming Soon 13 hr Watsons butt love 15
More from around the web