I'm not looking forward to the customers who

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

readyforthenuts

Bellwood, IL

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Want to start a fight with you if you wish them a Happy Holiday.

I call this customer an instructor on how prayer works. He comes in at least twice a week ranting about how vaccinations are a commie plot. He has been making weekly threats for years about calling corporate to inform them they are wrong to promote useless vaccinations.

Me: Have a Happy Holiday and be well
Christian looking hurt and all persecuted: You MEAN Merry Christmas right? When did Walgreens start the war on Christmas?!?
I'm boycotting. What's your name? Well, I am going to let corporate know that I will be taking my business to a place that appreciates and respects Christians. What a shame. This company is really going downhill.
Me: Have a Happy Merry Christmas and be well
Christian: I pray you do have a Merry Christmas on the unemployment line with your secular values.

Do any of you have a nutjob that can top this guy?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Vaccinations ARE actually a joke. I never get the shot and i NEVER get the flu as well as many others. Just a scare tactic to make more money....wash your damn hands more often and stop being a dirty pig and you will have to worry less about being sick.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 8, 2012
I had a customer once who lectured me about flouridated water several times. On the 3rd time I saw him I told him I already was well aware of all the science for and against flouridation and that I wasn't going to talk to him anymore about it. He didn't bother me again.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 8, 2012
lol @ joey. I never used a rubber and I never got AIDS. That doesn't mean it was a good idea. I think I'll probably stick to what the CDC and the majority of doctors say.
MGTonsauce

Kelseyville, CA

#5 Dec 8, 2012
My old customer we use to call the FBI lady. She constantly reminded us that the president was actually kidnapped, and to make sure when our loved ones are kidnapped make sure they are still alive before paying ransom. I was tempted while she was in the store to get on the pa and announce tin foil hats on sale in aisle 11.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 9, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
lol @ joey. I never used a rubber and I never got AIDS. That doesn't mean it was a good idea. I think I'll probably stick to what the CDC and the majority of doctors say.
Enjoy injecting yourself with trash......
HappyFestivus

Bellwood, IL

#7 Dec 9, 2012
joeybutterfucco wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy injecting yourself with trash......
I don't think anyone who works at Walgreens can help to make company goals for flu shots or any other immunizations when taking this anti-science viewpoint.
It's people like you who are costing us customers by your beliefs promoted by the likes of Jenny McCarthy. Get your science from scientists, not centerfolds or Oprah or OZ the quack.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 9, 2012
HappyFestivus wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone who works at Walgreens can help to make company goals for flu shots or any other immunizations when taking this anti-science viewpoint.
It's people like you who are costing us customers by your beliefs promoted by the likes of Jenny McCarthy. Get your science from scientists, not centerfolds or Oprah or OZ the quack.
So basically you are concerned more about money huh?
wagsuxxx

Shawnee, KS

#9 Dec 9, 2012
joeybutterfucco wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you are concerned more about money huh?
Flu shots aren't bs. Medicare would not cover them if they didn't save them money. Just because you haven't gotten the flu does not mean anything. Have you ever read a scientific study? Do you realize how quickly someone would get laughed at with your evidence? Healthy people should also get the flu shot to prevent spreading it to the unhealthy. I bet you most drs, nurses, and pharmacists get their flu shots. The know nothings like you pretend to know what is best even though you have no medical background. Sorry I don't take medical advice from assistant managers at retail stores.
WAG this

Marion, IN

#10 Dec 9, 2012
joeybutterfucco wrote:
Vaccinations ARE actually a joke. I never get the shot and i NEVER get the flu as well as many others. Just a scare tactic to make more money....wash your damn hands more often and stop being a dirty pig and you will have to worry less about being sick.
Wow. What a twisted view. I've taken both hands off of the steering wheel a few times to reach for something and never crashed. That doesn't mean that driving with your hands ON the wheel is b.s. It simply means I got lucky. Yes, vaccinations increase profits. They also boost immunity. It's called a win-win.
mmhae

