edison project
dan b

United States

#102 Jan 26, 2012
Mickey wrote:
<quoted text>
Has this already happened or is this just your prediction?
Its not a prediction as I once thought it was, I got it from a close store manager of mine who is friends with dms in other areas, expect ur severence offering possibly in two weeks
dan b

United States

#103 Jan 26, 2012
SM wrote:
I have spoken to someone who was a part of the project Edison meeting. Although they can't give specifics right now store managers are not being replaced by CL's, no one is having to reapply for new positions, there aren't going to be mass layoffs, it will be a process similar to the stl through attrition. Job titles will change, there will be change, it won't be great for everyone, but this huge panic is out of control. I haven't had to fill out any report about who should be let go out of my store so I have no idea what dm's are doing that for?
store managers aren't being replaced by cls yet... The stores will need managers while they weed through the mgts and stls so this process can take three years to finish starting with the bottom people. Store managers will be given "comfort" speeches that your job isn't in jepeordy only to find out after you help them through this tough restructure you will be next. CLs will have five stores and spend one full day in each one of their stores managing an making sure everything is consistant while the co mgr (formally store manager) just follows compass and delegates that accordingly, the new mgt (formally exa) will be allowed to delegate tasks and work accordingly, team leaders are going to be very restricted as us mgt know we have a lot of things we can do in store will be taken away as they will just be used for catching calls and working the floor, the co mgr now will be able to be a real manager and manage a store and its people and spend time in the office like most always do, the "edison project" could have us all said and done by whoever chooses to stay. March first everyone over 4 years will be fully vested, therefore anyone not fully vested in profit sharing that they hope will take the severence and leave will leave wag with some of their money back so everything will happen before then, I believe it will happen before your market meeting is scheduled as mine is the 16, others are the 28. This is why all these new policies have recently changed on store nets employee with severence pay, vacations when you leave now being prorated so we all can't cash in on our vacations we earned for this new year and now its too late to take vacation if this bomb drops as quick as I predict.
dan b

United States

#104 Jan 26, 2012
pop wrote:
every store should contact a union office and begin the process now to put a damper on their plans to screw us
or how about this... Let walgreens realize how important we are to the company and all call out sick on a specific day...
Florida

Largo, FL

#105 Jan 26, 2012
So, to all you CL's and SM's posting on here. In 2010 as an EXA I made $52000, take away my bonus $3600, take away the "rumored" pay cut of $10000. And I am suppose to accept a salary of $38000 a year. And I have been with the company over 9 years. AND I have a college degree. Huh, that sounds fantastic! Give me my severence package and stop dishing out your scripted responses, we have all heard the "Don't worry about your jobs" crap you say everytime there are layoffs. Remember when Walgreens laid off all the techs????? Same propaganda. "Don't worry, don't worry uhhhh your laid off!" The new mantra should read "Live well, Stay well, F**k you"
Mgt gddss

Maitland, FL

#106 Jan 26, 2012
dan b wrote:
<quoted text> store managers aren't being replaced by cls yet... The stores will need managers while they weed through the mgts and stls so this process can take three years to finish starting with the bottom people. Store managers will be given "comfort" speeches that your job isn't in jepeordy only to find out after you help them through this tough restructure you will be next. CLs will have five stores and spend one full day in each one of their stores managing an making sure everything is consistant while the co mgr (formally store manager) just follows compass and delegates that accordingly, the new mgt (formally exa) will be allowed to delegate tasks and work accordingly, team leaders are going to be very restricted as us mgt know we have a lot of things we can do in store will be taken away as they will just be used for catching calls and working the floor, the co mgr now will be able to be a real manager and manage a store and its people and spend time in the office like most always do, the "edison project" could have us all said and done by whoever chooses to stay. March first everyone over 4 years will be fully vested, therefore anyone not fully vested in profit sharing that they hope will take the severence and leave will leave wag with some of their money back so everything will happen before then, I believe it will happen before your market meeting is scheduled as mine is the 16, others are the 28. This is why all these new policies have recently changed on store nets employee with severence pay, vacations when you leave now being prorated so we all can't cash in on our vacations we earned for this new year and now its too late to take vacation if this bomb drops as quick as I predict.
March 1st everyone will be vested in profit sharing, no matter what your years of service are :-!
What to do

Pittsfield, IL

#107 Jan 26, 2012
Does anyone have an understanding of how these "demotion" conversations will go? I know that information is spotty at this point but will I essentially be called into a meeting and told, as an mgt, that I am now a key holder making $12 an hour? Lastly, what will these forthcoming decisions be based on, level of work or length of service? Mine are probably all ridiculous questions at this juncture but I'm curious as to how other employees see this going down.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#108 Jan 26, 2012
Florida wrote:
So, to all you CL's and SM's posting on here. In 2010 as an EXA I made $52000, take away my bonus $3600, take away the "rumored" pay cut of $10000. And I am suppose to accept a salary of $38000 a year. And I have been with the company over 9 years. AND I have a college degree. Huh, that sounds fantastic! Give me my severence package and stop dishing out your scripted responses, we have all heard the "Don't worry about your jobs" crap you say everytime there are layoffs. Remember when Walgreens laid off all the techs????? Same propaganda. "Don't worry, don't worry uhhhh your laid off!" The new mantra should read "Live well, Stay well, F**k you"
just be glad your not an mgt at this point.SM's are told to tell us 'everything is ok' to keep our morale above 0., but we all know were getting screwed,
NCMGT

Asheboro, NC

#109 Jan 26, 2012
How would you guys respond to a demotion, when they say reapply for this or your new position is this?

