Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Are any positions at Walgreens resourced out to "save" money?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Good2 wrote:
Are any positions at Walgreens resourced out to "save" money?
OOOPs....meant "Outsourced" out!
MGTonsauce

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Almost the entire accounting department and Intercom Plus support. The two listed are outsourced. I am not sure about more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

MGTonsauce wrote:
Almost the entire accounting department and Intercom Plus support. The two listed are outsourced. I am not sure about more.
Thanks MGT. I was wondering about in store positions.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Good2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks MGT. I was wondering about in store positions.
you mean if you need a $14.99 return, and you do a video chat through the internet with Raj in New Dehli? I guess you can scan his employee ID card through the video screen? Or remote login using storenet ID?

Seriously though, how do you outsource a retail store manager?
so over this

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

wagexa wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean if you need a $14.99 return, and you do a video chat through the internet with Raj in New Dehli? I guess you can scan his employee ID card through the video screen? Or remote login using storenet ID?
You don't you restructure your 8000 stores ,force your asm's out and split those responsibilities between the cl's and the exa's.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

wagexa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a store manager I was wondering about let's say the card section. Does a Walgreen employee take care of that area OR does the card company take care of it? That's only one area I was thinking of and heard about.
yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Good2 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a store manager I was wondering about let's say the card section. Does a Walgreen employee take care of that area OR does the card company take care of it? That's only one area I was thinking of and heard about.
Why all the fishing just say it. Is hallmark being outsourced?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

As to Hallmark......A Hallmark rep does come out regularly and talks to the person who works the cards....A person who works Hallmark.....in my area anyway.....usually works 2 4 hour shifts a week

In some cases the Hallmark person is also the reset/revision clerk.........that way that person gets some more hours......
WassonsCrapHole

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

wagexa wrote:
<quoted text>
you just have Wasson a new idea. it may not be in India but video chat managers could be possible.

CLs won't even have to leave their stores.
Ya right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Hallmark will now be taken care of by hallmark reps, and the Walgreens hallmark ladies will move to a permanent store, as a regular employee.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Ya right wrote:
Hallmark will now be taken care of by hallmark reps, and the Walgreens hallmark ladies will move to a permanent store, as a regular employee.
If this is true, then good. I hate dealing with Hallmark. I feel that using my clerk to take care of hallmark is a waste of resources. And then the Hallmark lady comes by I'm short 1 clerk in front. Worse is she can't even speak english so I don't know what the heck she needs.

And I swear my stupid Hallmark clerk just takes her sweet time playing with the cards in the aisle as an excuse not to do anything else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Ya right wrote:
God I hope this is NOT true.......My Hallmark clerk IS A BITCH who stirs up trouble all the time and WILL NOT touch a register for nothing..........

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

love my hallmark person - she's a character and is always willing to pitch in when there's IC3. Shame we only get her once a week, but she does a lot of different stores

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Our Hallmark clerk will not even let someone in the bathroom and works like 3 hours a week, I hope they get rid of them all.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Being in over a dozen stores, I've never known a Hallmark person to EVEN have a sign on to the register unless they were also a clerk at the store. The Hallmark person is in the store for a very limited number of hours per week. That is their priority. Of course they should help out with customer service if customers come up to them but that's about it. If they do have sign ons and respond to IC3s that's great as long as their department is looking great but consider that to be pure "gravy".
Yeah ok

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Ya right wrote:
Hallmark will be converting to pay-on-scan. The stores will no longer be responsible for ordering, resets, working out stock, etc. This will all be handled by hallmark reps beginning in select stores in January and will roll out chainwide some time in February.

Current hallmark clerks will be moved to a store and recoded. They can also apply at hallmark to take the new position but will be employed by hallmark and not by walgreens.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

As long as we get rid of the BITCH Hallmark clerk at my store I'll be happy..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Trimming the fat 9 min Realistic 3
Walgreens Lean Six Sigma 1 hr Employee 11
hacked!? 2 hr theborg 13
asm hours 2 hr joey asm 13
Why & How I left Walgreens 4 hr Forrealyo 21
Yearly review 10 hr imdefinitelynotanSFL 21
Store Manager in pharmacy before hours 10 hr SusieWAG 52
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) Wed Model Citizen 983
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... Wed Come on now 181
Nationwide LP meeting Jul 26 Lol 84
•••
•••