Madison, WI

#11 Dec 10, 2012
wagsuxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Flu shots aren't bs. Medicare would not cover them if they didn't save them money. Just because you haven't gotten the flu does not mean anything. Have you ever read a scientific study? Do you realize how quickly someone would get laughed at with your evidence? Healthy people should also get the flu shot to prevent spreading it to the unhealthy. I bet you most drs, nurses, and pharmacists get their flu shots. The know nothings like you pretend to know what is best even though you have no medical background. Sorry I don't take medical advice from assistant managers at retail stores.
First of all, have you got a report from Medicare showing where it saved them money? Why should a healthy person get a shot that may or mayNOT work against what the most recent flu strain is. Yes a lot of drs nurses and so forth get the flu shots because they have more exposure than the rest of us. You don't have to take any advise but at least do your own research into the situation. Just because the store or some dr says you should do it doesn't mean you should just jump into it. The question is why has it gone from the young/elderly to now everyone should get the shot. What changed, is there money involved; is it a case of them tracking people? What information do they get from each person that gets a shot. I have not done so but don't they ask for your personal information..........just saying.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Dec 10, 2012
Had a woman accuse me of promoting obesity in america for offering her a suggestive sell candy bar.

The smart-ass that is me replied : "On behalf of Walgreens, I sincerely apologize."

My new one is : "Did you know that Hershies have joined the American Dietary Association to help promote healthier eating?"

Boom.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 10, 2012
mmhae wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, have you got a report from Medicare showing where it saved them money? Why should a healthy person get a shot that may or mayNOT work against what the most recent flu strain is. Yes a lot of drs nurses and so forth get the flu shots because they have more exposure than the rest of us. You don't have to take any advise but at least do your own research into the situation. Just because the store or some dr says you should do it doesn't mean you should just jump into it. The question is why has it gone from the young/elderly to now everyone should get the shot. What changed, is there money involved; is it a case of them tracking people? What information do they get from each person that gets a shot. I have not done so but don't they ask for your personal information..........just saying.
Thaaaaaaank you!
Youaresad

Bellwood, IL

#14 Dec 10, 2012
mmhae wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, have you got a report from Medicare showing where it saved them money?]

I don't want to wake you up to the obvious, but anytime a person does not end up hospitalized due to a preventable illness it saves everyone money. Hospitalization and risk of death is costly.

[Why should a healthy person get a shot that may or mayNOT work against what the most recent flu strain is.]

Why indeed. Because a seemingly healthy person has no protection from any preventable illness unless they are immunized. The sad thing is infants up to a certain age have no protection at all. The CDC has information that shows you how many people and what age have died and continue to die. Please visit their link. The flu is not the only thing the public needs to worry about with people like you walking around like loaded guns. There are many other preventable diseases that are making comebacks due to this whole new hippie dippy lack of thinking that was promoted by semi celebrities who don't understand how their child got autism. Hint: not from a vaccination.

[Yes a lot of drs nurses and so forth get the flu shots because they have more exposure than the rest of us.]
Really? It's not just because they have more of an education on the matter and would do it anyway?

[You don't have to take any advise but at least do your own research into the situation.]

Provide your research on the "situation"

Just because the store or some dr says you should do it doesn't mean you should just jump into it. The question is why has it gone from the young/elderly to now everyone should get the shot. What changed, is there money involved; is it a case of them tracking people? What information do they get from each person that gets a shot. I have not done so but don't they ask for your personal information..........just saying.
The rest is much too fruitcake in one slice for me, I will have to respond in another post once I stop laughing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thanksgiving and christmas taken away.... why? 3 hr blah 7
Hiring Tips 3 hr wagslave 5
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 3 hr jkoit 1,402
Cramer's Mad Money - I Didn't Have Enough Confi... 4 hr wagslave 2
Open until midnight 6 hr Geminiwag 7
Managers Shirt 7 hr MrWaggy 7
Necht Cooker Hood 9 hr sakitnyatudisini 1
Restructuring in 2015 15 hr Ahhhshizzle 71
Wag on fire in MO Wed Ssj4wag 12

Walgreens People Search