Walgreens Engages Hispanic Customers ...

Walgreens Engages Hispanic Customers with Health and Wellness...

There are 35 comments on the Freshnews story from Jan 18, 2013, titled Walgreens Engages Hispanic Customers with Health and Wellness.... In it, Freshnews reports that:

Walgreens and Televisa Consumer Products, LLC are working together on an initiative to engage Hispanic customers and gain additional insight into the Hispanic community through the introduction of TCP's health and wellness products.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Freshnews.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Diane

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2013
That's strange ....I've lived in southern AZ for most of my life. I never realized Hispanics need different cough / sleep remedies than other cultures!
Really?
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Diane wrote:
That's strange ....I've lived in southern AZ for most of my life. I never realized Hispanics need different cough / sleep remedies than other cultures!
Really?
They actually DO come into the stores and ask for specific Hispanic products. A big one this month is Tukol - a cough remedy. My store put in the products a couple of months ago. Word has gotten around the hispanic community and we are now starting to do a big business on those products.
Jeff

Gilbert, AZ

#5 Jan 23, 2013
These products are huge sellers in the highly Hispanic areas. If you look at the ingredients, there's nothing special about the products, just renaming of products that are available elsewhere in the store. Tukol flies off the shelves whenever we get a shipment and it's just Robitussin DM with a decongestant. Several other products in the same line of products are the same as Benadryl, Tylenol PM, Visine, etc...but they only want that specific brand name.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 23, 2013
It's because the Spanish channels play their ads all day long, and say that you can find it at Walgreens.

You guys should watch more telenovelas.

Since: Jan 13

Indore, India

#7 Mar 6, 2013
Really these products are huge sellers in the highly Hispanic areas. There is nothing special about the products, just the renaming of the products that are available in other stores also. It's becoming so popular among the Hispanic community that each & every guy suffered from this want to get the medicine at any cost.
- From 24 Hour Emergency Room Houston

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 6, 2013
jassicajoseph75 wrote:
Really these products are huge sellers in the highly Hispanic areas. There is nothing special about the products, just the renaming of the products that are available in other stores also. It's becoming so popular among the Hispanic community that each & every guy suffered from this want to get the medicine at any cost.
- From 24 Hour Emergency Room Houston
Tukol! Tukol! This is all I here every day. Lol we sell more if the Tukol then any other cough med... Starting to think there is crack mixed in or something lol

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 Mar 6, 2013
Funny how stupid people are. Just like folks coming in here searching for ZZZQuil. I told them to look at the ingredients, it's just Benedryl / Diphenhydramine 25mg.
frank

Clermont, FL

#10 Mar 13, 2013
I just tried Tukol and its beats robutussin. It does not have that horrible after taste. It is the first that has actually stopped my cough and my sinus congestion. I will look for this product again.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 14, 2013
frank wrote:
I just tried Tukol and its beats robutussin. It does not have that horrible after taste. It is the first that has actually stopped my cough and my sinus congestion. I will look for this product again.
Glad to hear at least it worked! Never had a customer say it didn't work.
Joey Knish

West Haven, CT

#12 Mar 15, 2013
i-yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi -i

communista communistia, how many so fl green tooth julios i got out here tonite? word! can i get a witness!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#13 Mar 15, 2013
I had a customer come in asking for it as well last month. I had never heard of it and he was saying that he hears it on the radio that its sold at Walgreens. I may have to go into one of our stores that carry a bigger supply of Hispanic products and see how it is.
indiacita

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Mar 18, 2013
Diane wrote:
Really?
im Hispanic and I never heard such a thing too
indiacita

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Pharmd2 wrote:
<quoted text>
can you please tell me where you purchased it at
my dad say he seen it on tv and he only notice walgreens
anywhere else?

Location hidden

#16 Mar 18, 2013
indiacita wrote:
<quoted text>can you please tell me where you purchased it at
anywhere else?
It's on Walgreens.com or your store mgr can Oder it for the store

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 18, 2013
Pharmd2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on Walgreens.com or your store mgr can Oder it for the store
Actually Tukol isn't available thru the website.

http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp...

Location hidden

#18 Mar 19, 2013
JTruant wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Tukol isn't available thru the website.

http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp...
Hmm sorry thought it was ... I did it as a site to order or about 6 months ago before we started stocking it
Angel

Pomona, CA

#19 Apr 18, 2013
indiacita wrote:
<quoted text>
im Hispanic and I never heard such a thing too
How about Tapatio (salsa) never heard of that either???
Jan

Elizabeth, NJ

#20 Nov 11, 2013
Pharmd2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very good as a decongestant. I woke up with horrible chest congestion one morning. That same night I was congestion free. Of course I was coughing all day, but it never said it was a cough suppressant so I am not complaining
Jan

Elizabeth, NJ

#21 Nov 11, 2013
indiacita wrote:
<quoted text>
can you please tell me where you purchased it at
anywhere else?
Walmart also carries it.
Steve

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Nov 12, 2013
We have a side panel full of Hispanic products. Same ingredients, just Spanish names lol. Expensive tho!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senior tech 10 min internintraining 3
New budgets 1 hr IT DAY WAG NIGHT 26
what to do 3 hr do tell 3
Asm position going away 5 hr ExSBA 98
Are they allowed to keep us during a power outage 9 hr Theborgman 14
Highest Evaluation? (Jun '13) 12 hr Been there 45
Beauty Advisers: Cos sales (Feb '13) 17 hr Stillhere 66
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 23 hr WWID 58
More from around the web