LarrySellars

Scottdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

New Jersey state board just approved the Asteres machine for when the pharmacy is closed. Good bye overnight RPHs in the slower stores
Bubba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

LarrySellars wrote:
New Jersey state board just approved the Asteres machine for when the pharmacy is closed. Good bye overnight RPHs in the slower stores
Walgreens already closed them down. I think there is only 15 or 20 left in the entire state. It's just for refills...great for non 24 hour stores.
Larrysellars

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Why would you put a 100,000 dollar machine in the store if your not reducing pharmacy hours. Well I guess you could extend front end hours so that people could pick up and drop off when the pharmacy is closed, but I can't see Walgreens extending store hours.
I think we are gonna have pharmacists on site like 10-6 and patients can use the machine after that or go to a nearby store that has a pharmacist all the time. I just can't see Walgreens spending this kind of money to give customers the option of not waiting at the pharmacy.
a Canadian

Jamison, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

jlpst94 wrote:
These are being distributed to stores this month and are going to be compatable with release 67.
storeNet search....pharmatrust.....adam kaplan......click on the links
Are you referring to the PharmaTrust kiosks or Walgreens own brand?
a Canadian

Jamison, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Are you referring to PharmaTrust's MedCentre or Walgreens' own brand of kiosk?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Asteres is the product that they are going to start with. Its compatable with release 67.
store net search.......Asteres.......ada m kaplan.......click on the links there..

Pharmatrust is the company Walgreens purchases. It looks like this one is coming down the road
waggie

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

yes but the machine do a cap block while signing you up for a rewards card and giving you a flu-zostavax shot at the same time as a cmr with encounter plus check your blood pressure - glucose- cholesterol -body mass then wish you a warm "be well" as I do a stock check for yet another

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Some text from "Manager: Perry Hall Walgreens a 'True Community Store'"

The store opened its doors back in September after multiple delays and complaints from community members about the addition of another corporate drug store.

Computer kiosks provide prescription processing without having to wait in line, and the store's inventory is unmatched, the manager said.

(Read more at http://perryhall.patch.com/articles/photos-pe... )

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Im pretty sure that this will be used to supplement the pharmacist position, not replace it.

It will add value and convenience to our brick and motor. This addition is perfectly in line with our 5 key strategies.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

UrbanSM13 wrote:
Im pretty sure that this will be used to supplement the pharmacist position, not replace it.

It will add value and convenience to our brick and motor. This addition is perfectly in line with our 5 key strategies.
I've seen these. They allow the patient to enter their profile and request refills, just like the online portal, nothing more.
Nicodemus

Pikesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

The "kiosk" in the perry hall case is the express pay kiosk, it has nothing to do with automated dispensers !
Nicodemus

Pikesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Plus the bop in that state is the worst, it takes them a decade to adopt anything new as far as advancing pharmacy.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

More text from "Manager: Perry Hall Walgreens a 'True Community Store'" (from the online article http://perryhall.patch.com/articles/photos-pe... )

He (Perry Hall Walgreens manager Dave Foster) added that many of the store's customers are traveling from White Marsh and Overlea for prescription drug services at the new state-of-the-art facility. Computer kiosks provide prescription processing without having to wait in line, and the store's inventory is unmatched, the manager said.
Diane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

barb b kew wrote:
st least the kiosks and the robots will have better personalities!!.....BURN
ha...that is funny!? Thanks for laugh.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Good I hope they get rid of them alltogether. We have so many complaints daily it would be great to not have to deal with all of them. Bye bye
Mike Beard

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

I marketed for PharmaTrust for awhile. Although there was expected push back from some pharmacists, we predicted that once the MedCentre's were in place that the tele-centres, with 24 hour service and access to multiple languages would be accepted. It would essentially turn a standing up/service job into an sitting office/customer service job. Face to face and teleconferencing opportunities enhanced the experience both from the patient's and the pharmcist's perspectives. As far as the elderly are concerned there was a great at-home option that told the patient what to take, and then tracked the patient's adherence, plus reported to physicians and pharmacists when the patient neglected their drug regimen. How may times have you wondered,'did I take my meds?' This would have solved all that.
how

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Is all the company changes worth it? People moving there rx to other places they dnt want wait. Cutting hours not doing anything but hurting company. I dnt see where wag going but under. That is why rx getting people meds all mixed up lack of help back there. They say customers first they give to much work to do,no time for customers....

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

I know WAG would consider because it saves obey, but then again, WAG prides itself on bringing the pharmacist out from behind the counter and the pharmacist being more accessible.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

* saves money

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

145 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Action settlement letter 18 min ca rph 15
Yearly review 44 min -Wag- 16
only the beginning 1 hr El Rio 2
40, 000 poiints 7 hr wagslave 12
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 15 hr Taleiyah 974
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... 19 hr WAG this 176
Store Manager in pharmacy before hours Sun Beenwell 42
Nationwide LP meeting Sat Lol 84
•••