My store is sooo wasteful

My store is sooo wasteful

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Mr Collins

AOL

#1 Nov 24, 2013
Why is it that walgreens has to be soo wasteful. My manager throws out boxes of diapers and the only thing wrong is the box flap came unsealed cant u just tape it back instead of throwing out the entire box of 76 diapers. Also he threw out an entire display of general mills ceral because the display was damaged and he couldnt set it up so the entire display along with the ceral went into the dumpster. He doesnt donate anything to charity. After the holidays he will go 50% off and throw everything that is left in the dumpster. Why so wasteful.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#2 Nov 24, 2013
Mr Collins wrote:
Why is it that walgreens has to be soo wasteful. My manager throws out boxes of diapers and the only thing wrong is the box flap came unsealed cant u just tape it back instead of throwing out the entire box of 76 diapers. Also he threw out an entire display of general mills ceral because the display was damaged and he couldnt set it up so the entire display along with the ceral went into the dumpster. He doesnt donate anything to charity. After the holidays he will go 50% off and throw everything that is left in the dumpster. Why so wasteful.
Here's a clue --- Loss Prevention would probably like to know also.
castleWagula

United States

#3 Nov 24, 2013
Mr Collins wrote:
You appear to be a big waste yourself...why would you nark like a little Sissy boy about your workplace??...be a man...dont stab people in the back..but obviously you like doing things to people's backsides...grow up and act like a man...tape the box up if you saw it in 1506..put the cereal out if you saw it was ok...you are set to have a life of complaining and pointing out other's mistakes so get use to it

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4 Nov 24, 2013
castleWagula wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be a big waste yourself...why would you nark like a little Sissy boy about your workplace??...be a man...dont stab people in the back..but obviously you like doing things to people's backsides...grow up and act like a man...tape the box up if you saw it in 1506..put the cereal out if you saw it was ok...you are set to have a life of complaining and pointing out other's mistakes so get use to it
kind of mean bro

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 24, 2013
Whats a waste is all the register and Catalina tape
that will go into the garbage rigging up register rewards this week! over and over, the discover card and contact lens infomercial. I can see it now the same person standing there ringing up their stuff and all the ticker tape, why if someone is buying
20 toothbrushes cant we ring it all up at once and it it shoots out 20 RR's, it can be done they did for Halloween for a 50 cent RR, because there was a 1.50 off of 3 mfr coupon. If they really wanted to SAVE and MAKE MONEY they'd implement this all the paper saved nationwide. The regular way the customers are so exhausted they leave when they are done, the good way they might turn around and go back and get more purchases since it wasn't so grueling. Just a thought if anyone who has the power to make this happen indeed happen.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 24, 2013
And why does the Catalina print out stuff, even if they did not use a BR card? I think it would be nice to have a button to print the receipt if they want one. 98% of all my transactions on receipt and Catalina go in the trash. Also worth mentioning ..for the sake of our customers mind you..is why does the pin pad ask so many questions? Nearly all of my customers complain, it is too long, too many questions - on and on about it all the time.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#7 Nov 24, 2013
TexasOutlaw wrote:
And why does the Catalina print out stuff, even if they did not use a BR card? I think it would be nice to have a button to print the receipt if they want one. 98% of all my transactions on receipt and Catalina go in the trash. Also worth mentioning ..for the sake of our customers mind you..is why does the pin pad ask so many questions? Nearly all of my customers complain, it is too long, too many questions - on and on about it all the time.
No receipts are coming. You will also get a choice to have it emailed to you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Nov 24, 2013
That would be nice . I hate receipts with disappearing ink.
Bam

El Cajon, CA

#9 Nov 24, 2013
comment2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No receipts are coming. You will also get a choice to have it emailed to you.
sweet, hopefully it doesn't make returns a bigger pain in the ass.....Catalina works the way it does because we have contracts with the manufacturers who provide the coupon. That's why we have ivc books and stuff doesn't just ring automatically $1 off. Manufacturers who pay us scan downs dont want to pay unless cust gives us the coupon.
Bam

El Cajon, CA

#10 Nov 24, 2013
Mr Collins wrote:
report your manager, do something about it

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 24, 2013
Definitely report it. Not only is it unethical, it also causes profit margin loss for the store and it's fraud against suppliers if we get a partial credit for 'damaged' merchandise that is not actually damaged. 800-6NO-LOSS is the number. Don't give your name when you report it.
WagWhat

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 25, 2013
It becomes a customer safety issue with certain things. Who is to say that the box of diapers wasn't tampered with in some way? The cereal is no excuse and honestly sounds far fetched. I've been with Walgreens for 6.5 years and 12 different stores and never once did I see an SM jut throw something away for the heck of it. Further I've never seen an SM do 1506. Plus it's a judgement call. I make them all the time on merchandise. If it looks bad from a customers standpoint I will 1506 it even if the product itself is fine. Also with the new program they are suppose to be donating it or quarantining it for safe disposal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today's compass. 2 hr AllLies 45
Only 18 Regions Remain as on 2/17 7 hr Fakenews 46
Conf Call Tomorrow 7 hr Truth 6
Can I get terminated for... 8 hr UncommonSense 10
Asm return 9 hr SCMGR 8
manager buy-out? 10 hr WHATRU 50
Beauty 20 hr Charlene 10
Store level management elimination? (Aug '16) 20 hr MGR 31
More from around the web