Location hidden

#110 Jan 27, 2012
NCMGT wrote:
How would you guys respond to a demotion, when they say reapply for this or your new position is this?
Take the job and pay cut until I can find something better. ASAP I'm out of there. I was hoping to move up. Wanted to eventually become a store manager. But there isn't much incentive for that now. I have my doubts that the company will even be in business in 3 yrs.
manager

United States

#111 Jan 27, 2012
Everyone. When your DM gets back next week press them for info! One of them will leak something.

Minneapolis, MN

#112 Jan 27, 2012
NCMGT wrote:
check with your states unemployment office you may find that you are eligible for benifits if offered a new position at a lower wage, and your benifit amount may be about the same or more than what your new wage would be you can use that time to find other employment rather than continue to support a company that no longer values what you gave contributed.

Location hidden

#113 Jan 27, 2012
dan b wrote:
<quoted text> store managers aren't being replaced by cls yet... The stores will need managers while they weed through the mgts and stls so this process can take three years to finish starting with the bottom people. Store managers will be given "comfort" speeches that your job isn't in jepeordy only to find out after you help them through this tough restructure you will be next. CLs will have five stores and spend one full day in each one of their stores managing an making sure everything is consistant while the co mgr (formally store manager) just follows compass and delegates that accordingly, the new mgt (formally exa) will be allowed to delegate tasks and work accordingly, team leaders are going to be very restricted as us mgt know we have a lot of things we can do in store will be taken away as they will just be used for catching calls and working the floor, the co mgr now will be able to be a real manager and manage a store and its people and spend time in the office like most always do, the "edison project" could have us all said and done by whoever chooses to stay. March first everyone over 4 years will be fully vested, therefore anyone not fully vested in profit sharing that they hope will take the severence and leave will leave wag with some of their money back so everything will happen before then, I believe it will happen before your market meeting is scheduled as mine is the 16, others are the 28. This is why all these new policies have recently changed on store nets employee with severence pay, vacations when you leave now being prorated so we all can't cash in on our vacations we earned for this new year and now its too late to take vacation if this bomb drops as quick as I predict.
Stop feeding the stupid info pool. You know nothing. Let me spell it out for you. ITS GOING TO TAKE 3 YEARS OR MORE. If your district is not over staffed with exa's and mgt's you are fine. If your an MGT you will lose no money.

However if your district is over staffed, good luck.

That is what it boils down to.

Location hidden

#114 Jan 27, 2012
comiskeybum wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop feeding the stupid info pool. You know nothing. Let me spell it out for you. ITS GOING TO TAKE 3 YEARS OR MORE. If your district is not over staffed with exa's and mgt's you are fine. If your an MGT you will lose no money.
However if your district is over staffed, good luck.
That is what it boils down to.
Sources?

Location hidden

#115 Jan 27, 2012
lowtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sources?
the Q&A on storenet says it will take 3 years.
Hgybr

Roseville, CA

#116 Jan 27, 2012
comiskeybum wrote:
<quoted text>
If they get er done in 6 months do they high-five each other?

Location hidden

#117 Jan 27, 2012
comiskeybum wrote:
<quoted text>
w brand kool aid drinker. Until its announced no one should be sure. there are many variables at play here.
Wag mgt

Oceanside, CA

#118 Jan 27, 2012
I agree with 3 yrs or longer think about it they can't just let everyone go and demote everyone all at once that would be extremely stupid
FORMER RPH EMPLOYEE

Boca Raton, FL

#119 Jan 27, 2012
DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THEY SAY!!!!!!
frustrated

United States

#120 Jan 27, 2012
So how many of you truly believe this will take 3 yrs? I bet the first cut is exa/mgt. Then they will cut the store managers. Why would they cut them now when someone has to perfect this new transition?
Hgybr

Roseville, CA

#121 Jan 27, 2012
frustrated wrote:
So how many of you truly believe this will take 3 yrs? I bet the first cut is exa/mgt. Then they will cut the store managers. Why would they cut them now when someone has to perfect this new transition?
You're probably right - unless you consider it might be exas and SMs fighting for co- manager positions. After all is said and done (if co-manager being a location manager under a CL that runs 5 stores), would you rather be left with a bunch of exas who would view it as a lateral or maybe even promotion, or SMs who would view it as a demotion? We've heard so many different possibilities, who knows what's going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Job descriptions 49 min Newbie44 1
New budgets 3 hr You never know 34
Who is Supposed to Clean Restrooms at Your Store? 4 hr Lol 37
asm-t 6 hr ASMt10 4
Are they allowed to keep us during a power outage 7 hr myhearteats 17
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 10 hr Stop it 59
Kylie Jenner Nail Polish 11 hr aquared 4
My voice survey 20 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 23
Oh come on - those survey statements were hilar... 20 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 9
Asm position going away Wed Wesley 108